It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPU compatibility question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 11/28/2015 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
shouldn't be a problem as your whole system barely draws any power there will be plenty to go for the GPU, PCIE 3.0 has no real performance benefit at the moment, it is backwards compatible so it will run just fine on your 2.0 slot.

is your RAM DDR3? if it is then 1333 is perfectly fine, I have 8gigs of DDR3 at 1333 and have no issues at all.

FO4 is pretty optimized and not that demanding to be honest, I can run it maxed 1080p with a PII 955 at 3.8Ghz and a GTX 760, there are some fps dips in certain areas but it gets 50-60 fps almost everywhere, according to the requirements I wouldn't even run it on medium but that is obviously not true, you could probably run it on low with decent fps with a dual core.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

I'm about 99% sure it's DDR3.

I would love to try and run FO4, even if at crap quality, but right now I don't want to pay that price for the off chance it's unplayable.

I need like a demo to try or something. I could probably Torrent it, but I'm really trying to turn a new leaf and acquire my games more legit these days.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

true, sadly no demo
but I guess torrenting it to test how it works isn't that wrong really

according to this guy on youtube he can run it at 20 fps or so and he has a weaker GPU, what is the exact model of your CPU? maybe you have one of the stronger dual cores.

FO4 aside, you will probably run older games easily with good fps and maybe even med-high settings, if you have one of those stronger dual cores even better.
edit on 28 11 2015 by Vamana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

I'm not exactly sure which dual core it is. I will have to pull up my service tag when I get home this evening.

I'm indifferent on playing FO4 on my pc really. I want to play it in all of its glory on a Xbone or PS4.

If I can run older games with smooth consistent FSP then I really can't ask for more from my lil rig.

So far I'm feeling more confident with the responses so I think I will pull the trigger on it and try it out. Either it will be better or I will be in the same boat. At least I am not going backwards with it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Okay, so I picked up my card today. I got the PNY GeForce GTX 750 Performance Edition

I have not had a whole lot of time to really play with it and get into any numbers, but so far it pairs BEAUTIFULLY with my mediocre lil rig. I had it installed, updated and playing games in less than 30 mins. It would have been quicker, but I had a panic because the dang thing BARELY fit. I had to sacrifice one of my optical drives as the SATA connector for it was blocking the card at the mother board. Who uses optical drives these days anyway.

So far it played both Skyrim and Fallout 3 at ultra settings flawlessly. My PSX2 emulator ran amazingly as well as a few other smaller games that were sketchy (Besiege, Goat Simulator)

Later when I have more time I will mess around and see just what kind of FPS I'm getting but for now it meets everything I wanted it for.

Now I need to procure a copy of ESO as I'm confident it will play nicely.

Edit: I forgot to mention a few things:

The card doesn't require the additional 6 pin power supply. This worked out great as I don't have that connector on my PSU.
It has 3 outputs: DVI-A, DVI-D and mini hdmi. PNY was gracious and included a DVI-A to VGA adapter and also a mini hdmi to standard hdmi adapter. Thank you PNY as my monitor is a VGA.

edit on 12 1 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Sweet! works even better than I expected.

a lot of people underestimate dual cores these days, they can still hold their own even on newer games with a decent GPU, most of the fancy expensive CPU's are waaaaay overkill for almost all games, a mid range quad core or a high range dual core and you are basically set for most new games that come out, my 5 year old Phenom II 955 is still kicking everything I throw at it

Enjoy .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join