It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Soup Day!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
On Thursday you enjoy family, friends...and TURKEY! Then you pass out in an L-tryptophan induced coma.

On Friday you do it all over again with the refugees and leftovers.

By it's Saturday it's turkey sandwiches!

Then on Sunday one of the best parts of Thanksgiving arrives...Turkey Soup Day!!

The turkey carcass cooks down in a big pot making the whole house smell delicious. Then you strip down the carcass and add your favorite ingredients including carrots and celery and other stuff.

For dinner; crusty rolls and the highlight of the year...Turkey Soup!!

YUMMM!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So do you use the broth from the turkey being cooked down? or do you use additional broth? Sounds yummy.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sounds nice... I like home made soups. Everything goes in.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Is your avatar from Red Dead Redemption?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Heh, we have an embarrassment of turkey leftovers this year. We made our own turkey breast on Thursday, and then yesterday the whole family was supposed to meet at my aunt's but the winter weather iced half the family out west, so it was just us, my aunt and a cousin's family ... so we wound up with 1/3 of a 23lb bird on top of what we already had.

We're doing turkey tetrazzini today. We're likely freezing some of the turkey and doing a white chicken chili ... only with turkey next weekend.
edit on 29-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yum! That's my plan for today as well, just love the way the house smells while the turkey stock is cooking. Planning on using lots of fresh veggies for the soup with a spring green, pomegranate goat cheese salad on the side. So good!!

Soup is such a good and delicious way to clean out the fridge too!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

So do you use the broth from the turkey being cooked down? or do you use additional broth? Sounds yummy.

Absoutely!! That's the whole idea of it. Of course we add in some chicken stock also just for additional liquid..

Going to try something a little different this year; instead of adding potatoes I'm going to put in some small pasta called ditalini.

Oh, and some green been for a little different twist also.
edit on 11/29/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In my case, I froze the left-over turkey and dressing.I am saving them back
for a quick christmas dinner for two.All I have to make is more potatoes,gravy
and pie.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I made my turkey soup on black Friday while others were out blowing their money and acting like vultures.

I wasn't aware that I was supposed to wait till sunday to make soup.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No hard fast rule about Sunday, but it just usually seems to shake out that way for us.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is a favorite at my house.

Toss a 1/2 stick of butter in a large sauce pan and melt. Add flour to make a rue (roux). Be sure to keep it moving with a whisk so it doesn't scorch. Slowly add chicken broth and keep whisking so it stays smooth. Add diced turkey and one can each (drained) peas, carrots, and cut green beans. Reduce heat and simmer stirring often until heated through. Season with a dash of garlic powder, a good pinch of cilantro, and to taste with paprika, coarse kosher salt, and black pepper. Serve over left over stuffing or with bread, rolls, etc. It tastes like a turkey pot pie. :-)
edit on 5-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join