It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura: 1st Independent President Since Washington?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If Bernie, Trump, and Rand Paul don't receive the presidential nomination, who can the independent voter turn to? Judge Andrew Napolitano agrees that it may be time for me to accept my destiny and throw my hat into the ring! Not since George Washington have the American people elected a political independent. Isn't it time for a president that is free of the two gangs' bonds? Do you think I should run for President?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
No.

2nd

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Sorry. No.

On the bright side I would vote for you over Clinton.
edit on 28-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

No.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Didn't you and Trump discuss running as prez and vp for the Reform Party at one point? The only way you'd have a chance is if Trump falters and then backs you in the general, with funds and an endorsement, maybe with Sanders doing the same (except for the funding part - "I don't have a PAC, I don't even have a backpack, I carry my stuff under my arms like some kind of professor" paraphrasing or parapsychologizng Larry David as Sanders). Get them on your side and you'd either have a chance or a good story to tell the grandkids.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Idk Jesse, I was planning on voting for myself in one of those secret ballads I hope you dont tell though. Its no ones business who I vote for.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sure, I think Jesse would do better than Trump or Clinton......or any of the others claiming to be worthy to run this country....Go for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Nope No sir...we like having you around....
I'd vote for you....but you are too important to enter the cage. I can't come right out and say it.......they would have you go the way of the dodo bird

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You got the ego so there's that.

The votes are where you come up short.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I say go for it . If by some chance you got in , how cool would it be for me , as an Australian to be able to say . President Ventura , we go way back . I used to chat with Jesse on ATS .

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You might be able to shave 3%-4% from the Republican / Libertarian voters and ensure a Hillary victory.

I like you Jesse, I just don't think any Progressives would vote for you unless the Huffington Post or KOS told them to.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I probably would have voted for you before you started posting on ATS, but since then I realized how different we are in our basic belief systems. Just because someone is 'independent' doesn't mean they are someone I would vote for...see Bernie Sanders. Sanders was an 'independent' only because he is more left-wing than your average Democrat.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Do you think I should run for President?

I give Ventura a hard time, but I actually looked into his politics and agreed with a lot. Should he run? Sure, if he thinks he would be a good president. I don't think there's even the slightest chance of winning, but honestly the more people that get people talking and even considering that there is another option the better.

Americans don't even recognize that they have a choice and can vote outside of the two party system. I'm loathe to vote in a Democrat or Republican. They're both just terrible, and the people that get nominated are for a reason.

If it was Hillary, Trump and Ventura I would vote Ventura. I wouldn't particularly like it, but there you go. Ventura isn't a household name, it's pretty clear people are dumb enough to vote for a name they recognize, and vote for the party they align themselves with. Ventura is also incredibly easy to discredit. Is that fair when compared to Hillary and Trump, no, but he hasn't been playing the right games his entire life.

For the record I think Hillary is going to win if nominated against Trump, and the only real candidate I like is Sanders. I HATE to say that too, but I like Sanders. I thought a vote for Ron Paul was retarded, but I like Sanders, just hate bandwagoning.

Ventura, if you're listening, run, make a splash and remind people there are other options. Don't for a second think you'll be an actual contender though. Put your money where your mouth is, fight for change even if you know you can't win, you CAN upset the nonsense and play the long game that in the end benefits the American people. Be a patriot. Sacrifice some ego for the greater good of this country, enter, go on the offensive, blast the crap out of the candidates, remind people there are other choices. You might just wind up being remembered as a hero that turned the tide of American politics. You want a legacy? That's better than being the president.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I'd vote for you over Trump or Sanders any day. And I doubt Paul will earn the nomination. All the other candidates are the SOS.

Go for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would like to see a President Ventura. As he is right now on ATS. Transparency and tell it like it is. "No holds barred" .

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I would like to see a President Ventura. As he is right now on ATS. Transparency and tell it like it is. "No holds barred" .
....Hey Jesse, I agree with Gothmog....you'd pull the votes once you got in and up and runnin......ignore the naysayers spouting vote potential......you have whatever it is that makes greatness. I see that plain as day.
edit on 29-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

It wouldn't be hard to earn my vote.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

YES. Go for it, Jesse!

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Idk Jesse, I was planning on voting for myself in one of those secret ballads

Hey, share the ballad!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The question is:

"WHY?"

What is Mr. Venturas program? What are his intentions? Where would he differ from other candidates?

Does it matter if he asks around on a website known for lunatical tendencies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join