It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Spring To Paris Fall: A Strategic Shift in the Works

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Arab Spring To Paris Fall: A Strategic Shift in the Works

Probably one of the most telling paragraphs that I have yet to see reported domestically....

It is most important to note that when President Hollande declared a state of war with ISIS, he deliberately chose to invoke Article 42.7 of the Lisbon Treaty, not Article V of the NATO treaty. Article 42.7 is the “solidarity clause” that states if a member of the European Union is the victim of “armed aggression on its territory,” other EU member states have an “obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power.” In essence, France chose to work within a European framework, without formally drawing in NATO and the U.S. direction that would entail.

This was a great article and did a fabulous job detailing Putin's chess game... The US has been repeatedly undermined on a global scale by its own President's lack of leadership. Of course, I think this is no mistake. He has always felt we needed to be marginalized.

We have 15 months until he can be removed from office (barring the ever-ready conspiracies blowing in the wind....). Makes you wonder what the world picture will look like by the time that happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsyMakes you wonder what the world picture will look like by the time that happens.

My guess would be what Europe looked like under Neville Chamberlain.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
NATO is a military alliance, member nations all go one way together. Sometimes one or the other lead the charge, but the union as a whole is still aimed at Syria, the goal of toppling the government and removing the lawful ruler hasn't changed, just like all the other nations NATO took out before it. The goal is Eastern Mediterranean Domination and ultimately NWO, blah blah.

Thing is, Syria is taking too long to "Libya-ize". They've had to rename the enemy (ISIS become Daesh), and carry the bombing campaign and insurgency longer that planned.

Now the Russians are directly involved, so the hesitant EU needed a terror infusion to get back on board.

Secret meetings between Obama and Hollande are secret because they don't want anyone hearing their plotting to overthrow Syria together.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
They've had to rename the enemy (ISIS become Daesh),

The enemy hasn't changed.... ISIS/IS/ISIL/Daesh are all the same group. Perhaps you need a breakout explanation??

Isis vs Islamic State vs Isil vs Daesh: What do the different names mean – and why does it matter?

Call them Daesh....it really pisses them off and DE-legitimizes them....

Now the Russians are directly involved, so the hesitant EU needed a terror infusion to get back on board.

What is this supposed to mean? Are you suggesting France was behind its own terror attack?

Secret meetings between Obama and Hollande are secret because they don't want anyone hearing their plotting to overthrow Syria together.

They are far from secret.... And the article already theorized that Putin will get rid of Assad to placate the EU and ME, just not his government....
edit on 28-11-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Except for the fact its not NATO trying to remove assad. Im not sure why you insist on repeating that falsehood.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Are you suggesting France was behind its own terror attack?

Terror attacks, the real ones occurring in the world are not the few casualties in western countries, they are the millions in hapless countries from waging unjust aggressive war to conquer and subjugate nation after nation in the Middle East (and elsewhere).

Don't let the war 'of' terror fool you folks, the perpetrators aren't the ones shooting back.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Except for the fact its not NATO trying to remove assad. Im not sure why you insist on repeating that falsehood.

"Assad" as you put isn't The goal. The goal is conquering Syria, the government, the resources, the territory and the people.

When the propaganda says "Assad must go" thats cover for conquering the whole nation.

Ad yes, NATO is the military arm, hidden behind benign terms like the "Coalition".

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsyMakes you wonder what the world picture will look like by the time that happens.

God you really want world war 3 dont you?

I am guessing you have your own bunker to keep you safe when the world goes to #.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
edit: I removed my post because upon rereading it I realized it made no sense whatsoever.

: )
edit on 11/28/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I am guessing you have your own bunker to keep you safe when the world goes to #.

That's amusing. That's exactly what Chamberlain got us.

Want peace? Prepare for war...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

No one will win WW3

We are not in 1939, Russia, USA,Israel,UK,France and China are not pointing conventional weapons at each other.

If WW3 breaks we ALL LOSE.

Therefore WW3 is to be avoided at all costs!

Unless i see Russian tanks pouring through Poland action against Russia needs to be economic ONLY.

National pride and geopolitical squabbling is not worth turning all our countrys into radioactive craters.

edit on 28-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I don't think Obama is leaving office.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

They are far from secret.... And the article already theorized that Putin will get rid of Assad to placate the EU and ME, just not his government….

World leaders could just call each other on the phone, but travel back and forth, round the world, meeting face to face to keep anyone from eavesdropping. If you really knew what they discuss (carving up the spoils of war) and plot (overthrowing nations)…

well, maybe you do know.

Its about the money, from loans, for arms to destroy, and contracts to rebuild. IT's about enslaving the whole world to endless debt, repaying the interest on the loans… forever.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
edit: I removed my post because upon rereading it I realized it made no sense whatsoever.

: )

Some others should take note.....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Great article; thanks for bringing it to our attention! I was particularly interested in this paragraph:
"Bringing in a UN commission of some kind to have a new look at Sykes-Picot and British-French borders drawn at another time of history could enable all parties to give serious consideration to reshaping not only Syria, but the Syria-Iraq volatile mix of inherently incompatible cultures and regimes. All engaged parties should consider reshaping the SYIRAQ boundaries in a UN sponsored Peace Process."

That sounds like something that could work quite well. Its obvious that the post war borders as drawn up by the European powers after WWI are entirely unworkable. For one thing, as suggested, this would provide an opportunity to restore Kurdistan, but that would mean having to seriously kick some Turkish butt to force them to agree to giving up some property.

I somewhat take exception to your characterization of the problem the US being undermined by this President and his lack of leadership. His lack of leadership is largely a result of the lack of resolve on the part of the US Political class and their recognition that the US is no longer either financially nor socially capable of play cop on the world stage. Albeit not entirely obvious, the US Economy is on life support and that life support has come at the cost of crippling national debt burden. At the same time, US society has become incredibly fractious and fractured as its Balkanized along racial, religious, regional and cultural lines. The US is coming to resemble a Nation Un-Becoming and there's no public support for a land war in the Middle East. There's little public support for the US Political class.

And for that reason, I'd guess that within months of Clinton being elected to the White House, people will be criticising her for lack of reslolve and for providing weak leadership.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I didn't have to read far before I seen the contextualizing of different times and different situations on the ground .Putin's move into Syria upset all the apple carts and now it seems that the narrative needs to change as well as what kind of options need to be used . I suspect that Mr. Putin and his advisers will use the shift to his advantage . The information war is kind of balanced (thank God ) but it would seem that there are moves to isolate independent media as well . I look at ATS being a very good place to aggregate what sources that can still get out . Lets hope we don't get shut down ..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

again no and constantly repeating the falsehood still doesnt change the fact its a falsehood.

(post by Xcathdra removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Fair is fair but do you think the Kurds or other groups like the Yemenize ...There is more to the region then Syria and the Philistines have been crying about this for ever .

That sounds like something that could work quite well. Its obvious that the post war borders as drawn up by the European powers after WWI are entirely unworkable. For one thing, as suggested, this would provide an opportunity to restore Kurdistan, but that would mean having to seriously kick some Turkish butt to force them to agree to giving up some property.
If it was to be done in historical order then many might agree but you have the Israel question ...pre 67 borders anyone ????

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

No one will win WW3

We are not in 1939, Russia, USA,Israel,UK,France and China are not pointing conventional weapons at each other.

If WW3 breaks we ALL LOSE.

Therefore WW3 is to be avoided at all costs!

Unless i see Russian tanks pouring through Poland action against Russia needs to be economic ONLY.

National pride and geopolitical squabbling is not worth turning all our countrys into radioactive craters.

The temptations of leaders or their insanities haven't changed since time immemorial, never mind '39.

Fear of consequence is STLL the best deterrent. Want peace? Prepare for war....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join