It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gremlins 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Remember the movie Gremlins from the 80's? Well, I do and I happy to announce that Gremlins 3 is on the way!

The 51-year-old actor, who played the unwitting hero Billy Peltzer in the first two films, shared the exciting news during a Q&A after a screening of the original film in London earlier this week.

"It's not going to be a reboot. It will not be a remake in any way, shape, or form," Galligan said, stressing that the third film will continue where the series left off 25 years ago.

This is a sequel I will definitely pay to see. What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That's great news, absolutely love the Gremlins movies. I saw Gremlins 2 at the cinema, Christopher Lee ( one of my 2 favourite actors, alongside Vincent Price) was fantastic as Dr Catheter (such a great name ). Really looking forward to this one.

edit on 28-11-2015 by kansas because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2015 by kansas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This movie always reminds me of the xmas my father attempted to climb down the chimney like Santa....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

As long as they don't use CGI and stick with puppets or animatronics.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kansas

Loved Gremlins growing up.

Check out " Key and Peele gremlins 2 brainstorm" on YouTube for a great laugh for fans of the movie
I'd put put it up but I'm mobile right now

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Cool!

I just saw the first one yesterday, so this is awesome news.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It'll be a dark origin story-That's been the flavor of the month for the last decade, And I bet Andy Serkis will be the motion capture Gizmo.

I have no faith in reboots-after the thing, Amityville, the Omen...They just don't make the cut. If these passionate directors want to 'recreate the feeling' of the original movies then give everyone fifty bucks so they can buy the originals!

Battleship? Who in their right mind would green light a production that costs tens of millions of dollars on a movie that's based on a board game that is nothing like said board game?!? Jeebus fracking Christ.

I'm sorry this reply should've been a rant.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm curious about the movie, because I LOVED Gremlins back in the day, but at the same time I'm worried. To be fair, though, I'm one of those guys who hates most mainstream stuff, and feels that hollywood tends to ruin most things they try to reboot/change/continue.

I am glad to hear that it's not a reboot/remake, but depending on what the story will be will determine if I want to see it or not. Since Billy is going to star in it, and it's 25 years later in real life, I'd like to see it set 25 years later in the movie-verse. Maybe someone gets a mogwai, makes all the same mistakes Billy did, and gremlins start wreaking havoc. So, the people in charge call in an expert, which would be Billy.

What I don't want to see, though, is Gizmo. Don't get me wrong, I loved Gizmo back in the day(but still prefered the gremlins), but if it's going to be 25 years later, my brain keeps telling me Gizmo should be dead by then. Granted, we don't know how long mogwais live, but to have Gizmo star in it will make it really cheesy. The same kind of bad cheesy that the Star Wars prequels did whenever they'd force a cameo appearance for characters we know and love. Same as with the X-Men films, when they'd toss in characters we wanted to see, even if just for 5 seconds. I would be ok with a new mogwai taking the place of Gizmo, but not Gizmo.

I'm also hoping they go for the same feeling the original movie did, where even though it can be funny, it's actually trying to be scary at the same time, rather than the full out campy feeling of the second.

I guess in the long run, all I'm doing is setting myself up for disappointment, because I worry about how Hollywood will handle this movie. They have a shot at making it great, but I feel they're going to make it terrible.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Another utterly dumb, pointless reboot of a franchise that should be left where it was - the past.
They were cool movies and loadsa fun when I was younger.
WTF is wrong with Hollywood? They just have to mess with EVERYTHING!! Are there no original ideas any more?

*sigh*

I secretly hope it's great if they do make it... but I have no hope really.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Meh. I thought the first one (saw it in the theater) was so-so at best. It's controversy (and Temple of Doom's) gave us the PG-13 rating. That said, I guess it was kinda entertaining and all when the commercials made it seem like it was a kid/family movie and it ended up being a (slightly) horror movie.

Ah the days when you actually found out what something was like by going there first hand. Now my phone tells me if a movie sucks. But I don't need a phone to know how Gremlins 3 is gonna go.

top topics

join