It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible to upload any pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm trying to upload pictures and all i get is an empty box with an X button, i don't have any ad blocker or something like that but i keep getting the same alert every time, what's up? i wish i could show you the image, but as it happens, i can't because image upload doesn't work for me!

Also i forgot to say that every time i go to the "Recent" tab i get an ad that takes about half of the screen and just has a vertical ad at the left side and everything else is just a blank space. i would upload an image of this but then again i can't upload anything

edit on 29-11-2015 by Kaifan because: typos and more stuff

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaifan

Impossible for you may be but not for I.

I don't think you should go for that programmer's job after all!

Seriously, it is an easy enough task.

Go to the UPLOAD tab.

Towards top left of new window click upload. Then you "select files" by clicking the picture from pc.

Once selected click the little cloud upload button next to select files.

Job done!

Don't blame ATS for things going wrong if you follow that procedure. It will be a problem your end. Two minutes ago I uploaded two pictures and all was fine.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I believe there's a size limit, though I don't know what the cap is. Maybe try resizing the image file and attempt the upload again.

Hope that helps a bit!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I had trouble the other day with this. I used the search and did exactly what Revolution9 said, but it still didn't upload, I think because my picture was saved as a .png, not a .jpg, that was the problem. When I resaved it as a .jpg, it uploaded just fine how revolution 9 said in the above post. Maybe if its not saved as a .jpg try changing it? I could be wrong but that did the trick for me.

edit on 29-11-2015 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2015 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There's a size limit, jpeg has to be jpg, iPads and iPhones save as jpeg, or png . You need an image converter,
picture resizer.......

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why are people so lazy with their wording now? Seems dumb. Not impossible, just requires tinkering and not being lazy. Impossible is very specific. Not cuz you are lazy & can't figure it out.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

It shouldn't require tinkering. Shouldn't have to go into a separate app to change the image type.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

It's a dumb word. Complain all you want, but it does nothing to get the job done. No should in my vocab.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm assuming you know you have to save a picture to your device ie: save as-and upload from your device as jpg.... And not from some cool site or story?

Super simple, directions all over our site.... Size being the only real restriction

Good luck!

edit on 29-11-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've been having the same problem. While I was previously able to upload images with no issues, I am no longer able to. Haven't been active on ATS for about a year but I'm using the same iPhone I did last year and was able to upload images then. There have been some updates on the iPhone so I'm figuring that must be the issue. I'll have to try one of my old iphones and see if I'm able to upload from there.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2

I had trouble the other day with this. I used the search and did exactly what Revolution9 said, but it still didn't upload, I think because my picture was saved as a .png, not a .jpg, that was the problem. When I resaved it as a .jpg, it uploaded just fine how revolution 9 said in the above post. Maybe if its not saved as a .jpg try changing it? I could be wrong but that did the trick for me.
png files can be uploaded here, but png is the wrong type of format for pictures so the problem with png pictures isn't the png, it's the size limit. png for non-pictures works fine and the files are small. Proof: here's a png I uploaded here, but notice there's no picture, png works well for non-picture things like this, graphs, etc:

Kaifan and Jennyfrenzy, if your iphone saved the file as a jpeg, you don't need any converter to change it to jpg, all you have to do is re-name the file, change .jpeg to .jpg, they are two different extensions for the same type of file. The ATS upload feature apparently doesn't like the jpeg extension that Apple uses, because I get this error message when I try to upload an image with the jpeg extension:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
this has been really annoying me.

Why can they not just change it back to how it used to be, i used to use pics all the time now i can't because of this stupid change.

I dont understand it, there was nothing wrong with how the upload used to work until this format change came about.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How do you find the file? How do you rename the file? I've had my iPhone attached to my laptop and tried to find files and I haven't found a way to get into the files. I could find my way into my old Samsung but haven't been able to find any way to do the same thing with the iPhone. Apple wants all this stuff hidden from the user.

a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
My phone is android so no problems. I don't know of an easy way to do it with iphone but this workround sounds like it might work though I haven't tried it.

apple.stackexchange.com...

I just checked and it seems that Dropbox allows you to rename files. So if you have a file attachment in email you can save an "image" file in an email to Dropbox and once there you can rename it.

A bit of a kludge but Dropbox accounts are free...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I activated my old Dropbox account. It does save as .jpg but can't pick individual pics to upload to it. It wants to upload them all, and I'm rural so no wifi. It would likely be good if I could pick and choose but cellular data is too costly. I can't even get the iCloud working without the wifi.
Sigh. Oh well. Maybe the next version of ats will let us upload directly from either iPad or iPhone without going through another program

**just uploaded one to here directly from dropbox, but it doesn't show- probably too big a file.
Damn. Need to resize still.....

This isn't impossible, but it's a little complicated to just put up a pic.
edit on 30-11-2015 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

test

top topics

join