It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I borrowed my neighbors gun to try to cut my turkey, to hammer some nails, and to drive me to the store, didint do a good job of it.

Say word.

link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Reagan
Carter
Ford
Bush Jr

thats 4 worst than obama just off the top of my head.

I laugh. We're comparing poo and arguing which smells worse.

link   

originally posted by: malevolent

originally posted by: wildb

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: ketsuko

Even if you're being sarcastic, knives and guns are not the same thing. Knives are not exclusively a weapon.

Really, if I took a knife and sliced open your gut to spill your guts on your shoes for you to see just before you die, is it not a weapon..
though thats true it is usually considered a tool it becomes a weapon when you use it as such

So does a hammer, there are laws about carrying knives so it is a weapon in some states..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not really, obama is not even close to behing the worst president ever.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I borrowed my neighbors gun to try to cut my turkey, to hammer some nails, and to drive me to the store, didn't do a good job of it.
I have watched my guns for a long long time. i have never once seen one of them jump up and kill someone all by it's self. it must require something else for it to work like that.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Rezlooper

Clearly you have not served your county, or your residing community....

And why is that? Because I'm questioning who local police are preparing for war against. We have the best military in the world, backed up by ready-to-go national guardsmen, to protect us from any outside force. So, why does a local police force need a tank?

link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

i think you got what i meant, just because some items aren't categorized as a weapon does not mean they could be used as one however not as efficiently as a gun though

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: HighFive

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online or to their neighbor and buy a gun without a BC.

And have the gun sent to an FFL where his NICS check will get denied.

Where do you come up with this crap?

Do you think you're winning the argument by just blurting out I'm wrong? Is your Google down? Source?

Here's how to buy a gun without a background check- ( I'm surprised I have to spell it out to all these knowledgeable gun owners)

Go to Armslist.com find a private seller,
Buy your neighbor's gun ( private seller)
Receive a gun as a gift

its shockingly easy to buy a gun without a background check

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft No answer?

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And so, if doing something about "easy accessibility" involved mental health screenings, you'd be okay with that?

What the answer is is unclear. What is clear is that we have a problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
What I also struggle with is the vastness of North America, but you have one government? For the whole area. That makes it almost impossible to keep an eye on them. My country is tiny in comparison, so it's easier in some respects to know what they're up to and then protest it.

Original intent was for us to have 13 individual central governments which were smaller than your country, then gain more individual governments as more states were inducted into the Union. Then we were to have a federal government that regulated commerce and laws between those smaller governments so they would not prey upon each other, and this federal government would act as their singular representative to the rest of the world. This intent has been upended over the last 150 years, since our Civil War and the Progressive Era. More is the pity. But some of us are trying to bring it back, or at least a modern shadow of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Wow i never knew that, people love to compare guns which are only built to kill to tools that can be used to kill.

Its funny in canada we are 7th in the world with guns per capita and guess what we dont kill each other.

More excuses plz.
edit on 28-11-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This mental illness stuff is BS and an excuse. I have paranoid schizophrenia and when I became ill from it at age 17 not once did it cross my mind to hurt someone. By age 20 I was so far gone the doctors told my mom that I would have to be institutionalized. My prognoses was very poor they didn't expect me to recover. No matter how far gone I was I still knew that harming another person was bad. I couldn't tie my shoes let alone plan a shooting spree.

If they're going to blame this on mental illness they might as well say most murders are caused by it. Because as far as I'm concerned you have to be pretty sick in the head to murder someone.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Here's how to buy a gun without a background check- ( I'm surprised I have to spell it out to all these knowledgeable gun owners) Go to Armslist.com find a private seller, Buy your neighbor's gun ( private seller) Receive a gun as a gift

Well there ya go,, gun control does not work.. of course all that is illegal , but it still does not work, gun control still kills in the long run..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

there are depending on the state, if you openly admit its intended use as other than a tool then its considered a weapon

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Not really, obama is not even close to behing the worst president ever.

Wasn't it Shakespeare that said, "A poo by any other name, smells just as foul."

Fair enough, everyone has their favorites. My opinion is that they all suck, there are no hero leaders, and all politicians want to remove OUR freedoms and rights because it limits governments freedoms and rights.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Doesn't matter.

In that context, both are used the exact same way. And again, as I said earlier, a gun is a necessary tool of rural life. Please explain to the farmer who has a rabid animal on his property why he can't have a gun to dispatch it. Or when he has a farm animal in terrible pain, why he has to wait perhaps hours for a rural vet to be able to finally get to his place to put it down when a gun onsite would do the same in minutes instead of hours.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
Co is a carry state, I bet there was a no guns aloud sign by the door to the building, more dead in a gun free zone.. gun control kills..

People I know that conceal carry do not respect "gun free zones". I think that argument is a cop out, as people who believe in their right to be armed will be armed anyplace they want.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Im not sure if you are american, but they had some pretty awesome presidents in there history, no knock against you my friend, i get what your saying.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
a reply to: wildb

there are depending on the state, if you openly admit its intended use as other than a tool then its considered a weapon

I hear that, strap a machete on your hip see how far you get. Weapons laws are stupid..I posted about this on another thread..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

IF you have not been on the receiving end of an assault weapon OR any weapons for that matter.... you, like many others will never understand. ...

Educate yourself (I'm sure you are a younger person) Google this ->1,750 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police.

I'm sure that if the bad guys were infeltrating your abode, you may feel differently. ..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join