It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Lack Of Muslim Charities At The Calais Camp?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yep, it is strange how they choose a slum camp over French government assistance or even Germany who they know is currently welcoming everyone.

...if I had to flee the UK I'd be happy to claim asylum in France then get the appropriate housing, welfare, and health care.

*Edit*
I struggle to understand why these men don't just claim asylum in France? Is ending up as a French citizen such a scary thought?!
edit on 29.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That being the case WHY are they hell bent on coming somewhere

where they get filed and monitored like the rest of us??

Mostly bent on getting away than getting to somewhere. They find out what its ike when they get there. Happens the greek isle is the shortest water route to Europe. Same route the Gemran Wehrmacht used to retreat from Africa during WWII. Geography chose their route, that never changes. Besides, bombs aren't raining down on the EU.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: paraphi

Meh, you want the flood of refugees to stop, stop bombing their countries. Pretend that ain't true all day, there is no other reason at the base. All problems stem in the region from the decades of "Humanitarian interventions", which are a ruse designed to mislead people here. The proof is the streaming refugees of unjust wars throughout the region caused by the bombs, period.
Meh, UK planes are not bombing Syria, your nation's planes are though, go bleat to Washington not London.

You can believe whatever your government tells you, UK is a member of NATO, participated in every ME campaign to overthrow, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria, too.

Plus…

UK to begin bombing Syria

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yep, it is strange how they choose a slum camp over French government assistance or even Germany who they know is currently welcoming everyone.

...if I had to flee the UK I'd be happy to claim asylum in France then get the appropriate housing, welfare, and health care.

*Edit*
I struggle to understand why these men don't just claim asylum in France? Is ending up as a French citizen such a scary thought?!

Well they all seem to have the latest technology in their hands as is seen

in various 'News Casts' and the *jungle telegraph* or the equivalent must be

working overtime informing them where the best deals are, and how to buck

the system.

Those camps did not start out as slum camps, the occupants don't take

responsibility for looking after their surroundings, they simply discard what

they have been given and spend all their time trying to break into the UK.

It has been well documented that should they get into the UK they are put

into Hotels sometimes 5* hotels where they are able to use the luxury

ameanaties and get the same meals as people who have paid 5* prices.

The paying guests have been making complaints on 'trip advisor'.

Added to which they get chauffeured to these destinations in top of the

range transport....

I don't believe France or Germany do that

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

To where there isnt a place there obviously. The EU is going through rough times even if they chose to take in migrants. Gonna be a rough winter in those camps without adequit heating.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I agree. No, think it's because they dont want to be there. Some of the migrants may want to be there. But I doubt they had a choice in the matter of where to be sent.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The US and the UK has hands in creating the whole mess.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Have you travelled on a shoestring? I've heard so many personal accounts from people who've travelled far away to broaden their mind, then been assaulted and damaged forever. A dear friend is quite mad and his partner killed herself after their experience while travelling in a distant land on a shoestring. I've heard these kind of stories far too many times for it to be an unusual occurrence. The narrow escapes make funny stories. Like our friend who chased after some knife wielding robbers, asking for his books back so he could earn money teaching English. After a short chase and a lot of shouting they understood and grumpily pulled his books out of his rucksack and threw them towards him. It isn't so funny when you don't have a narrow escape.

You could travel all your life around this island and only see a small part of the local cultures. If you haven't been to Skegness you haven't lived.
Footwear appropriate for the climate.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Meh, you want the flood of refugees to stop, stop bombing their countries. Pretend that ain't true all day, there is no other reason at the base. All problems stem in the region from the decades of "Humanitarian interventions", which are a ruse designed to mislead people here. The proof is the streaming refugees of unjust wars throughout the region caused by the bombs, period.
Meh, UK planes are not bombing Syria, your nation's planes are though, go bleat to Washington not London.

You can believe whatever your government tells you, UK is a member of NATO, participated in every ME campaign to overthrow, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria, too.

Plus…

UK to begin bombing Syria
Meh, the UK governments blindly followed your bloodthirsty government into Iraq based on Bush telling a pack of lies about WMD's, far more blood on US hands.
Regarding Syria though, UK planes have not been involved, indeed our MP's are having a vote in Parliament on Wednesday to see if the UK will get involved. I'm hoping the vote is for my nation to stay out of it.

Regardless, and on topic, those men in Calais right now are in a safe EU nation, refusing to register and claim asylum to receive housing, welfare, and health care. It is their choice to live in a slum camp, and I couldn't give a toss if they get trench foot and freeze. Their choice, #ing idiots.

So while I do not support government attempts to get involved in Syria, I do support the government defending our border in France. It is lawful, and there is nothing any nation or international entity can do to force us to let them in from France.
That pleases me.

*Edit*
Oh, and for the record, I have contacted my member of Parliament and told him that if he votes for bombing Syria then he does not represent me. I also asked him to explain how 10 or so UK planes are even needed in an already crowded theatre of war dominated by the US and Russia. I have had no response yet, but I sure as hell will be calling him out on Twitter to declare how he voted this week, and why.

I protested in London before Iraq 1 & 2, Afghanistan, and Libya, I also wrote to my MP before each conflict to express my disagreement.
Aside from that there is pretty much # all I can do about it, so there is no blood on my hands fella, and I'm glad those men are unable to get into the UK from Calais.
Claim asylum in France or get trench foot and freeze, I don't care.
edit on 30.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Have you travelled on a shoestring?

Yes. Best way to travel. You can even stay safe. The world is not full of muggers and violence.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Kester
Have you travelled on a shoestring?

Yes. Best way to travel. You can even stay safe. The world is not full of muggers and violence.
Yeah same for me, good and bad folk all over.
...although I was nearly thrown to sharks by Myanmar fishermen, and close to being thrown off a moving 3rd class overnight train in Thailand one time at band camp lol. Stories for another thread perhaps.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Of course not. No one said it is. It only takes one mistake.

I've heard this so much, the idea that travelling will broaden your mind. Often the people suggesting this know nothing or next to nothing about the extraordinary history and variety of cultures within a couple of hundred miles.

What's your definition of shoestring travel? Sleeping bag, toothbrush and no money? Or money for fossil fuel transport? I've a feeling you haven't actually done travel on a shoestring.

edit on 30 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

Sorry, slipping off topic.
This is a muslim charity who go to Calais. These are the people who took 500 pairs of wellingtons, seen at 2:39.
I'd be interested to hear the reaction to the wellingtons. Since pointing out the wellington anomaly a photojournalism site has sought out and posted their few images of wellingtons, though some are obviously worn by aid workers.

This comment draws attention to another issue.
"Eighty five percent of Calais migrants are men and draw enormous sympathy from UK women like the editor of Positive News who would not really care if eighty five percent of the migrants were women. This would pose a threat to their sexual security. If the UK Government were to propose a women only migration policy involving an influx of one million women from Africa, Syria, Sudan etc the editor and many women in UK would be horrified at this threat to their status." positivenews.org.uk...

Given what is said by many of the aid workers who are helping the women, it's shocking that so few women's rights groups are attempting to help. Yesterday I saw a video showing two women at the back of a van smiling more and more as the disorderly crowd became more and more agitated. There is something very twisted about the behaviour of a proportion of the female volunteers who are desperate to get aid to the young men, but ignore the plight of the women. Imagine that in reverse? The cries of "Perverts!" would be deafening.

I was looking for a reference to a muslim women's rights group speaking up for their sisters. Strangely I've found nothing yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I couldn't see the video in the OP, it was taken down.

I think there is some difficulty for Islamic charities because they are easily suspected of giving to terrorists...

www.nytimes.com...

www.france24.com...

But in general, I know the groups who have attempted to bring stuff into these camps end up being assaulted, and the products they bring in get violently ransacked by those who have become the biggest gang powers within. They hoard it all .

I kinda of wonder what some of you think a woman's group, or any charity, could do about this problem?
Do you think crying out "pervert!" would change anything?

....and I had to Google Wellingtons to find out what those are. Rubber boots! I don't blame them if they don't want those- I refuse to wear them myself- hate the things. Even when I have to go out in the deep mud of the pasture, I prefer some regular boots to those weird rubber things. I guess that is a british fetish.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Oh, and for the record, I have contacted my member of Parliament and told him that if he votes for bombing Syria then he does not represent me.

Like they care.

But I Imagine all two planes is more keeping up appearances than actual participation. So you're anti war… so am I, whats the vitriol directed at my posts?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Wellington Boots played significant part when two Royal Marines used size 10 wellington boots to stop taliban terrorist who was planting a street bomb..
link
Maybe there is a rule against Wellingtons.

In the other hand, muslims also ban crocs and refuse rubber items because those imitates kuffar. Wellington as a name could be enough reason to avoid those.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Like they care.
My member of Parliament cares enough to defend his decision to vote for bombing in a robust exchange with me on Twitter. I've called him out that there is no military 'need' for the UK to join France, the US, and Russia with our few planes, no military need whatsoever. He even used the lame comparison that not bombing Syria is appeasement similar to the start of WWII.
It does not bother me if he doesn't care, I've argued my case on a public platform and other voters from my constituency are challenging him as well now.

The important thing is I've done everything I can, so if the UK starts bombing there is no blood on my hands.

But I Imagine all two planes is more keeping up appearances than actual participation.
Agreed, absolutely no military need, the US has enough killing machines without any minimal help from the UK.

So you're anti war… so am I, whats the vitriol directed at my posts?
Vitriol, really?
I took exception to your remark that the UK caused the damage in the ME so citizens such as myself somehow deserve the migrants who are currently camped in Calais refusing to register and claim asylum in France.
Nope, nothing to do with me, I didn't vote for any of the governments involved in such things over the last 20 years, and I've done everything in my power to protest and advocate against conflict.

You do this in loads of threads, but always fail to remind members that you are from the US, the most bloodthirsty warmongering nation in the world. The nation that lied to national governments about WMD's being ready in 45 minutes, remember that.

Now if you think my comments are vitriol then perhaps consider your bigoted comment in the last page where you used the term 'frogs' for French people.

We find agreement regarding war though so all good, but the biggest warmonger is the US, and you'd be best remembering that when you smugly criticise the UK as deserving refugees . Your nation deserves them far more than any other.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You can no more 'wash your hands" of UK involvement than I of my country, the United States.

Both our governments are in league with each other making war on many nations in a bid for world domination. You want exoneration, go to the middle east, try and convince them of your innocence. I'll go with you.

They'd BBQ us both.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You can no more 'wash your hands" of UK involvement than I of my country, the United States.
Yes I can, easily.
I have not contributed to any conflict in the world, indeed I resigned from the Royal Navy Reserve after Gulf War 1 because I considered it an illegal and immoral conflict.
I've protested in London against all major conflicts since, I've petitioned my elected representatives each time, and I did not vote for any UK government involved in war over the last 20 years.

Yes, morally and practically I can wash my hands of any personal responsibility.

I am currently in a bitter exchange with my MP on Twitter telling him he does not represent me if he votes for bombing in Parliament tomorrow. He will ignore my objections and the objections of everyone else who is saying the same. I did not vote for him in the election.

How the # exactly can you attribute any personal responsibility to me when he votes to bomb tomorrow?
#NotInMyName There is nothing more I can legally do to stop him casting that vote.
edit on 1.12.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

[Yes I can, easily.

Then you are a good Roman.
edit on 1-12-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Go on then, explain how you can attribute any personal responsibility to me for UK government actions tomorrow?
Cheap quips do not make mature debate. Come on, exactly how am I responsible after everything I stated in my last reply?

*Edit*
What more can I do legally?
About the only way I can see to stop my Member of Parliament voting to bomb Syria tomorrow is physically preventing him from getting on the train to London. That would just get me locked up of course, and he would still vote for bombing.
edit on 1.12.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join