It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am NOT Black, You are NOT White.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Isn't it funny how the definition of racism stops the scientific method of classification in it's tracks when it comes to humans?

Did you know that the less pigment you have in your skin, the better you process vitamin D? Is that a superficial difference as well?
Am I really a racist bigot for considering that an evolutionary advantage?

No I did not know that and I don't think that it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be true.

Funny that you would use the Vitamin D argument, as a very close friend of mine and I on Saturday, were comparing diets and vitamin supplements, because we both suffer from vitamin D insufficiency, to the point that we have to take very expensive supplements, to keep our levels up. She is as fair as they come without being an albino, and I am tan, about 3 shades darker than her. So, so much for that argument.

I don't think people to be racist bigots because they believe that an evolutionary process, if true, would be advantageous. I think people that try to use their belief in an evolutionary process, to justify their prejudices are racist bigots.

Nature does not deliberately destroy a species. Nature is about survival of a species. Ugliness and stupidity are not characteristics that promote survival. Nature always uses desirability and intelligence, to move a species forward, so we are just going to have to disagree on this one.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The concept of race wasn't invented in the 15th century. Both the Jews and Romans were well aware of differences between races over 2000 years ago, and it was likely realized by people who existed long before then.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have no problem being white, gringo, honky, cracker or the favorite on ATS...."people like you"

I just walk the Earth like Cane....

Do you know what they call a quarter pounder in France?
edit on 30-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

This is the new age of "enlightenment" didn't you know? Also it's ATS, with that in mind don't expect many agreements with scientific fact or logic or common sense, it's all about the touchy feelies here....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If and/or when, as a species, we ever reach a point where skin color carries no weight... we will have graduated from kindergarten.

Not gonna happen in my life but, I hope it does for others, younger and seeking more than divisions.

Good post.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

This is the new age of "enlightenment" didn't you know? Also it's ATS, with that in mind don't expect many agreements with scientific fact or logic or common sense, it's all about the touchy feelies here....

Pls show us a peer-reviewed study within say the last 10yrs that states "Race" is a scientific fact, you guys are holding on to a long debunked theory that rightfully belonged in the mid 1950ts even before major breakthroughs in genetic mapping.but no matter what scientific studies say you would just call it P.C or touchy feel good.

edit on 30-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Pls show us a peer-reviewed study within say the last 10yrs that states "Race" is a scientific fact, you guys are holding on to a long debunked theory that rightfully belonged in the mid 1950ts even before major breakthroughs in genetic mapping.but no matter what scientific studies say you would just call it P.C or touchy feel good.

So when I'm asked on a piece of paper to check mark next to race, where is the option for human, I haven't personally seen it in the last 10 years. Anybody else?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

So when I'm asked on a piece of paper to check mark next to race, where is the option for human, I haven't personally seen it in the last 10 years. Anybody else?

But don't you see?? that's not the view of scientist that's the view of sociologist for in the end race is a social construct and not a scientific one.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Social Construct = The observable is just an illusion.... I guess when testing scientific theories, that throws all of them right out of the window...
edit on 101America/Chicagoam31America/Chicago015 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah, but for simplicity's sake it's easier to say "That black guy over there told me it was ok to park here." than it is to say "That mocha latte colored gentleman about 20 yards to the East- who may or may not be of African heritage- told me it was ok to park here."

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
Yeah, but for simplicity's sake it's easier to say "That black guy over there told me it was ok to park here." than it is to say "That mocha latte colored gentleman about 20 yards to the East- who may or may not be of African heritage- told me it was ok to park here."

Just sayin'.

Wouldn't it be even simpler to say, "That guy over there, told me it is okay to park here."

I am not responding to nip at you. It is just that twice today on ATS, I have had to come face to face with just how removed I am from this new world I am living in.

I would never have thought to add to my sentence that the person was Black, White or any other race. It just would never have occurred to me to say it.

I don't want you to think that I am some PC correct feefee. I am an old fart, and kind of set in my ways. It just isn't my way.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, if there's 3 white guy's standing in the vicinity and the one I'm talking about is black...then specifying eliminates any question.

Plus, I used to be a cop. You think we've got time to pussy foot around a PC description? You get it out as succinctly as possible. Someone's life could literally depend on it.

An accurate description is just that. I'm a white girl. My friend Randy is a black guy. Brown gets broken down into hispanic, Middle Eastern. And then Asians get lumped together. Sometimes compartmentalization is necessary, it's nothing personal. Sometimes you don't have the luxury of an hour long, in depth description of something. Sometimes it needs to be boiled down to the fewest possible words.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
BOLO: We got a white male suspect just took a dump in the stairwell of the Chase building on Elm. Last seen wearing a Homer Simpson t-shirt. Possibly intoxicated.

True story bra!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You are not back. You are of African decent...which just happens not to be of a lighter shade of skin than those with European decent. I'd be proud to be called black, but I have light skin and in my country can't get the benefits the darker ones get. Gee, I guess that's a form of racism right there.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher

You are not back. You are of African decent...which just happens not to be of a lighter shade of skin than those with European decent. I'd be proud to be called black, but I have light skin and in my country can't get the benefits the darker ones get. Gee, I guess that's a form of racism right there.

That may well depends on the benefits you are seeking, but on average you also don't have to put up with stuff like the below both institutional and private.

Assuming she isn't laying.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher

No clue wtf you were going with that.
" I'd be proud to be called black, but I have light skin and in my country can't get the benefits the darker ones get" kewl story klansman. Here's the kicker, I be pale as a ghost, I linked a video, you however, read the title, and went from there. A form of racism? Sounds like your own inner problems to deal with.

Best claim it was satire, the blanket of safety for when you say stupid #.
edit on 5-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I beg to differ, according to my mirror, I'm very, very white...

I hear what you're saying though!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join