It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonathan Pollard, American Who Spied for Israel, Released After 30 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — He was spirited out of a federal prison on Friday under cover of night, eluding witnesses in a cloak-and-dagger coda to a spy story that has strained relations between two allies for three decades.

But while Jonathan J. Pollard, one of the most notorious spies of the late Cold War, tried to stay out of sight after emerging from custody almost as if from a time machine, the United States and Israel hoped his release would finally heal a long-festering open wound in their partnership.

Jonathan Pollard, American Who Spied for Israel, Released After 30 Years

I don't like this one bit. I was only slightly familiar with this case until I heard he actually did get released. Why this man didn't face a firing squad is beyond me....err well not really. Israel wanted him.

Those that aren't familiar, this is the man that sold the Soviets our first strike nuclear codes, methods of tracking Soviet subs, and several other very damning things that could easily had led to the outright annihilation of hundreds of millions of Americans.

It seems he already has a lucrative job awaiting him as well in FINANCE of all things with an un-named New York investment firm.

I don't know your thoughts ATS, but this in my opinion is worse than letting out the GITMO detainees Obama let go.

What say you ATS?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm shocked the guy actually served 30 years but I'm sure there is an extra $100 million+ coming Israel's way for the trouble of jailing one of their citizens. I do wonder when people are going to wake up to the ridiculous amount of influence that tiny place has on our domestic and international policies. But, I digress.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: skoalman88

The 30 years was a mandatory minimum. No exceptions on that, was actually a life sentence.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Treason is, apparently, a lucrative career choice.

Pollard should have been shot. MHO, of course. At the time, I had family onboard a few of those subs, so my opinion may be a tad biased.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I'm surprised we didn't cave to Israel. Thats what I meant.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
misread site bad link
edit on 29-11-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
How convenient to release this guy when tensions are high in the middle east...The perfect bogey man for a major false flag attack on USA soil.

Let's hope not...

Peace
edit on 29-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

This needs to be front and center on ATS. Robert Hanssen sold secrets to Russia and is in a supermax prison for life, yet someone spies for Israel and is released after 30 years? Perhaps I need to look up the definition of "traitor" again. Of course, we all know that this has nothing to do with trying to placate Israel in light of a softening US position regarding Iran.

Preferential treatment for Israel. Nothing new.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I guess it all depends who is being betrayed ...

Israeli nuclear whistle-blower placed under house arrest for giving TV interview

An Israeli court put nuclear whistle-blower Mordechai Vanunu under seven days' house arrest Thursday for giving a TV interview more than a decade after completing an 18-year jail term, media said.

Army radio said he was arrested in the morning after an interview on privately owned Channel 2 last week in defiance of the terms of his 2004 release.

He later appeared in a Jerusalem court and was confined to his home for a week and barred from using the Internet, the radio said.

Court officials could not be reached for confirmation.

Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported that the police have contacted Channel 2, seeking the full, unedited footage of the interview. Channel 2 has reportedly denied requests to give the footage to police on the principal of protecting their sources, and are taking the matter to court.

The former nuclear technician was jailed in 1986 for disclosing the inner workings of Israel's Dimona nuclear plant to Britain's Sunday Times newspaper.

In the Channel 2 interview Vanunu told the story of his 1986 capture in Rome after an undercover Mossad agent named 'Cindy' seduced him and convinced him to travel with her. He was ambushed and arrested in their Rome hotel room.

He spent more than 10 years of his sentence in solitary confinement.

edit on 30-11-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

new topics

top topics

join