It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701
Quotes from centuries ago. Thankyou for the relevant information. "Plunderers in awe", priceless, shame Obama doesn't use terms like that otherwise everyone would be on the same side.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Make health care free,free mental health care
would help solve most of the mass shootings if not all.
Take away guns now,next it will be knives,then bass ball bats

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Well that says alot, "If you take my item that has a sole purpose of destruction, I'll fight you for it"

I've seen first had what happens to disarmed populations at the mercy of elitists.

What better example of elitists who are willing to kill than assholes like Obama who says things like "I'm really good at killing people"?

People are fairly complex beings and as such allowing such an item that can cause that much destruction is just retarded. Sure people like to protect themselves, but what happens when someones perception of protection is wrong? No screening, everyone gets a gun!

Educate yourself on the process of buying a gun.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadcatsrule
Make health care free,free mental health care
would help solve most of the mass shootings if not all.
Take away guns now,next it will be knives,then bass ball bats

How do you make health care "free?" I'm pretty sure the health care professionals involved in dispensing treatment would like to be compensated since that is their profession and means of supporting themselves and their families.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You both have a point.

On one hand there is a valid point to have firearms. A hunting rifle for hunting, a pistol or shotgun for protection, but I fail to see how SMGs, Assualt rifles with laser dot, reflex sight, Etc has a domestic use. Why do people have such an obsession for these guns that are clearly designed for warfare? When I want to fire an overpowered gun I turn on my playstation, I don't go out and buy 2 thousand dollar customized AR-34 , empty a magazine on a cardboard cutout and say "well, that 6.8 seconds was fun"

To me some weapons are like supercars: they look nice and go fast but what's the point of them?
edit on 29-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

An AR-15 is basically a semi-automatic rifle that's been dressed up to look "scary."

As for the point, you'd have to ask a firearms collector and enthusiast. Some people collect the muscle cars too. If they aren't doing anything wrong, then why is their idea of fun less valid than yours? You do understand that there are people who don't see the point of even allowing you to go into an FPS video game and shoot at targets there, don't you?

edit on 29-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
A hunting rifle for hunting, a pistol or shotgun for protection, but I fail to see how SMGs, Assualt rifles with laser dot, reflex sight, Etc has a domestic use.

I am a member of a local gun club which has a rather large outdoor range. I enjoy brining my rifle there and firing with the iron sights and with the laser reticle. I find target shooting to be rather relaxing as you need to control your breathing and I also like the skill aspect of attempting to hit the target at various distances.

To me some weapons are like supercars: they look nice and go fast but what's the point of them?

That is the point, they are nice and they are fast.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
UK has free health care....on a non commission basis.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

In my avatar you will see me holding an actual machine gun. It's an M240H chambered in 7.62x51. I also went to combat with an M4A1 select fire weapon. Looks like an AR, NOT an AR.

The AR15 is not a machine gun. Neither are the semi-automatic rifles that LOOK like AK47s. The weapons civilians use regularly for defense, sport, and hunting, are not capable of the rate of fire of the weapons that I took to combat, or that of the ones regularly fired at me.

Thank you for your service.

Weapons don't commit murder, people do.

Little tired, that one.

Stop with the hysterics.

I'm not hysterical. It's gun owners who become hysterical over bogus information such as is in the OP that get hysterical. No where has the President advocated disarming law-abiding Americans, but one little thread like this one can get all the gun owners in an uproar, as it was intended to do. Therein lies the hysteria.

I'm an ACTUAL weapons expert, so bear that in mind before you think you can tell me what weapons do and don't do.

Oh dear. I thought I made it clear I know very little about guns. I wouldn't dream of challenging your knowledge about weaponry, and can't imagine why would make such a statement to me. ????
edit on 11/29/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

but I fail to see how SMGs, Assualt rifles with laser dot, reflex sight, Etc has a domestic use.

Reflex sights are extremely useful if you want to be accurate. I have a reflex sight on my pistol because I prefer to be more accurate than not.

Unless you're using a PEQ 15 laser or some other high end laser systems, laser sights are typically unreliable and I do not recommend them.

SMGs are pistol caliber machine guns. Not a lot of those floating around in the open market. Same with actual assault rifles.

My RAS47 rifle is a 7.62x39 semi-automatic weapon styled like an AK47. It is NOT a milspec weapon and it is NOT a weapon I would take to war with me if I had a choice.

I don't go out and buy 2 thousand dollar customized AR-34

What's an AR-34?

empty a magazine on a cardboard cutout and say "well, that 6.8 seconds was fun"

You're not getting any training if you're just doing mag dumps.

My rifle is for defense.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule
How many mass murders have you heard of recently with a baseball bat. Hard to kill a target more than 3 ft away. Is the the actual thought process of some americans or just being unaware of the propoganda over the airwaves?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
UK has free health care....on a non commission basis.

It's not free. You pay for it every time you buy something (VAT) and every time your pay check is taxed.
edit on 29-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why doesn't he ever urge gun control after after record setting weekend death tolls in inner cities like Chicago?

The kind of people committing these crimes are the biggest homegrown terrorist threats in America.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Man i cant believe all the millions of guns that obama and is goons have taken away from the poor american souls.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Believe it or I understand gun collectors; there's a Winchester that every gun cabinet is missing. My question is why certain weapons are easily available that are not collectibles and are just guns.

Before your launch a counter attack let me ask a hypothetical question: An uber rich trust fund kid comes in to your car yard and wants to buy a Bugatti Veyron- A car that goes from zero to sixty in under three seconds and has a top speed of over 250 mph. You ask the kid if he has ever driven a car so fast and he replies "my dad let me back out of the garage once...but I have a license" Do you sell this kid a car? He could put the foot down and create a mishap that could take lives. How would you feel, as the salesman?

edit on 29-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Man i cant believe all the millions of guns that obama and is goons have taken away from the poor american souls.

See previous pages for adult discussion on American issues. Thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

He "could" did you even read what you wrote?

Do you know that he will?

Are you the arbiter of saving him from himself and his own stupidity after making the assumption such stupidity exists in the first place?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

You ask the kid if he has ever driven a car so fast and he replies "my dad let me back out of the garage once...but I have a license" Do you sell this kid a car?

Yes, because to obtain a drivers license he would have had to demonstrate more than backing out of the garage to a representative of the state in which he is licensed who then found him qualified.

And by not selling him a vehicle based on his age would be age-based discrimination.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Lol, obama is the biggest gun seller in the history of america, but hey dont let me stop you guys from your fake outrage, funny let adults talk, adults dont make stuff as it goes.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It's called personal responsibility man.

Here's the thing, we make a huge deal out of guns.

It doesn't have to be a fast car, yet we have more deaths per year on the roads of America than we do as a result of people using guns.

An idiot runs him/herself off the road at 70mph because they were texting. Or they drink and drive. Or they simply get distracted.

We all know not to do these things. Defensive driving and all that. But every single day people get in cars and do monumentally stupid things and kill people.

Should we then restrict everyone else from driving certain cars because an idiot in a Prius killed a bunch of people drinking and driving?

No. It's called personal responsibility.

In America the law applies to the person who committed the crime, not his neighborhood.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join