It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: HighFive

Yes. Automatic weapons

No I am sorry, they are legal...you are incorrect..

You don't even have to cite a source, My point still stands, we already limit who can own weapons and what kinds, and magazine capacity, barrel length on shotguns, etc. I was explaining how that relates to "shall not be infringed"

link   

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online or to their neighbor and buy a gun without a BC.

And have the gun sent to an FFL where his NICS check will get denied.

Where do you come up with this crap?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Even if you're being sarcastic, knives and guns are not the same thing. Knives are not exclusively a weapon.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You don't even have to cite a source, My point still stands, we already limit who can own weapons and what kinds, and magazine capacity, barrel length on shotguns, etc. I was explaining how that relates to "shall not be infringed"

Your point may stand but don't put out misinfo, full auto is legal.. you understand now?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

yeah your right we do more knife control just think how much carnage could come from a psychopath using those

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Even if you're being sarcastic, knives and guns are not the same thing. Knives are not exclusively a weapon.

Really, if I took a knife and sliced open your gut to spill your guts on your shoes for you to see just before you die, is it not a weapon..

ETA, knives are deadlier than guns more often than not..
edit on 28-11-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They should actually take away the "weapons of war" from the police forces across this country. Why do local police departments need hundreds of thousands of machine guns, thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment, and hundreds of silencers, armored vehicles and aircraft, delivered to them from the US Military leftovers of Iraq and Afghanistan, and also purchased from Lockheed and other US corporations from money used in asset seizures? We are not the enemy! More people are dying right now from overzealous police officers than from mass shootings.

This is not normal and we can't let it become normal. Police have no business wielding weapons of war on American streets. Enough is enough! ‪

The last thing we need is such a heavily militarized police with a defenseless populace, a recipe for disaster. After the story about the pastor's home in Indianapolis that was invaded by thugs and they kill his pregnant wife, it just reminds me how these thugs will still have guns while good honest folks will be disarmed by Obama's gun control leaving everyone without the ability to defend our homes and our families in situations like this.

They'll disarm me over my dead body!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online and buy a gun without a BC

False, where do you get this info, again incorrect..

Statements like that are usually followed by citing a source but since you don't have one,
Google : Private gun sales without background checks. Or. Online gun sales without background check Or
Difference between a FFL and private seller

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Colorado is a gun control state.

Didn't work.

Glad I don't have to call this idiot my Commander in Chief anymore.

I am so glad my Commander in Chief was the second worst President in the history of the Modern Age , Carter...
I thought he was the worst , but not now.
The people of this country are saying "enough is enough" as well. But , they are saying that for a different reason. Obama, go find somewhere and just quietly serve out the rest of your term....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Really, if I took a knife and sliced open your gut to spill your guts on your shoes for you to see just before you die, is it not a weapon..
though thats true it is usually considered a tool it becomes a weapon when you use it as such

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I beg to differ. As mentioned in a previous post, the 21 ft rule. (Please feel free to google) is still an important item in today's LEO training. As far as the 2nd and 4th ..... the fight of the American Revolution. ...see below. The 2nd, mostly self explaining. ..

The Fourth Amendment requires not only that search warrants be supported by probable cause but also that they "particularly" describe the person or place to be searched. A warrant must provide enough detail so that an "officer with the search warrant can, with reasonable effort, ascertain and identify the place [or person] intended" (Steele v. United States, 267 U.S. 498, 45 S. Ct. 414, 69 L. Ed. 757 [1925]). For most residences, a street address usually satisfies the particularity requirement. However, if a warrant designates an apartment complex, hotel, or other multiple-unit building, the warrant must describe the specific sub-unit that will be searched. When a warrant designates that a person will be searched, it must include a description that provides enough detail so that the suspect's identity can be ascertained with reasonable certainty.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Reagan
Carter
Ford
Bush Jr

thats 4 worst than obama just off the top of my head.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online or to their neighbor and buy a gun without a BC. I don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

No, you can't just go online and buy a firearm without a background check period. Restraining order or not. Ever since Oswald ordered his rifle through a mail order catalogue, all purchases have to be shipped to an FFL dealer who then has to run a background check. This includes internet sales. The only exception is face to face private sales and even those have inherent liability issues.

And your neighbor, if he sells you a firearm while you have a restraining order runs th risk of copping a felony. If he knows you've got an Order of Protection against you and sells you something you should both probably burn for it.

Over 2 million people have been denied gun purchases by background checks since the Brady Bill passed. The system works it's not perfect.

Do which is it? The system works or we need UBC? You can't have it both ways.
edit on 28-11-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online and buy a gun without a BC

False, where do you get this info, again incorrect..

Statements like that are usually followed by citing a source but since you don't have one,
Google : Private gun sales without background checks. Or. Online gun sales without background check Or
Difference between a FFL and private seller

Not sure who your replying to but get your full auto here.. oh wait, I can't post that link, but maybe anyone who wants it can u2u me....???? mods??

link   
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about in this case. Knives may have the potential to be deadly, but their uses extend beyond that. Cooking and utility purposes, for two.
Guns are created to be weapons, and only to be weapons, whether for skeet shooting, range shooting, hunting, military applications and so forth.

Almost everything can be a deadly weapon. Cars, wooden planks, pencils, pens, water bottles, computer monitors, keyboards, almost everything. Those things are not regulated because they are not purely weapons and have other uses as their primary use, unlike guns, or swords.
edit on 28/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 28/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

link   

a reply to: stormbringer1701

Then why the @^!%*(*(!^%#!*(^#%! god damned $&@*&$@*(! do you allow the patriot act to exist?

Why indeed. It's because in this decadent age many do not appreciate the constitution. many in fact in leftist precincts are taught to disparage it. The people do not know what they are doing. they are engaged in shallow self indulgent pursuits to the exclusion of far more important matters.
edit on 28-11-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Clearly you have not served your county, or your residing community....

link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I beg to differ. As mentioned in a previous post, the 21 ft rule. (Please feel free to google) is still an important item in today's LEO training. As far as the 2nd and 4th ..... the fight of the American Revolution. ...see below. The 2nd, mostly self explaining. ..

The Fourth Amendment requires not only that search warrants be supported by probable cause but also that they "particularly" describe the person or place to be searched. A warrant must provide enough detail so that an "officer with the search warrant can, with reasonable effort, ascertain and identify the place [or person] intended" (Steele v. United States, 267 U.S. 498, 45 S. Ct. 414, 69 L. Ed. 757 [1925]). For most residences, a street address usually satisfies the particularity requirement. However, if a warrant designates an apartment complex, hotel, or other multiple-unit building, the warrant must describe the specific sub-unit that will be searched. When a warrant designates that a person will be searched, it must include a description that provides enough detail so that the suspect's identity can be ascertained with reasonable certainty.

Good post, star for you..

link   
I borrowed my neighbors gun to try to cut my turkey, to hammer some nails, and to drive me to the store, didint do a good job of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
We are not the enemy!

You know this for fact? With that kind of hardware at their disposal, really makes you wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join