It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: wildb

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Where has Obama ever said he wants to take away guns from people?
He is for stricter gun control on how easy it is to obtain a weapon, not taking away weapons.
When you have a nation where it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license something is wrong.

If your a law abiding citizen it's a pain, if your a bad guy it's easy.. thats why gun control does not work, it kills instead, why do I say that..

Many 'law' abiding citizens get behind a wheel of a vehicle while intoxicated from alcohol, lack of sleep, over use of prescription drugs, etc. many law abiding citizens also think by them keeping a gun under their pillow, or in their bed side table, or what have you, loaded as well, keeps them safe.
Can you see what I am getting at here?
Criminals obtain guns to protect their interests, intimidate, kill others.
While, sure, yes some law abiding citizens lock away, keep the bolt, or bullets separate from the body of their weapon, statistics and the law the probability proves that it only takes a few dumb gun owners to keep a loaded gun in the dumbest of places.
i suppose things are completely different where your from?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

My intentions were obviously overlooked and I apologize. My point- I would rather be in a situation with a possibly active shooter(s) and barricade with a trained individual that was armed; rather to be in the same situation without some one that was able to neutralize the situation.

Ty

edit on 28-11-2015 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

There are stupid people, stupid gun owners, big country , it is what it is, it will never be perfect..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Shamrock6

My intentions were obviously overlooked and I apologize. My point- I would rather be in a situation with a possibly active shooter(s) and barricade with a trained individual that was armed; rather to be in the same situation without some one that was a to neutralize the situation.

Ty

What stops a bad guy with a gun, a good guy with a gun..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

Agreed. Or a knife, crowbar, suicide vest, IED.

We can generalize all night long...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

He is for stricter gun control on how easy it is to obtain a weapon, not taking away weapons.
When you have a nation where it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license something is wrong.
I know people that drive without a license and have a gun in the car while smoking recreational herbs and they never kill people.
they don't ask for anything except to survive, they don't need our government to tell them how to live.
Life is to short.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

He's acknowledging that there is a massive problem with shootings in the US - and there is. He has to at least pay attention to it, he can't just pretend it isn't happening.
sure he can ...he is POTUS ...you or anyone else cant make him do squat ....He has veto power ... able to jump continents with a single flight . He is ruler of the world homogamy and he knows it .

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You make it harder to get something, you make it easier to take the next step to taking that something away.

Let's look at tobacco and smoking. Technically, cigarettes and tobacco are not illegal, but given all the restrictions on how old you have to be to buy them and when and where you can legally light up and how high the extra taxes are on them ... How easy is it for a citizen to carry on their smoking habit unmolested by law? But of course, the government doesn't come and take away your tobacco products ...

Meanwhile, what exactly do you think Obama is alluding to when he calls Australia the ideal model for gun control?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Valid and intregruing reply.

link   

Agreed. Or a knife, crowbar, suicide vest, IED.

We can generalize all night long...

We could, gun control has killed many , maybe tomorrow I will post the stats, i"m to tired tonight, everyone has the right to self defense, thats all I have to say..

link   

a reply to: Rezlooper

IF you have not been on the receiving end of an assault weapon OR any weapons for that matter.... you, like many others will never understand. ...

Educate yourself (I'm sure you are a younger person) Google this ->1,750 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police.

I'm sure that if the bad guys were infeltrating your abode, you may feel differently. ..

I'm 44. And bad guys have been infiltrating for as long as...well, yeah, as long as and our local police have always been able to serve and protect us without the need for tanks, or weapons with silencers, or, well...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Culture, mental health - how about "Obama urges full and aggressive mental health and cultural shake-up after Colorado shooting" #crickets# .

Well, our culture creates mental health issues. We send soldiers to fight to protect free speech. We then produce movies which encourage behaviors that I have seen lead to at least temporary mental disorders. I've known several friends who dealt with mental health issues living in violation of Biblical sexual conduct who once they repented straightened out.

And yet none of our movies or songs contain any disclaimers.

Seems to me the egg came before the chicken. You gotta tackle the real issue of what causes mental disorders. Sexual misconduct, drug use (and Colorado just loosened restrictions on marijuana, which is unnecessary because the law only hits those who continue to use drugs outside of their teens and drug dealers).

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

I know people that drive without a license and have a gun in the car while smoking recreational herbs and they never kill people.
they don't ask for anything except to survive, they don't need our government to tell them how to live.
Life is to short.

And those same people would be no where without government aid, public workers, police, I can go on and on. This isn't the wild west, or the new frontier here. Lets see those same people survive in say China, or India, let them pull them selves up by the boot strap and make something out of themselves without government aid or the privileged western way of life.
Ridiculous comment you made, think before you post something so biased.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No one rules if no one obeys

We have been brain washed to Assume that the government is the one that grants our rights and that they have the ability to remove those rights when it becomes convenient.
Ferguson was a city where the Bill of Rights was no longer the law of the land.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: strongfp

There are stupid people, stupid gun owners, big country , it is what it is, it will never be perfect..

I already touched on that, but when you have something as dangerous as a firearm so readily available, so easy to obtain it makes things a lot worse than it needs to be.
Take away 5% out of 100 poor gun owners and you can take away potentially a large threat to your community, does everyone really need a gun by their side at all times?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

The next time you or a family member calls 911.... rethink your words and if at all possible, move to a place that you can feel safer...

Additionally, the five "oh" have tanks, (primarily for the bad guys that try to out-arm them), and LEO do not utilize "silensors"...

You are referring to "suppressors".... again. UtilizEd by the bad guys/gals... please get your non-facts straight. ...glad you are no neighbor of mine... phhhhtttt

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No one rules if no one obeys

We have been brain washed to Assume that the government is the one that grants our rights and that they have the ability to remove those rights when it becomes convenient.
Ferguson was a city where the Bill of Rights was no longer the law of the land.

There was no law in Ferg, I was there, people around me, gun in one hand , bottle of booze in the other, full lawlessness. it was f in crazy..

ETA, The law was nowhere to be found..
edit on 28-11-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It is well friend. I am very aware of stats.... after all I am living proof of such... Thanks!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Life is to short.

And those same people would be no where without government aid, public workers, police, I can go on and on. This isn't the wild west, or the new frontier here. Lets see those same people survive in say China, or India, let them pull them selves up by the boot strap and make something out of themselves without government aid or the privileged western way of life.
Ridiculous comment you made, think before you post something so biased.
you don't get out much do you there's people still living by the law of the land more and more off the grid ........ever used a wood burner ? when shtf these are the people you want on your side.....

How many homeless veterans have you thanked for fighting for your freedom

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Ferguson. . Aghhh. This one will go down (or not) in history.... a lot to be learned here on many sides.... ultimately (as I have eluded to in other threads) the community itself became ones enemy. ... sadly. ... As all or many tragic situations as of late.... this too, could have been prevented. ... or not.... still, a travesty any way the outcome. ...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join