It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a little bit of insight on a topic...sell it for $300 on udemy.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Udemy.com had a sale recently where it offered over 17,000 courses for $15. I was lucky enough to enroll in some of the courses at a great price. I'm thankful for that. But...

The first course I tried was astonishing. Over 95% of the content was literally the most basic factual information imaginable (freely available from multiple sources). There were some good (seemingly original) insights but if you took all of those insights from the "course", you wouldn't have enough content for a really good blog post. I'm not exaggerating. I've read lots of freely available blog posts on many topics with more detailed, original insights than what that "course" offered.

There's a 30 day money-back guarantee on the course and I'm not going to ask for a refund when I got such a huge discount. However, the course was barely worth $15, if it was at all. And yet somehow happy customers supposedly paid the nearly $300 price tag.

Is it unethical to put out a "course" like that and sell it for around $300? I suppose if you're offering a 30 day money-back guarantee, it isn't.

Anyway, if you've got a little bit of insight on a topic (and who doesn't)...sell it for $300 on udemy.com. Why not? It could be a fun hobby even if you don't get rich.

BTW, I ran across a udemy teacher who claims to have over a million dollars in sales on udemy. Getting rich is a possibility.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Why pay money when there are so many courses free from moocs and reputable university's everywhere on line

I have done a few, they are great and can be very in depth

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Coursera offers some incredible classes from big university sources. Some of the material is quite advanced and it's free. Worth a look.
edit on 11/29/15 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
wow very neet site.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
motherboard.vice.com...

I saw this article right after I read your thread. There's some interesting opinions and other educational sites are mentioned. I hope you find it interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Is it a 29 day course , money back cha ching.

top topics

join