It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: HighFive

Here's how to buy a gun without a background check- ( I'm surprised I have to spell it out to all these knowledgeable gun owners) Go to Armslist.com find a private seller, Buy your neighbor's gun ( private seller) Receive a gun as a gift

Well there ya go,, gun control does not work.. of course all that is illegal , but it still does not work, gun control still kills in the long run..

Please read the source I provided

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Wow i never knew that, people love to compare guns which are only built to kill to tools that can be used to kill.

Its funny in canada we are 7th in the world with guns per capita and guess what we dont kill each other.

More excuses plz.

Except for Moncton. (Mass shooting)

And Mayerthorpe. (Mass shooting)

Parliament Hill. (Mass shooting)

Two of the three Canadian law enforcement officers that were killed in 2015 died by gunfire.

So...guess Canadians do in fact kill each other. And do so with guns.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Why not be armed? Are the bad of the world who have premeditated plans (with weapons) to do harm or kill, concerned with 'gun free zones'?

I would rather be with 1 CC individual than trapped in a building with 20 gangbangers with assault weapons....

Go on, drink your Late and eat your muffin.....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
a reply to: wildb

there are depending on the state, if you openly admit its intended use as other than a tool then its considered a weapon

I hear that, strap a machete on your hip see how far you get. Weapons laws are stupid..I posted about this on another thread..
back when was younger i carried a long knife i had the cops called on me alot i was even arrested and had pictures taken of my knife, they let me go saying i didn't do anything wrong. mind you this was well over 15 years ago. if im wrong in what i said correct me i should catch up on new laws especially for OR and NV

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: madenusa

4 million AR's, got to be more that that..
www.fas.org... for 2009 with our commander chief we have now its got to be higher......

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Sublimecraft No answer?

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And so, if doing something about "easy accessibility" involved mental health screenings, you'd be okay with that?

What the answer is is unclear. What is clear is that we have a problem.

Apologies - it's Sunday BBQ time and I posted and got pre-occupied. Anyway, I am in agreement with your comment inasfar that a rigorous screening process needs to be implemented nation wide, not just in certain states.

Again, in my opinion, psychotropics and socio-economic disparity are a leading contributor of these unfortunate events, whether it be a mentally unstable white male or a suburban gang-banger hell bent on drug related retribution.

In any case, the gun is the final solution in the mentality of the individual who wishes to cause harm to another human.

The human is the issue, the gun is simply an inanimate object..........and if I may draw an analogy, religion is just an idea.

Add to either (gun / religion) a mentally unstable human, and death is a possible outcome.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Why not be armed? Are the bad of the world who have premeditated plans (with weapons) to do harm or kill, concerned with 'gun free zones'?

I would rather be with 1 CC individual than trapped in a building with 20 gangbangers with assault weapons....

Go on, drink your Late and eat your muffin.....

Why would anybody want to be trapped in a building with 20 gangbangers who all have assault rifles?

What a silly analogy.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

At the least, Sublime, as always; you allow us to colaborate & discuss & learn. Hats off Sir!!!

link   

Where has Obama ever said he wants to take away guns from people?
He is for stricter gun control on how easy it is to obtain a weapon, not taking away weapons.
When you have a nation where it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license something is wrong.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why would anybody want to be trapped in a building with 20 gangbangers who all have assault rifles? What a silly analogy.

I was wondering that as well..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Oh # you found 4 examples in how many years, great job lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Ok, 20 Isis, 20 extremists... seriously? You call it... 20 , , , , insert bad guy/gal here..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

He is for stricter gun control on how easy it is to obtain a weapon, not taking away weapons.
When you have a nation where it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license something is wrong.

If your a law abiding citizen it's a pain, if your a bad guy it's easy.. thats why gun control does not work, it kills instead, why do I say that..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Does matter. Just because you say so doesn't mean it's true.

The context we're talking about is regulation.
Knives prepare meals. Cut twine. Maybe even carve wood if you have that kind of hobby. They can stab things, too, but that's not their primary purpose. Frying pans can be used as instruments of blunt trauma. That's not their primary purpose.

Guns shoot things. That's all they do. That's all they are intended to do. I am not saying farmers shouldn't have them. I'm saying pointing to knives when speaking about gun control is ridiculous. Gun control is gun control, not knife control.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Ok, 20 Isis, 20 extremists... seriously? You call it... 20 , , , , insert bad guy/gal here..

And again, silly analogy.

I would rather be with nearly anybody than 20 "insert bad guys here" so...

Yea.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I saw black lives matter go crazy on some students too. Guns and free speech rights being abused, so he must be calling on them both to be taken away right?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did blm do you wrong, cause your off topic.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Oh # you found 4 examples in how many years, great job lol.

Well all of those were from 2014 or 2015. So...two. Except Mayerthorpe.

You said Canadians don't kill each other. Silly comment to make when it's wildly inaccurate.
edit on 28-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oh really, more excuses plz.

So 2 in 1 year, and thats all you got.

Fail
edit on 28-11-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

If your a law abiding citizen it's a pain, if your a bad guy it's easy.. thats why gun control does not work, it kills instead, why do I say that..

Many 'law' abiding citizens get behind a wheel of a vehicle while intoxicated from alcohol, lack of sleep, over use of prescription drugs, etc. many law abiding citizens also think by them keeping a gun under their pillow, or in their bed side table, or what have you, loaded as well, keeps them safe.
Can you see what I am getting at here?
Criminals obtain guns to protect their interests, intimidate, kill others.
While, sure, yes some law abiding citizens lock away, keep the bolt, or bullets separate from the body of their weapon, statistics and the law the probability proves that it only takes a few dumb gun owners to keep a loaded gun in the dumbest of places.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join