It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of thieves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Thats a her problem,not the op problem.
If he wants to solve the problem...there is the answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Cross a poodle with a pit bull terrier,we can call it a terradoodle.... Allergy problem solved and one sexy guard dog

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You need to learn the use of force laws in your state.

In Michigan there is a presumption that anyone who uses deadly force has an honest and reasonable belief that imminent death of, sexual assault of, or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another individual will occur.

As long as "the individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used is in the process of breaking and entering a dwelling or business premises or committing home invasion or has broken and entered a dwelling or business premises or committed home invasion and is still present in the dwelling or business premises, or is unlawfully attempting to remove another individual from a dwelling, business premises, or occupied vehicle against his or her will."

Take a page from the police's play book. If someone breaks into your home it is because they are there to kill you and rape your grandma. If that is the only reason why you believe someone would break into your home than you can legally kill them.

Cops know how to get around the law so maybe you should too, just keep in mind that the ONLY reason why you can use deadly force is if you have an imminent fear of death.

Police can't aim for a leg or a hand when shooting someone, because if you shot someone in the hand then you weren't in fear of losing your life and deadly force wasn't justified. And shooting someone with your gun is always considered deadly force.

The legal system isn't really about justice or an arbitration of what is moral, it's a game that lawyers play. The point of the game (like most games) is to win.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Few things are better than motion-sensor lights on every side of your house and structures. Think of a do-it-yourself style of wiring installation that will suit your basic needs without resulting to the strict rules of the building code.

In addition, there are so-called "driveway" sensors that will trigger a wireless interior alarm. Harbor Freight has them for less than twenty bucks and they are terrific. Post serious signs about trespassing. And I would get a real dog anyway. What is more important, the life of the relative or her allergy?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Put an alarm, you can get one with multiple sensors for like 200$

cops don't even come out for home alarms any more

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
IMO, the threat of the loss of ones life is justifiable in a home invasion. I have taken several handgun training courses and the unofficial word is a dead intruder really can't change the circumstances of a situation. I will shoot to kill, not main!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

go to Les Gold's pawn and get a knife

Security cameras, receipts, eye witness to him buying the knife, etc.....

That's what the shooting instructor for my pistol permit said to do...

I'd be looking for a smarter instructor. That one is going to get you a nice long stay in prison.
edit on 29-11-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
An alarm and video cams sound good. Would love to see you catch those criminals and get them locked up!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Yep - desperate people will do desperate things. I am certain that were you in the same situation (physical, emotional) you would do the same.

Get a big dog.

Desperate people get help for themselves, not frighten the hell out of Grandma and whoever lives there.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

And when no help is available - as is often the case today???

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yeah I can't do something like that. As much as I despise the crooks I'm not messing with the law.

[spoken quietly] excellent answer, I'll never mention it again.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
a reply to: schuyler I've lived in the area for 40 years I can't afford to pick up and leave.

Then it isn't bad enough for you to make that decision. Longevity in an area is basically irrelevant. If you won't move because of THAT, then obviously longevity is more important to you than the safety of you and your family. You won't get a dog because your grandmother is allergic. Another solution offered. Another solution rejected. Pay attention to what people are saying here.

What's it going to take for you to finally move? Another robbery? Someone getting injure or killed? The solution is obvious. You're just not there yet. So here's the deal: YOU are the one who asked for help. Everything anyone has posted here is a valid idea. Either stop rejecting every solution people are presenting to you, or stop wasting our time.
edit on 11/29/2015 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am always sticking up for our hungry and homeless and donate and what-not. I have also had a home broken into more than once many years ago and know what that feels like. You feel violated and afraid in your own home.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Unfortunately I can't shoot them unless my life is in danger.

Rest assured that if someone breaks into your house, your life IS in danger.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

Unfortunately I can't shoot them unless my life is in danger.

Rest assured that if someone breaks into your house, your life IS in danger.

Not according to law, if you are able to retreat you are not in danger. Meaning locking your bedroom door to call 911.

In my state you can only use as much force as they can possibly do to you. So if they have a knife I can only use up to a knife, if they only have their fists you cannot even use a knife only your hands to fight them off.

It's nice to read the laws of your states before assuming before acting.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I am always sticking up for our hungry and homeless and donate and what-not. I have also had a home broken into more than once many years ago and know what that feels like. You feel violated and afraid in your own home.
Yeah I like to help the homeless also. When I see them on the corner I like to give them smokes or money. My cousin likes to buy them socks. He don't like to give money because he don't want them using it for drugs. Most homeless people aren't breaking into peoples homes. In my area there are large amounts of degenerates that would rather sell drugs rob people and steal then work. I don't know if you've seen the movie 8 mile but I live a block away from the trailer park where it was filmed. This area wasn't that bad until 2008. After the housing market crashed Detroiters fled the city and move out here. Some good people came but so did the criminals. Crime in my area has increased 10 fold since 2008.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

The homeless around here usually remain hidden and out of sight. You see them once in a while though. They have never broken into people's homes. It is so sad and scary that your area has changed like that. My husband and I are in a safe area, but might have to move this year and I worry about where we might end up.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So uh....I guess the old "getting to know your neighbors and be cool" is a stretch here?

I've lived in some mean neighborhoods, tough towns and all....and you'd be surprised how getting the whole "howdy neighbor" support groups together seems to work wonders. It might take a bit of cultural finesse, and patience...but once you're in with enough people, they'll spread the word not to break into your house because you're like Extended Family after a while.

You don't even have to get ubercozy...just on the level.

Smile, respect, be kind but not nosy.

It's weird but it works.

Good folks get tired of thuggies themselves.

We keep a tight knit group around here...some things still breeze in from time to time, but the general rule of thumb is don't mess with their business and they won't mess with yours.

It's weird...but it works.

edit on 11/30/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join