It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: HighFive

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online or to their neighbor and buy a gun without a BC.

And have the gun sent to an FFL where his NICS check will get denied.

Where do you come up with this crap?

Do you think you're winning the argument by just blurting out I'm wrong? Is your Google down? Source?

Here's how to buy a gun without a background check- ( I'm surprised I have to spell it out to all these knowledgeable gun owners)

Go to Armslist.com find a private seller,
Buy your neighbor's gun ( private seller)
Receive a gun as a gift

its shockingly easy to buy a gun without a background check

Reposted with a SOURCE since you accused me of making stuff up.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yes face to face private sellers without background checks!

I too have bought and sold guns, but how do you know they weren't prohibited from buying that gun without the background check? I don't trust self policing. And yes that is how people that can't pass background checks obtain guns, because that's the only way they can, other than theft.

Out of curiosity ... you can pass all the laws you want to make it illegal, just like crossing the border without proper permission is illegal, but unless you happen to have law enforcement right there at the point of those sales ... those laws mean nothing, just like border laws mean jack all without a means of securing the border to stop crossings where they occur.

Honestly, how do think gang members and other criminals get their guns? They either steal them or buy them in just these kinds of sales from people who either smuggled them or stole them. And that's illegal already.

So WHY would a new law making something already illegal even MORE illegal matter?
edit on 28-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's legal to sell a gun to someone face to face, no background check. Right? Yes..
If you sell your gun to a felon it's illegal. Right? Yes..
Without a background check, how would you know? Ask them? Lol
Ahhhhhh

There will always be a market for stolen guns. That doesn't mean universal background checks wouldn't prevent some illegal sales. Sounds rational to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I own 3 guns and I would never want to kill someone. I mostly own them just to collect. Even once in a while we will target shoot at family get togethers. It would be a horrifying experience to actually have to use it to defend myself. It make me feel safer knowing I have that option though.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Taking away guns in the U.S. , like my dad said. That dog wont hunt! D.C. would be sacked before that would ever start, just make the order that would lead to your demise Mr. So called President.

Last time I looked everyone had to have their background checked to buy a gun. It obviously does not work. Nuts and criminals will get guns no matter what, the only solution is to have more trained citizens with weapons on their person to stop these crimes from getting out of control as has happened more than just a few times in the last few years but our media does not like to report those stories.

In the France theater shooting, as soon as the gunmen opened fire they all just laid down to be shot, not one or any group of men rushed the shooters to stop the gunmen from slaughtering them all. Their were two cases in the last year alone where Americans had to risk their lives to save Europeans from nut case terrorist who wanted to kill everyone in sight and it was only the Americans who rushed in to stop them before they could kill on a big scale. Years of ridiculous gun control has taught the Europeans to not fight back, even when their own lives depends on it. In America we are wired to fight back at any cost to save anyone who can not help themselves.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

It's legal to sell a gun to someone face to face, no background check. Right? Yes..
If you sell your gun to a felon it's illegal. Right? Yes..
Without a background check, how would you know? Ask them? Lol
Ahhhhhh

There will always be a market for stolen guns. That doesn't mean universal background checks wouldn't prevent some illegal sales. Sounds rational to me.

Most Americans do not just sell their gun to anyone they do not know real well, just so it does not come back on them!!

Gun violence will never be stopped. Their are a lot more things out there that kill more people every year, like stupidity but you cant fix stupid lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Where has Obama ever said he wants to take away guns from people?
He is for stricter gun control on how easy it is to obtain a weapon, not taking away weapons.
When you have a nation where it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license something is wrong.
Erm... actually, there is a video out there somewhere of him expressing regret because of the second amendment's existence and suggesting that there are ways to *circumvent* it. he offered that you could tax ammunition at 500 percent for example. i find that clear evidence that he does want to take a way guns from people other than criminals; the normal law abiding citizens.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America. He's right. I will never understand the U.S.' need for guns, it seems insane that everyone would want one.

He's acknowledging that there is a massive problem with shootings in the US - and there is. He has to at least pay attention to it, he can't just pretend it isn't happening.

OH sure it starts with the accesibility,but when its tough to get a gun,prices will go up. SO much so that a normal citizen might not be able to afford them. Then later on...since th epoorest cant defend themselves crime goes up. more gun deaths,lead to more laws and the making it even more exspensive to own a gun until its priced ou t of range for all but th e one percenters.
Its backdoor gun removal.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Gun control didnt stop the Paris massacre.
I think that sums it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Really? By releasing 167,000 convicted criminals? Many of whom have continued with their criminal activities? including illegal criminals which are being protected by the Obama administration?... Even when there have been many shootings done by several such illegal criminals being protected by the Obama administration?...

Is that how Obama and his administration "are trying to solve the problem"?...

The 16 year old illegal immigrant who shot a police officer with a rifle and set the police car on fire also in 2015.

abc13.com...

New Data Show Immigrant Gang Arrests
Disproportionately associated with the most violent Central American gangs

By Jessica Vaughan, March 27, 2015

Violent immigrant and transnational gangs such as MS-13, the Sureños, and 18th Street continue to present a significant public safety threat in many parts of the United States, according to arrest records released by ICE to the Center for Immigration Studies.

In 2013 (the most recent year available), ICE arrested significant numbers of gang members in California, Texas, Chicago, and the New York City and Washington, DC, metropolitan areas. Large concentrations also were arrested by ICE agents in Atlanta, Charlotte, and south Florida.

In addition to the large transnational gangs, smaller immigrant gangs that operate locally or regionally are a problem all over the United States in urban, suburban, and rural areas. Since 2005, ICE has arrested more than 32,200 gang members, leaders and associates. Arrests peaked in 2012, then dropped by more than 25 percent in 2013, and continued to decline in 2014.

This recent record calls into question President Obama's claim that gang members are among the highest priorities for enforcement. The administration has been severely criticized for legalizing known illegal alien gang members in the controversial Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, including Emmanuel Jesus Rangel-Hernandez, who has been arrested in North Carolina for the murder of four people.

You can see the ICE Gang Arrest fact sheet.

CIS obtained the ICE data through a Freedom of Information Act request as part of ongoing research on transnational gangs and ICE anti-gang enforcement programs. It shows that the most violent gang members arrested by ICE were disproportionately associated with the Central American gangs, including MS-13.

cis.org...

But it doesn't stop there.

President Obama's "Deferred Action" Program for Illegal Aliens Is Plainly Unconstitutional

By Jan Ting December 2014

2. Criminal Aliens Never Had It So Good

And what about criminal aliens, whose removal has supposedly so exhausted ICE resources that the government has nothing left for the arrest and removal of less dangerous illegal aliens? In fact, the FY2014 ICE statistics reveal that the number of criminal aliens removed from the interior has declined 39 percent since FY2011 and that nearly 167,000 convicted criminals who have been released by ICE are currently at large.52

Once again, the testimony of career officials belies the administration's propaganda. In his 2013 testimony to Congress, ICE officer Chris Crane explained that, contrary to the claim that "deferred action" was freeing up resources to focus on detaining criminals, DACA was being used to prevent ICE officers from inspecting and detaining jailed illegal aliens:

News has spread quickly through illegal alien populations within jails and communities that immigration agents have been instructed by the agency not to investigate illegal aliens who claim protections from immigration arrest under DACA. ICE immigration agents have been instructed to accept the illegal alien's claim as to whether or not he or she graduated or is attending high school or college or otherwise qualifies under DACA. Illegal aliens are not required to provide officers with any kind of proof such as a diploma or transcripts to prove they qualify before being released. ... As one immigration agent stated last week, "every person we encounter in the jails now claims to qualify for release under DACA."

cis.org...

edit on 28-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on 28-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add links.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
People like the Oathkeepers? Sure, they can have as many guns as they want. Tanks, even. I like the idea of a well-regulated militia.

You know, tinfoil aside, there's a reason Obama points to Australia. It's not like the US has ten times more firearm deaths per 100,000 peop-Oh, it does, does it? You're telling me there are ten times more gun deaths in the US than Australia, and that gun control doesn't work?

The real issue isn't gun control. The issue is imposing gun control on America as it stands. That, I do not believe, would work. The culture is too intertwined with them. There are already so many guns that it would be impossible to get them away from the criminals, because they already have them.
The US is past the event horizon, so to speak. Past the point of no return.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't fear a damned thing.

Except for my government going out of control.

My neighbors having guns doesn't scare me. I WANT THEM to have guns.

What I don't want is the government I worked for to have unchecked power against the people.

This. I want my neighbors to have guns and be properly trained to use them. The purpose of the 2nd amendment is twofold. To protect oneself and property, and to act as a check on the power of the state. The second point is why the phrase about militia is in the amendment.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't see why Obama's so worried about everyone's Guns? I ain't seeing anyone shooting at his dumbass. What the hell is it to him, nutjobs are shooting innocence? Doesn't seem to affect his Golf game, or His billion dollar Vacations any.

Hes probably best to keep his opinion to himself, until his lil career is up in 2016, so he wont draw any attention from the gun wielding nutters
Have you noticed he never says a word about the Pharmaceutical Industry Murderers?...Probably because he knows one of their nutjobs will cancel his subscription
edit on 29-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

But right now someone with a restraining order against them can go online or to their neighbor and buy a gun without a BC.

And have the gun sent to an FFL where his NICS check will get denied.

Where do you come up with this crap?

Do you think you're winning the argument by just blurting out I'm wrong? Is your Google down? Source?

Here's how to buy a gun without a background check- ( I'm surprised I have to spell it out to all these knowledgeable gun owners)

Go to Armslist.com find a private seller,
Buy your neighbor's gun ( private seller)
Receive a gun as a gift

its shockingly easy to buy a gun without a background check

Reposted with a SOURCE since you accused me of making stuff up.
now im curious the way you have worded it are you part of the issue? are you saying its ok to just give guns to those who may miss use them and harm innocent people?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Please clarify your question

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's not a gun problem it's a male problem...

Show me the last female gun nut who went on a rampage in the US.

I bet it was years ago.
If it ever happened that is.

Why don't we look at Muslim females willing to strap bombs to themselves while we're at it?

Just because you hate being a guy (
) doesn't mean its a "male" problem, its a mental health problem.

While its not a rampage, there have been plenty of women to kill their own children etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454 I wonder if they call them Strapons?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

the question was clear enough, you are either faking ignorance or just really are if you can't comprehend what was just asked

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

No I don't support "giving" guns to people for the purpose of harming innocent people.
I don't understand what would give you that idea.

I'm a gun owner. Nobody is gonna take my guns( nobody is trying to)
I don't support gun free zones.
Prohibiting violent people from owning guns is not infringing on 2nd amendment rights. ( Supreme Court agrees)
I support universal background checks. That's it. It's an idea that is supported by a majority of Americans.
Yet I'm defending the idea alone in this thread.

What's the purpose of having background checks at all if the mentally ill and criminals can purchase guns without background checks?

It surprises me how many people don't realize how easy it is to get a gun without a background check.
All responsible gun owners should be concerned by this.
Why does the gun lobby oppose this? It would hurt their bottom line by a percentage point.

edit on 29-11-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

No I don't support "giving" guns to people for the purpose of harming innocent people.
I don't understand what would give you that idea.

I'm a gun owner. Nobody is gonna take my guns( nobody is trying to)
I don't support gun free zones.
Prohibiting violent people from owning guns is not infringing on 2nd amendment rights. ( Supreme Court agrees)
I support universal background checks. That's it. It's an idea that is supported by a majority of Americans.
Yet I'm defending the idea alone in this thread.

What's the purpose of having background checks at all if the mentally ill and criminals can purchase guns without background checks?

your previous posts made me question your ethics. i actually do believe it is our 2nd amendment right to own and carry arms if we feel we need to but i can not condone the way you so blatantly showed off how easy it is for people to just get them, questionable people could have access to it even without what you added

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join