It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oh cool, so now we will give even more power to the black market. Criminals will still get their weapons, and we are left powerless and defenseless on all sides?

The government are criminals, the cartels (another Government branch) are criminals (Search fast and Furious Eric Holder, for details on them ARMING the cartels.) Yet, while they arm ISIS and the Mexican cartels, they want people's guns?

Is the president of the United States Declaring war against WE THE PEOPLE of the United States?

Because by doing so, you(OBAMA) are technically asking for war by ****tting on OUR Constitution.

There is another word for you Mr. President, and it is called treason.
edit on th2015000000Sundayth000000Sun, 29 Nov 2015 06:30:04 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 29 Nov 2015 06:30:04 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

My bad I thought I had permission. Me scoozy.

I do love it when someone with foreign blood says such stupid comments. Claims to be highly educated but plays the foreign card oblivious to his own blood lines....Most probably has strong opinions on immigration too no doubt.
edit on 29-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It seems there is pretty easy access to bombs and suicide vests in other parts of the world. Maybe we should focus on that.

If people think a few mass shootings is just cause for banning guns or making access more difficult maybe they should ask the same of Muslims.

Trump gets blown up for saying he wants a data base on Muslims yet some people want a data base on gun owners. They want background checks on gun buyers yet would say background checks on Muslims is unconstitutional.

Very few gun owners go on shooting rampages just as very few Muslims blow things up, yet nearly every shooting rampage is carried out by a gun owner and nearly every bombing is carried out by a Muslim.

There is no good answer to these problems and they will continue to happen.

Not everybody that drinks gets in car wrecks yet drinking and driving is illegal for everybody and it still happens.

I guess I am not sure what I am trying to say other than there is no answer to stopping these tragedies.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In the case of your regular run-of-the-mill mass shooter the ease of access is most CERTAINLY a problem.
Is it the root cause? Not necessarily. It certainly exacerbates the issue by a significant amount.

Consider that a very small % of gun owners/holder by whatever means "go off".......really doesn't make the case. Conceal Carry looks so good up against these numbers of what .009% or less. Cant even really challenge a constitutional amendment with the depth and history of the 2nd amendment with such paltry numbers.

Also consider that of later, last decade or so for example, mass shooters are falling into categories that are also reflected in this small numbers. Most couldn't and wouldn't have been detected by anything at point of purchase.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Muppet! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it. Kinda reminds me of Baeker anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I guess I am not sure what I am trying to say other than there is no answer to stopping these tragedies.

Oh yes, there is. It's a cultural thing. It can be changed. Stop glorifying those that kill people. It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

My bad I thought I had permission. Me scoozy.

I do love it when someone with foreign blood says such stupid comments. Claims to be highly educated but plays the foreign card oblivious to his own blood lines....Most probably has strong opinions on immigration too no doubt.
Foreigners cannot easily understand the history, the logic of our founding documents, and the thoughts of our founders and our traditions. Therefore you may not apply proper weight to any of that. it is as simple as that. you read quite a lot into it though. enjoy destroying the strawmen you've constructed.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America. He's right. I will never understand the U.S.' need for guns, it seems insane that everyone would want one.

He's acknowledging that there is a massive problem with shootings in the US - and there is. He has to at least pay attention to it, he can't just pretend it isn't happening.

Um, well ahh....yea. They're here for protection from all enemies, foreign and domestic. In reality, Britain is responsible for all our guns, considering they're the sole reason we had them in the first place.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Oh well, that's OK then. Obama doesn't like Britain either.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I find it amusing, though not surprising, that obama will hold all gun owners accountable for the actions of a small percentage of the whole group. Yet, where muslims are concerned, he is quick to tell us not to judge all muslims by the actions of a small percentage of them.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

Funny how he doesn't seem to say this after a police shooting??

And isn't interesting how he didn't say anything after that gang shooting in NOLA where they basically shot into a crowd in a park?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

I've asked you before:

How do you make sure all private sales do that? If I have something I want to sell to my neighbor, I will simply do it. Unless you have a federal inspector right there onsite to stop me doing so, my neighbor and I exchange some cash and the item in question and no one else ever knows.

This is basically how every illegal gun criminals own is bought and sold.

In order to create a system where such sales are made impossible, you are looking at massive changes to both the way we do sales - cashless society - and the way you carry out law enforcement. Or you are simply looking at never letting people have guns to begin with. How else do you prevent people from passing them around the same way they do any other item?

Otherwise, you just make something even more illegal and people will simply continue to ignore the laws they deem stupid.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nothing to do with the documents or history, it is simply the mentality. Justifying the need for something simply based on documents centuries old is the same type of perspective many christians have.

Legally in the UK you still have to practice archery on Sundays but we don't, tines change.

Please leave strawman type arguements out. It helps amplify the smugness.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

No, it's actually fairly easy. At least, as easy as it would be for most. You're just making assumptions about the intelligence or comprehension of those who disagree with you, which says wonderful things about your character. I assure you.

The input of foreigners is actually extremely valuable, because they didn't grow up with your particular country's brand of propaganda. Outside the gilded cage, so to speak. In this particular case, they haven't grown up with the Gun Mantra.

Now, personally I think I ultimately agree with you, if for different reasons. However, think hard now for a moment: What if you're wrong?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

The input of foreigners is actually extremely valuable, because they didn't grow up with your particular country's brand of propaganda. Outside the gilded cage, so to speak. In this particular case, they haven't grown up with the Gun Mantra.

Gun mantra? Do you actually think we have advertisements for them on TV or something?

And as a foreigner did it ever occur to you that the same stream of propaganda you accuse us of living in also applies to you?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How many mass shootings are provably stopped by other armed citizens?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

How many mass shootings are provably stopped by other armed citizens?

Yes, it does happen. But because it does not fit the narrative of our propaganda stream, it generally does not get the wide publicity that the successful mass shootings get.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You don't? No, of course not, that would be ridiculous. However, the general attitude for "easy access to gun = good/important" will have propagated the same way religion has.

Of course I have. That's why the input of foreigners is useful. Because while I have reasonable idea as to what propaganda I have been exposed to, it's best to triple check.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So it does. While in several cases it is hard to imagine the incident would have occurred in the first place were it not for the ease of access to guns, it appears the idea that they can also act as a positive force is not a complete mistake.

Have you heard the phrase? "To a man with a hammer, soon every problem begins to appear a nail."

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

No, it's actually fairly easy. At least, as easy as it would be for most. You're just making assumptions about the intelligence or comprehension of those who disagree with you, which says wonderful things about your character. I assure you.

Now, personally I think I ultimately agree with you, if for different reasons. However, think hard now for a moment: What if you're wrong?

i have. my conclusion is punishing the lawful for the actions of the unlawful is illogical. thinking someone bent on mayhem will obey laws is ridiculous. And the founders reasons for enshrining our right to bear arms are still valid. in fact the actions of people like obama and other would be gun grabbers WRT to gun ownership kind of punctuates the founder's points.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join