It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming where are all the fix ideas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok growing up in the 70's I was exposed to all the hysteria about the coming ice age, there was all types of stories on it in magazines. Then somewhere around 1982-84 it changed into global warming and the big mac boxes were poking a hole in the Ozone layer. Since then I seen Extreme cold weather happen almost like clock work in winter and hot weather happen in a timely matter in summer, Supposedly in 1998 according to the 1984 global warming crowd we were suppose to be swimming to work, it did not happen, then in 1998 we started hearing about 2012 being the year everything would go bonkers they even made a movie about it. Again Non issue, Now were looking at what 2058 or 2025 depending on which chicken little we listen to. I am still wondering when the glaciers are going to roll over Texas.

I do not deny that the world does some strange weather things, there are fossil records to show us that.

I though am wondering when ever I hear chicken little going off about how the climate is going to change and we are all up a river with out a paddle . Where are the Solutions?

I am going by the idea it will happen eventually so what are we doing to make things better when it happens or are we all just watching chicken little scream give me more money and shut everything down?

Why are we as a race not trying to find a way to take advantage of the things like the Northern caps melting? After all that water has to go some where why not try to redirect it into the River system to restock the lakes and Aquifers? Surely the idea of huge irrigation systems and aqueducts was not lost with Rome.

Why is there not independent companies trying to capitalize on stuff like that, where are the government programs to transform the desert using glacier run off?

Why are people not trying to Improve the impact of a gradual natural climate change? Or setting up real projects that could help protect from a Sudden unnatural change.

I would not mind the Taxes for All this mess if I saw the money going for Fixes to the Mess but I am not seeing that in grant proposals I am not seeing that in government work projects, if this were a real issue would we not see things like this?

I have grown up with a simple principle Presenting A problem with out also Presenting a Solution is just Gr-itching. And lately I am getting tired of the Gr-itching and wonder what are some good ideas to fix things or prepare for things. After all better to be prepared and not need it then, act like a grasshopper and get run over by a glacier.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Because it's not about actually saving the world. It's about power and control of our lives. They want us to hand any remaining sovereignty we have over our day to day existence over to them, and they want us to do it willingly. They try to scare us into doing it. They use a variety of fear tactics to do it, and this is just one of them.

You'll notice, I'm sure, that the very same solutions to the Global Cooling, Ozone Hole, and other climate crises are exactly the same as Global Warming? Central government under the UN or some other global governance body who will centrally administrate everything and redistribute all the wealth from rich to poor as though globally solving that inequality will somehow save the planet.

I am somehow skeptical that if we actually were facing climate Armageddon, the very same answers would be there. "Give us your money, and we'll save you." as the only proposal begins to sound awful Stuart Smalley after a while. They'll do it because they're good enough, they're smart enough and doggone it ... they're just the elite, so shut up and listen to their BS.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Look,

The only thing they want to hear or will do is implement the Carbon Credit Scam / Cap & Trade. That has been the goal of Wall Street since the 1990's.

It is a multi Trillion $ money scam. It is the largest financial scam ever known to man and even Green Leftest know it:

Nothing else matters, they must get their scam implemented.

edit on 29-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The tax is supposed to go to better and cleaner industrial, farming and agriculture, and infrastructure like public transportation and energy providers or severs and stuff.

That's what we do in Denmark, slowly adapting and better things, don't know about your country, but you should be able to follow the money somewhere.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I personally believe, if a politician says anything about climate change with out presenting a real way to attempt to make it better is just blowing smoke up our collective behinds, and needs to have all cred stripped from them and replaced.

Unfortunately it appears to be most all of the current leaders in the world and most of the government.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You don't hear about solutions because the solutions that the man made climate change people want are not condusive towards freedom.

That's why they want everyone on board and agreeing that man is causing all the problems. Once they have everyone agreeing, then the solutions will be more palatable.

Why do you think there are those that want to punish/silence anyone who disagrees?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
The tax is supposed to go to better and cleaner industrial, farming and agriculture, and infrastructure like public transportation and energy providers or severs and stuff.

That's what we do in Denmark, slowly adapting and better things, don't know about your country, but you should be able to follow the money somewhere.

So basically the tax subsidizes things that are not market competitive. In other words, you pay taxes so that the true costs of those things are hidden and you can feel better about them when you see the price tag.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
At least it looks like they do not believe that there is real problem about it, why would anyone else believe it?
Allot of money have been and will be thrown at it but that seem to be where the real interest are about whole "problem" = send us more money the world needs it...

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Things cost money, you can't avoid it, it's a change that need to be done, by adding a tax everyone helps and the bills are paid.

Really not that complicated..
edit on 29-11-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Things cost money, you can't avoid it, it's a change that need to be done, by adding a tax everyone helps and the bills are paid.

Then you have not done your research. It is nothing but a money scam period.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Lol what ever dude..

On a second thought, have you done your research and checked what your tax money is spent on, or do you just call "scam" because it's hip to do these days..?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If the ideas were market competitive, no one would need to be forced to "help out" as you put it. Come up with a better, more efficient form of energy than we already have and people will use it. It's not that complex, and it's how the market works.

Think about it ... if those alternatives were actually cheaper and easier to use and cleaner all on their own, why would anyone need to subsidize the industries for them? People would naturally buy them and flock to them. If you are being forced to prop them up to make them competitive, then they aren't really all that good.

We can use the ethanol industry in the states as an example. It burns potential food crop space, it actually take more fuel to transport causing more emissions, it kills the gas mileage in cars making it less efficient, and it will slowly erode the internals of your vehicle because it's corrosive, but we're mandated to have it and we subsidize it. Look at the negatives for a supposedly environmentally sound and renewable fuel.

This is why we subsidize it. Because any savvy consumer looking at it v gas would choose gas. There is no real comparison. Save the world maybe or ruin my gas mileage and maybe my car over time. What do you think people are going to choose?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As some of us have been saying all along here on ATS, the "climate change" rhetoric coming out of the UN and others is merely the excuse for a Big Global Tax. That is what they are about to get down and dirty about in Paris this week. They will call it a Green Tax.

That Green Tax will be the same ole same ole....Successful countries and their producing populations will fork over Big Bucks to under-developed countries.

About .001 per cent will go to the "cause" and corrupt government officials on the receiving end of the Green Tax along with the politicians and leaders from the giving countries, not to mention the UN professional "white collar" criminals will all share the Big Global Slush Fund.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I originally thought to start this line of thinking so Ideas how to fix things or prepare can be gathered or presented. It is looking more like the issue that is getting rammed down our gullets though is a non issue a boogie man so to say...

I so would rather see Fixes presented then getting "It is all your/THEM/THEY/the Government's fault" reasoning that gets us nowhere,.. Real fixes start being talked about and the scam baiters in government would back down because they could not stomach the people wanting them to really do their jobs.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm not saying the carbon tax is a really good idea, actually it sucks because it's not enough, like putting a bandage on a broken leg.

Alternative energy is still not good enough to do anything, sun, wind and alternative fuel products require huge amount of space, space that isn't there, also it is taxed way to heavy.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong ...

I am in no way against things that keep the environment healthy, but I also think this is best addressed locally.

People in the area have a much better idea of how to address their needs than some bureaucrat off in an ivory tower somewhere looking at stats and trend lines.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ah so your saying this is a 10th amendment issue and the Federal government needs to get its grubby hands out of it and let the engineers and local states fix it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

Ah so your saying this is a 10th amendment issue and the Federal government needs to get its grubby hands out of it and let the engineers and local states fix it.

Well there was this issue with the sage (or prairie) grouse (or chicken) recently ... Seems the state of Kansas keeps close tabs on it because it is a protected species. They have clear numbers showing how the population reacts in times of drought, and so they expected exactly what happened these past few years. They deemed that no special action needed to be taken at this time beyond monitoring the population to make sure the numbers didn't drop much more than already expected.

However, the Feds decided to use that population drop as an excuse to try to make a land grab. This despite clear evidence that the grouse population was not behaving anywhere outside normal expectations for environmental conditions inside the state.

So I would say ... who knows best?
edit on 29-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It really is that complicated.

You see we are already taxed to hell and back. Just because you bought the whole "we are making the world a better place" garbage all while making the rich man even more rich, is a sign that all of their ever increasing full on barrage of fear tactics are working.

If it were truly about doing the right thing, then the tax money already in place would be spent more wisely and there wouldn't be any need to be another tax.

But that is not what thiis about. It is about "the man" taking more of your hard earned money, all in the name of saving the planet, and you have been brainwashed to welcome it with open pocket books. The game is rigged, they know how to make you conform, welcome to the borg.
edit on 29-11-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

The rich and company's are also paying carbon tax, they don't seem to complain...

You would be shocked to know that we in Denmark are paying twice the tax than what others do, we are fine with that, cause it works..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join