It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: wildb

It is well friend. I am very aware of stats.... after all I am living proof of such... Thanks!

I was shot at in ferg, no fun..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Obama has got this wrong. This is not particularly gun control problem. This was an act of domestic terrorism by a right-wing Christian anti-abortion group. Islam is not the only source of terrorism. Christians do it too.

Wake up and smell the coffee America.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

One quote comes to mind....

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."

Author: Unknown

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeaderWe have seen textbook martial law events happen in Ferguson Missouri, in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina and in Boston during the Boston Bombing manhunt.
Even though our government never call their crackdowns “martial law”

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
Obama has got this wrong. This is not particularly gun control problem. This was an act of domestic terrorism by a right-wing Christian anti-abortion group. Islam is not the only source of terrorism. Christians do it too.

Group? Or person with a mental illness goaded by the media?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

So... your point is. .. ... .... ..... I'm just trying to understand

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

Do you have an actual, official source for this? As of what I had been able to find, there is no official release of motive yet. Not even the NYT had made an official declaration, only lots of inferences and implications to make people like yourself jump that very conclusion.

It could be, but the man was also a complete recluse living off by himself with no electricity and running water too.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

One quote comes to mind....

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."

Author: Unknown

I agree 100%............

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Where has Obama ever said he wants to take away guns from people?
He is for stricter gun control on how easy it is to obtain a weapon, not taking away weapons.
When you have a nation where it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license something is wrong.

You make it harder to get something, you make it easier to take the next step to taking that something away.

Let's look at tobacco and smoking. Technically, cigarettes and tobacco are not illegal, but given all the restrictions on how old you have to be to buy them and when and where you can legally light up and how high the extra taxes are on them ... How easy is it for a citizen to carry on their smoking habit unmolested by law? But of course, the government doesn't come and take away your tobacco products ...

Meanwhile, what exactly do you think Obama is alluding to when he calls Australia the ideal model for gun control?

you use the word model so loosely.
are you suggesting that back in the day the Marlboro man was the main reason people smoked their brand? After all, that ad campaign was a model, the ideal male figure that all men had to be. And you are touching on a subject tied in with lies, scandals, and cover ups.
Guns are black and white, bullets and gun makers don't need to beat around the bush, they don't have long term health effects that slowly kill someone, they have instant results, bang, bullet flies, hits something, could be a kid, deer, clay pigeon, what ever, smoking is something that builds up over time, and doesn't destroy instantly.
Obama is only using Australia as an example, not a model, not something that the U.S should be, but rather strive to be while keeping the smart gun owners safe.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfpWe have allowed our government to pick and choose which rights to protect and have permitted the government to place our “safety” above our liberty.
I highly doubt our leaders are going to be willing to give up the control that we have so willingly given them

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I wonder how willing this whacko would have been to waltz in that place brandishing his weapon, if he knew even 50% of the people inside were armed? I'm betting he'd have steered clear and went instead, to a gun-free zone.

Now I'll read the thread.

edit on 11/28/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: strongfpWe have allowed our government to pick and choose which rights to protect and have permitted the government to place our “safety” above our liberty.
I highly doubt our leaders are going to be willing to give up the control that we have so willingly given them

Right... a government that has in the past protected workers, destroyed monopolies, given you the choice of education, religion, choice of health care, to own a weapon, preserved more land than any other country in the world for people to enjoy, given you electricity, clean water, shall I go on?

The citizens of the U.S Don't know how easy they have it on the world stage, and the ones that complain the most are the ones who don't know how hard some have it within' their OWN country but can survive due to government.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Right... a government that has in the past protected workers, destroyed monopolies, given you the choice of education, religion, choice of health care, to own a weapon, preserved more land than any other country in the world for people to enjoy, given you electricity, clean water, shall I go on?

Our government hasn't "given" us anything. We have worked for what we have, and paid for it dearly. In the past, and in the present.

The citizens of the U.S Don't know how easy they have it on the world stage, and the ones that complain the most are the ones who don't know how hard some have it within' their OWN country but can survive due to government.

On this, we can agree to some extent. Some folks don't know how good we have it in comparison to a host of others. At the same time, the American people are some of the most giving people on the planet. As a country, we have given trillions over the years in aid to others, including our own homeless. The problems persist for reasons beyond the scope of this thread.

All that said. The poster is right. We have become too willing to give up freedoms, and not willing enough to fight for our rights. The damage done may be irreversible at this point, but I hope not. Giving any more wiggle room to the second amendment is not an option, if we want to remain in any way as we are at present.
edit on 11/28/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/28/2015 by Klassified because: redundancy

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I think that is an unfair statement''

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

As I have stated before.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Oh noes! Private sales!

I can also buy and sell guns on Facebook too.

You have no idea how well self-policed these places are.

I have bought and sold a few guns in my life this way. I've bought, traded, sold with police other members of the military, and just regular folks. Not once have I traded or sold with a criminal. This isn't where criminals go to buy and sell.

It is perfectly legal in many states to make private face to face sales.

Once you start talking about shipping weapons across state lines Federal regulations apply.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So basically, you are afraid of others owning guns, but you're OK with owning them yourself because you know you're the "right" kind of owner. So you think the government ought to enact laws to protect you from other gun owners (or would-be gun owners) whom you deem to be less smart?

A lot of people think this way about a lot of topics, and then they scream, as you do, "There oughta be a law!"

Then they turn around one day and realize that something they hold near and dear and always used to enjoy for themselves is now suddenly illegal and they wonder what happened ... Don't worry. It'll happen to you if it hasn't already. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: HighFive

Oh noes! Private sales!

I can also buy and sell guns on Facebook too.

You have no idea how well self-policed these places are.

I have bought and sold a few guns in my life this way. I've bought, traded, sold with police other members of the military, and just regular folks. Not once have I traded or sold with a criminal. This isn't where criminals go to buy and sell.

It is perfectly legal in many states to make private face to face sales.

Once you start talking about shipping weapons across state lines Federal regulations apply.

Yes face to face private sellers without background checks!

I too have bought and sold guns, but how do you know they weren't prohibited from buying that gun without the background check? I don't trust self policing. And yes that is how people that can't pass background checks obtain guns, because that's the only way they can, other than theft.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

that this muppet would come out on national propaganda platforms with his predictable diatribe that "gimme ya guns"

Yes, your comment suggests you are aware of this, but you will want to modify the constitution to suit the agenda of disarming law abiding US citizens and this, Mr President, is your (puppet masters) real Modus Operandi.

Where did you get any of this from the paragraph you quoted in the OP? That's a straight up lie...
Reducing the accessibility of firearms from those who are not mentally capable of using firearms responsibly does not equate to 'gimme' ya guns'. Lets say for sake of argument, he did. His terms almost up and there's a good chance a republican will get in power. The new president could repeal any previous laws Obama passed on gun control measures anyway.

If anything this guy isn't going to do anything at all, this guy politically postures all the time and goes where the wind blows in the left but barely acts on his sentiments. Obama's a corporate puppet and he does what he's told to do, the major assumption your making is that Obama's masters want to Ban firearms nationally. What evidence is there for that claim? An out of context statement or quote?

You got have better evidence than that for the claim your making.
Politicians lie about their true colors all the time. Why would he not lie about his position on this issue?
edit on 28-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join