It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I was doing two things: demonstrating that the emperor has no clothes( Trump types) and the hypocrisy of the right-wing

You just compared yourself Trump earlier in that you behave the same way.

I don't see how your comment makes any sense in regards to the politics you are pedalling.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some here make the point that the accusations against PP were false therefore it might be that those who were slamming them with false propaganda may be somewhat responsible for the poisonous atmosphere that led to this, maybe.

It’s a reasonable but nuanced position.

We are in a polarized society and all sides criticize all the way to demonize each other.

When ones side does a crime we should all condemn it

But when one lies, exaggerates and then demonize its problematic

That’s why it’s important to have the facts when one makes accusations or demonizes someone

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Guess I am the only one who remembers the Brown shooting, and 'eyewitness' accounts none of which turned out to be true.

Hell not when there is a political agenda to push.

Of course we remember. I have yet to see anyone say anything that speaks in absolutes.

Like I said earlier, the Right is scared and is lashing-out already simply because people are speculating that this man may be a Right Wing, anti-abortion fanatic. We're not saying he is, but he may be.

Are you open to that possibility?
edit on 29-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The only people scared here are those pushing the shooter as a right winger terrorist so they can push draconianism.

I guess the left learned a thing or two from Bush with the Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only people scared here are those pushing the shooter as a right winger terrorist so they can push draconianism.

Can you provide some evidence to suggest such a thing? What draconianism is being pushed?

What has the Left done since this shooting to make you say such a thing?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

edit on 11/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli

originally posted by: Willtell

I was doing two things: demonstrating that the emperor has no clothes( Trump types) and the hypocrisy of the right-wing

You just compared yourself Trump earlier in that you behave the same way.

I don't see how your comment makes any sense in regards to the politics you are pedalling.

-FBB

I often self inspect and criticize myself and even my side of the philosophical polarity.

Just read my posts

Trump and the like NEVER do that

A person or side of the fence that doesn’t do that is dangerous, imo.

Self examination can save one from self righteousness

If one like Trump never apologizes, indulges in massive self-deception that imo is a attribute often of the right-wing, and that is dangerous.

btw, I’m not peddling, I’m anti-peddling

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Draconianism? not necessarily

Maybe just right thinkingism!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

*For storage and for timelier procedures in order to preserve as much viable tissue as possible. The tissue was donated for research.

Borrow from mark to pay Paul, I don't think you outlining that the payment was for storage and timelier procedures for donating the remains to research is going to make any impact on how the groups opposing the procedure view the matter.

The same sort of argument comes up when folks talk about slavery, did the south want to keep slavery legal to keep their costs down (and bottom line in the black) or because they were white supremacists?

Your argument over that detail does more to reinforce your own perception than to relate it to how other groups might see it.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Yes of course people were opposed to abortion in general before the videos but what people were outraged about with the videos was the notion that anyone was profiting from baby parts, it added a layer of pure evil to something already perceived as a sin.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

edit on 11/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

REMINDER...

Trump, slavery and other members are NOT the topic....Please stay on topic or face post removals.

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You provided a link to a study comparing radical islam to right-wing terrorism as proof that liberal radicalism is not as dangerous as either of the others . . . .

I can go find a study that says tomatoes are more racist than oranges, but that study wont have any impact on the issue of whether oranges are more racist than potatoes. Do you see the problem with your source?

Further that source identified several people (ie: Loughner) as right-wingers when actually looking at what was reported about the guy would make you question whether the guy actually had anything to do with the the undefined 'right-wing' or if the kid was even sane.

There are other problems with using the SPLC data (which is often cited by the FBI/DOJ) as actual unbiased data.

Earlier I provided several examples of murderers who expressed both 'right-wing' and 'liberal' justifications for their actions, but the SPLC lists them as 'right-wingers.'

-FBB

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Generally I am just trying to point out how little anyone here is trying to see the "other side's" point of view. People are latching on to their favourite propaganda and using it to justify denouncing any and everything.

Hardly anyone is looking for actual facts and the speculation without verification is how backlash happens.

For example the video people are talking about, some people are looking at what the video says while others are looking at what was going on around the video and if the claims have any truth to them. Then those same people who claim zero truth do not acknowledge that their justification that the claims of the video are entirely false could still be viewed by the other group as true even with the given facts.

Does that help you out?

-FBB

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The GOP Ignores the Bigger Terror Threat—from the Right

We hear non-stop whining from the right about why won’t President Obama use the term “radical Islam”? Well, I have a question for Trump, Cruz, and Rubio: Why are you afraid to use the term “radical conservative” and address the threat posed to Americans from the right?

LINK

Two white supremacist were arrested just two weeks ago for plotting a terrorist attack to bomb black churches and synagogues in Virginia

2. Glendon Scott Crawford, a self-professed Klan member, was convicted in August for plotting a terrorist attack involving a weapon of mass destruction that would emit radiation in lethal doses. Crawford, who will be sentenced next month to 25 years to life, was planning to slaughter Muslim Americans in upstate New York.

Craig Tanber, a white supremacist was arrested in September in the murder of Iranian-American Shayan Mazroei in California. Tanber’s girlfriend had reportedly called Mazroei a “terrorist” and said “#ing Iranians” before her boyfriend stabbed the 22-year-old Iranian American to death outside a pub in Irvine, California.

The criminal trial of Robert Doggart, a Christian minister, will begin in Tennessee next January in connection with his plans to slaughter Muslim Americans in New York.

We have a very serious right-wing terror problem in America. Its a fact...a reality

From LEGAL abortion providers. Legal immigrants, minorities and many others are in danger

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

As for the second 'terrorist' on that list it seems the FBI really hatched the plot.
The FBI's Fake KKK Death Ray Attack on Andrew Cuomo, Debunked

The rest I say good, I am glad they were stopped. Plotting violence is a terrible thing and several of these folks were plotting robberies to fund their ideology.

But how do you define 'right-wing?' If you look at the motivations and personal practices (beliefs) of these folks you can find strains here and there but it does not appear to be cohesive outside of poor racist felons. Xenophobia does not work alone, racism does not work alone, gun rights does not work alone and in some cases all three together do not work. Religion certainly does not apply to the cases you provided.

So how are you defining 'right-wing,' is it just anyone who commits a violent act?

-FBB
edit on 29-11-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

//edit
To emphasize you point about the extreme threat of terrorism maybe you could relate it to gun violence and planned parenthood?
American deaths in terrorism vs. gun violence in one graph (cnn)

Using numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we found that from 2001 to 2013, 406,496 people died by firearms on U.S. soil. (2013 is the most recent year CDC data for deaths by firearms is available.) This data covered all manners of death, including homicide, accident and suicide.

According to the U.S. State Department, the number of U.S. citizens killed overseas as a result of incidents of terrorism from 2001 to 2013 was 350.

In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the U.S. and found that between 2001 and 2013, there were 3,030 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism.* This brings the total to 3,380.

//edit
edit on 29-11-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 102

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I said Natural Law, not man's law. Under Natural Law, Man's law is obsolete and means nothing. There is a difference between the two.

Judge Napolitano on Natural Law

Natural Law is the greatest secret kept hidden in the highest order in freemasonry. Where you are also granted the word of all power, NO. You have the right to say NO, to anyone or anything.

By knowing the law, you are able to say NO. The lost word of all power.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

ya.. because fox news is so much better....

one the link I posted in the post you replied to wasn't working, and it was nbc...
but is since you doubt my source, well....

the victims...

Jennifer Markovsky was shot and killed when a gunman opened fire at a Planned Parenthood building on Friday.

www.kktv.com...

she was the mother of a son and a daughter. the washington post also said that the was at the planned parenthood clinic to support a friend. unfortunately that link didn't work for some reason.

11 News has confirmed with family members that Ke'Arre M. Stewart was one of the three people killed in the shootings near the Planned Parenthood building in Colorado Springs on Friday.

www.kktv.com...

An Iraq war veteran and father...

and then there's the police officer....

Family and friends gathered today to remember one of the victims of the shooting. Garrett Swasey was a six year veteran of the UCCS police force.

www.kktv.com...

Church elder/part time pastor, father of two....

These are all links from local news sources which I consider to be more reliable than CNN, or Fox News...since it's kind of hard to lie to the people close to where the news is happening without the people who know better speaking up and debunking your story.

Using your logic, well, we might as well just forget about any news and rely on our own observations and experiences, since anything else is really just hearsay!!! Heck, there isn't any terrorists in my world, be they islamic, right wing radicals, crazies, or anything else. unless of course, you are talking about the mass murderers driving down the highway leaving deer corpses along the roadside....then well ya, guess they are terrorizing the crap out of the poor deer.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well here is some more info on the shooter from the NYTimes:

Robert Dear, Suspect in Colorado Killings, ‘Preferred to Be Left Alone’

"He was an independent art dealer with a degree in public administration from a Midwestern college, she said, who struck deals with artists, mostly Southern ones, who painted Charleston, S.C., street scenes, Old South plantation tableaus, magnolias and pictures of the Citadel campus. He tended to buy the rights to paintings, commission 1,000 or so prints, then market and sell the prints and keep the proceeds. "He was born in Charleston and grew up in Louisville, Ky., but he had strong ties to South Carolina.

His father was a graduate of the Citadel, Charleston's famous public military college. Robert Lewis Dear Sr., the father, died in 2004. He was a Navy veteran who served in World War II and worked 40 years for the Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company. ... "He was generally conservative, but not obsessed with politics.

He kept guns around the house for personal protection and hunting, and he taught their son to hunt doves, as many Southern fathers do. He believed that abortion was wrong, but it was not something that he spoke about much. 'It was never really a topic of discussion,' she said."

Hopefully the upcoming police reports will flesh out the rest of the story.

Interesting that he was an art dealer though . . . and raised a Baptist.

//edit
Also his cabin in the woods is described by neighbours as a community of those 'environmental types.'

The guy has a long history of people fearing violence from him and reports of violence against animals (already known by many here).

and this is pretty strange

He seemed to have a separate life online. An online personals ad seeking women in North Carolina interested in bondage and sadomasochistic sex showed a picture that appeared to be Mr. Dear and used an online pseudonym associated with him. The same user also appeared to have turned to online message boards to seek companions in the Asheville area with whom he could smoke marijuana.

On Cannabis.com, the writer said in December 2005: “AIDS, hurricanes, we are in the end times. Accept the LORD JESUS while you can.”

//edit

-FBB
edit on 29-11-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

gee you plan on filing your tax returns the beginning of the year?? why, if those laws are so obsolete, shouldn't matter if you do or don't right? If you found a couple of your neighbor's kids outside one morning slicing up your tires, would you call the police or would you just wait around for those natural laws to get around to providing you with the justice you deserved?

no, man's laws are not obsolete, or without meaning. not unless you desire to do without the comforts, the securities, the perks of living in a society. but, you are right about the word no. most people would do better if they learned how to say it more often. after all, many times we lose quite a bit when we say yes, don't we? we say yes to the employer's offer and we lost 40+ hours of our time in exchange for what would really be pretty much worthless pieces of paper if we all decided to say no to the idea that that paper actually held value. we say yes to marriage vows and end up losing our freedom to life our lives the way we wish, to leave our clothes wherever we wish, to spend our money as we wish, and so much more.....all for the comfort and companionship of someone we feel love for and loved by. we say yes everytime we stop at a stop light, in exchange for having a safe and efficient method of travel, but, well, dang if they aren't just a tad bit irritating if we are running late.

tell ya what, I will agree that a discussion of natural law is relavent to the topic on hand when I see natural law kick into effect and provide justice to bush, cheney, and the other neocons that led us into a war that cost so many lives.....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join