It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Where did our species originate from? Are we of Earth or something else?

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well if we were aliens i'm sure we'd have heard it by now

We evolved or we came into being through god, whichever you prefer.
It seems we've been around for 160,000 years, from a small group in ethiopia to 6 billion, wow.
Man evolved from the ape which evolved from other things.
Basically, it all started out as primordial goo and everything evolved to where it is today.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well,
There are some posts about this in the aliens/ufo section...

And I'm sure there are people here who can give you a very detailed analysis of human history...

But, most scientists believe that the human race evolved from an ancestral species that the chimpanzee also evolved from. Between 5 and 2 million years ago, there appeared many species, in the fossil record, that could, for short periods, at least, stand upright, though no scientist can, honestly, say which fossil species we originate from (in fact, anthropologist fight among themselves, to this day, for the title of the one who found the 'missing link').

At some point around (and I have to emphasize *around* because the fossil dating is uncertain), 1.5 to about 2 million years ago a species appears in the fossil record that has been labelled, alternatively, as Homo Erectus or Homo Ergaster (depending on their region/variations). Though the so-called Homo Habilis appeared before them, these/this was the first species to have a recognizeable body form, and a brain that was significantly larger than a chimp's.

Various other species popped up until around 200, 000 years ago. at this time, the earliest Homo Sapiens MAY have appeared, but there is a lot of dispute about that, even. So far as anyone can tell, abstract thinking, in terms of things like art and ceremonial burial, appeared around 30,000 years ago (again, these are uncertain numbers)... and, as abstract thinking is used to delineate modern humans, the species Homo Sapiens Sapiens can be said to have appeared sometime just before 30,000 years ago...

As to our 'other' origins, it may very well be that these first humans who could paint, build simple structures, perform ceremonies, and use projectile weapons were, in fact, encouraged by ETs, but there is no hard evidence to support that (though I speculate about that a lot on the ET threads).

Again, no one is positive as to when the human race began.. Even today's announcements from Ethiopia (concerning the first, supposed, 'human' skull) do not end the debate.

If I've made some mistakes, i hope that the pro anthropologists out there wil correct me,

Jim

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sage

Good questions all.

But if you truly are a sage, you need to provide some wisdom and answers for other hungry souls.

Otherwise you might have named yourself 'Sponge'.

Personally, I come from Mars.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What about the 'missing links' in human evolution?

ONE

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They remain 'exactly' that....missing links.

The question would be "What about the ancient writings of varied ancient civilisations documenting that they were given 'greater knowledge' from those far more ancient then themselves?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So how does the DNA, blueprint for life, just evolve into something else? A shark has been a shark for millions and millions of yeaqrs. Why hasnt it evolved into something else? Its already been proven that Neadertal is not in our primate ancestors. It was created to be a Neandertal. Its Blue print demaned it.

Just as our DNA demands we be Homosapiens, NO more, No less.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
seekerof

We could have been given the knowledge from people from other planets or Etheric beings of some sort.

Some(Nation of Islam, Nation of the Gods and Earths, etc.) view those ancient writings as the original man giving knowledge to the "grafted"(selective breeding) white man. They have a strong case for whites being grafted instead of evolving.

ONE

[Edited on 19-6-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi Tamahu.

I, like yourself, feel almost the same way. Historical ancient writings speak of or refer to 'ancient knowledge' being given or 'passed' to prior ancient civilizations. I'm curious to the 'whites' bit and would ask for some clarification but its a mute thing to me anyhoo. Ancient Assyrians and ancient Sumerians speak of gaining or being given ancient knowledge from 'seven sages'. They weren't 'grafted'....Indian ancient writings speak of the same thing...they don't appear to be 'grafted'....the Aboriginals have myth's and stories that relate to the same thing happening, they don't appear 'grafted'.....the ancient Chinese ancient writings extend the same...I can name far more....they don't appear 'grafted'.

Please Tamahu, I am not contradicting nor am I wanting to engage in a 'race' arguement, but the ancient historical writings of ancient civilizations speak for themselves. These ancient civ's have been around far longer that Christianity or Islam combined.

Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would guess that we originated on Earth but were enhanced by an outside force very early in our existence.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I could believe we are aliens if a meteor struck Earth bringing with it amino acids that sparked life. Then evolution takes over.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Freddie, you haven't by chance read what Lloyd Pye has said on this have ya?

www.lloydpye.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nope, I think I saw something on Discovery Channel (notorious for ripping off writer's ideas). Thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
my pleasure.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
OK heres the evolutonary order Swamp Monkey, Tree Monkey, Grass Monkey, Cave Monkey, Snow Monkey, Concreet Monkey, and in the futur Space Monkey or in some opinons we will go back to Cave Monkeys, whatever happens first

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViNZiNO
OK heres the evolutonary order Swamp Monkey, Tree Monkey, Grass Monkey, Cave Monkey, Snow Monkey, Concreet Monkey, and in the futur Space Monkey or in some opinons we will go back to Cave Monkeys, whatever happens first

Your missing one ain't ya? Where does the new 'Aquatic Ape' theory fit into this?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I admit, I am not much of a fan of being "created by aliens" or "being from another solar system".

I think Earth is old enough to have been created probably countless civilisations before ours that got wiped out again one way or another.

If, at all, we're originating from Mars, from a time when the Red Planet was full of life and thriving, but I am not that sure about it.

I've read in another thread about the possibility that we "nuke" ourselves all the times back into the stoneage and I think that might be an possible explanation of all the wonders we encounter on earth and probably Mars as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure our origins are quite as clear cut as evolution or gods creation.
Personally i dont believe that a god created us. I believe that we evolve, but i dont think evolution can fully explain our origins and progress either. As Tamahu
stated, there are many missing links.
I mean, the first manlike being (advanced australopithecus) existed 2000,000 years ago. Homo erectus appeared a million years later, primitive man; another 900,000 years later (the neanderthal). During that period of time we hardly evolved at all. the tools of the Homo erectus and that of the australopithecus were pretty similar. Then cromagnon (thinking man)appeared (35,000 years ago) on the scene and -wooosh- wiped out the neanderthal man. They looked exactly how we still do today. The cromagnon man wore clothes, had a structured society of clans,formed religious beliefs,buried the dead etc etc even though it had taken man way over 2,000,000 years for nothing more than a sharp stone tool used to change slightly.

This makes no sense to me......
definatly some missing links

Ooh - and read sitchin for an alternative perspective on our origins!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I agree with Frostmourne about civilizations going in cycles, but I think there is more to it.

I have read that the Mayan calendar has cycles of about 12,500 and 25,000 years and when each cycle comes upon us then great changes happen to the earth and the people on it. In another thread I was reading a recent increase in seismic activity that has been happening without explanation and another reference to a "pole shift".

The fall of Atlantis has been theorised to have been around 25,000 years ago and came about under cataclysmic circumstances. So if one was to believe that these cycles repeat in some way or another then the next cycle in the Mayan calendar will fall in the next 10-15 years which may explain the increase in seismic activity as a lead up to a pole shift.

For more information check out a book called �The flower of life� by Drumvalo Melchizedek

new topics

top topics

join