It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Blue Behind The Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

and here is venus

no where close to the Moon

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm at a friends house all I have is my Lumia phone. I has a very good camera but even after messing with all the settings the best pic I could get is of the moon with a perfect very thin blue halo around the whole moon. Sorry guys the anomaly is almost completely see through and I'm not sure any camera could pic it up, but it's 100% there. All 3 friends of mine here can see it as well

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

thanks for trying, at least now i don't feel like a nutter.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
No problem. I look at the moon all the time and its a perfect night tonight for looking. I've never seen anything like it before so thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20086254]772STi...dude FAA manager...I have a hundred questions for ya!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

thanks for trying, at least now i don't feel like a nutter.

Whatever "it" is, it's staying with the moon. If it's an actual second object it is traveling with the moon.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Pm me.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: charlyv

Did you possibly witness Venus?

Tomorrow before dawn – November 29, 2015 – it’ll be hard to miss the planets Venus and Jupiter blazing away in the sky before sunrise

earthsky

In the timeframe of this in North America, Venus is below the horizon until it rises very early in the Morning.

I don't have any details to work with
AKA time, location. etc..

Yea, depends where you live, however since it is inside the orbit of the Earth, it (Venus) is always fairly close to the Sun, so it is seen only near sunrises and sunsets (unless you live in the antarctic or the North Pole !)
I can't even begin to start on how incorrect this is. I'll try with this -
. O o
. = venus, O = sun, o = earth. From this simple script you can see sometimes the Sun is closer to Earth than Venus due to celestial orbit.

Not incorrect at all. This is in a visual sense, not physical.
Basic astronomy.
You will see Venus only near sunsets and sunrise. The whole system, whether venus is on either side of the Sun, is inside the Earth's orbit. Depending upon where Venus is , it will either be setting before the Sun or After it, or rising before the Sun or after it.. or not at all as it is behind or in front of the Sun. .. but never all night. You may be able to see it in daylight, but very rarely.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Damned, Boston is socked in. Would really like to see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

just came in and it's just the same, the moon is just about straight up above the house now or at 12 o clock.
i've also been doing a little searching on the webs, and can't find any reports of anything like it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20086051]hounddoghowlie ...your reply to logman....understand he is unencumbered by the thought process.....

edit on 29-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Since there are multiple witnesses, a report to local observatory would be in order. Who knows, one other reason for a part of an orb or dome near the edge of the moon is a meteor hit ejecta. Far out but certainly one that is in the realm of explain-ability.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Rama . But which one ? 1st , 2nd , or 3rd time? Ready to rendezvous ?

And on far-off Earth, Dr. Carlisle Perera had as yet told no one how he had wakened from a restless sleep with the message from his subconscious still echoing in his brain: The Ramans do everything in threes

edit on 29-11-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20086299]charlyv...yes....good thinking man,

that's the best scientific explanation......

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Did you possibly witness Venus?

Tomorrow before dawn – November 29, 2015 – it’ll be hard to miss the planets Venus and Jupiter blazing away in the sky before sunrise

earthsky

In the timeframe of this in North America, Venus is below the horizon until it rises very early in the Morning.

I don't have any details to work with
AKA time, location. etc..

Yea, depends where you live, however since it is inside the orbit of the Earth, it (Venus) is always fairly close to the Sun, so it is seen only near sunrises and sunsets (unless you live in the antarctic or the North Pole !)
I can't even begin to start on how incorrect this is. I'll try with this -
. O o
. = venus, O = sun, o = earth. From this simple script you can see sometimes the Sun is closer to Earth than Venus due to celestial orbit.

Not incorrect at all. This is in a visual sense, not physical.
Basic astronomy.
You will see Venus only near sunsets and sunrise. The whole system, whether venus is on either side of the Sun, is inside the Earth's orbit. Depending upon where Venus is , it will either be setting before the Sun or After it, or rising before the Sun or after it.. or not at all as it is behind or in front of the Sun. .. but never all night. You may be able to see it in daylight, but very rarely.

Aren't we talking about a visual phenomena right now? Also How is it that living fairly close to the equator I can sometimes see Venus at 2am when you claim I can only see it near sun-up/sun-down times? And as you stated, sometimes in daytime.

The whole rising before the sun or after it...that goes for literally every single thing in the sky, you do know that right?

Your original idea of Venus' visibility only at sunset/sunrise is incorrect.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

and here is venus

no where close to the Moon

No clue then, I can't find anything anomalously large enough to be visible at the moment. Maybe it's atmospheric distortion? Without seeing what you are seeing it's hard to identify.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Venus brightest object in the east before sunrise. Here’s a very fun observation to make this month: Venus before dawn. Venus is the brightest planet and third-brightest sky object overall, after the sun and moon. When it’s visible, it’s very, very prominent in our sky. So step outside some early morning, and look east. You’ll surely see Venus shining there.

What’s more, this dazzling world will enable you to locate the fainter yet relatively nearby planets Mars and Jupiter in the morning sky. Be sure to use the waning crescent moon to locate Venus (plus Mars and Jupiter) in the morning sky for several days, centered on Saturday, November 7.

You won’t want to miss Venus and the early morning planets, which glorify the predawn darkness all month long. On Tuesday, November 3, Venus and Mars stage their closest conjunction until October 5, 2017. Throughout November, watch Jupiter and Mars climb higher above Venus in the November morning sky, and for Jupiter to pair up with the bright star Spica on and around November 29.

November 2015 guide to the five visible planets

Depending on the time of year, if you go outside on a clear night after sunset or morning just before sunrise you will see what looks like a very bright star. It will appear to be brighter than any other star in the sky. That star is the planet Venus. Venus is the brightest object in the sky, other than the moon and the sun of course.
The Planet Venus

can we drop venus now. it's not venus

edit on 29-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No its not.
Ask any other astronomer.
Sure it is possible to see it at 2AM, if the sun rises at 5AM. You will not see it before that.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Okay, that looks like it's straight out of my favorite PS2 game, Dark Cloud 2

It's a game set in the past where two moons illuminate the sky--but one of the moons (the blue one) is actually the Star of Oblivion and the evil dude in the game is using time magic to make it fall to the earth in order to destroy all of humanity. It's a good game.

Read the link--it talks about the relation of the two moon thing in the game to reality. Dunno if it's legit, but--sure is interesting!
haha

~> le link

So after this moralistic tale on right to life, what are we left with? Just one moon; the Yellow Moon that bears a striking resemblance to Earth's. Max and Monica ponder if, in a new era bathed in the light of a single moon, people will ever believe there were once two moons in the sky. But, Max laments, if people are anything like Sirus, sometimes we forget to take the special memories back out of our hearts again. And, like those things, too, their adventure may end up scattered upon the sands of time. If we turn to the prologue of Dark Cloud, the book found in ruins, we may have our answer. Its pages are dismissed as the fantasies of a young boy and adventures that never happened, and a fantastic world with two moons illuminating the sky. Given that the story is dismissed as a fairy tale, due to its elements and the mention of two moons, one can assume that the world in which it was found, the "new era" Max and Monica discuss at the end of Dark Cloud 2, is accustomed to just one moon. It's not too much of a stretch to believe that this world could very well be Earth, and given that the tale of Dark Cloud never really happened due to Seda, Toan and friends' efforts--why couldn't this book, of a fantastic yet real past, be found on Earth? And if Max's lament of his adventure being forgotten is true, especially if because it too involves wondrous adventures under those two moons, why couldn't this episode of the past have been dismissed as myth. Again, to use a real world parallel, Heinrich Schliemann, re-discoverer of the Mykenaean civilization of Homer, did so by believing the literal truth of an old book from a mythical past (Homer's Illiad), that was coincidentally passed down orally in peoples' hearts before being committed to print. Max, after his mother's departure, writes a letter of the adventure, another link to the true, forgotten past like Toan's book. As to whether or not, like Toan's tale, it was truly "real", Borneo mentions that the whole journey was like some kind of dream... "Castles in the air, moons becoming one..." Maybe already people have begun to forget the truth, or perhaps the dream-like nature was because the events, like Toan's journey, never truly happened in the one, true timeline. Erik agrees with "Yeah, just like a dream." And to top it all off, Cedric says "Yer right. Yer journey WAS just a dream. There has always been just one moon. All of this may just have been a long, long dream, shown to us humans by the ancients to warn us." A dream, then? Shown by the ancients? In short, perhaps the tales of Dark Cloud are little more than just dreams or alternate realities, warnings from the Ancient Ones to value life. Seda turned his heart to darkness in his quest for victory against The West, corrupting himself and destroying the world. But in the end it never happened. Sirus, a descendant of the Ancient Ones sought to teach humans the price of their destruction through the Star of Oblivion. This, too, as seen above, may never have happened. But it may well have in some other reality or dream-state, so that the lessons of hatred and revenge survived, even if the original stories were dismissed as fairy tales or forgotten. Take from this what you will, and maybe this is reading into the games too much, but if these events never actually took place, and there has only ever been one moon, it might not be too much of a stretch to believe that the world of Dark Cloud is, in fact, Earth. As Max says: "[People of the future will forget] the fact that I was here... And also, that, long ago, two moons shined down from the starry sky."

for reading into stupid games too much xD woo yay for Saturday night
edit on 29-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20086353]Vector99....thanks for that info.....you can see the moon huh!!!!

Texas socked in good!

edit on 29-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join