It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Tremendous Act of Empathy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I can see where you are coming from but on this occasion im inclined to go with the glass is half full interpretation as apposed to the half empty version.

Possibly i'm being naive in doing so because of the time of year, but at the end of the day the response from the homeless Man and his wish to share what was given speaks volumes.

I suppose we need to ask our self's why does anyone post anything on YouTube? Posterity, self gratification, boredom there are apparently a multitude of reasons.
edit on 28-11-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

youtube hits.

Josh PalerLin is one the worst exploiters of the homeless.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Again im not suggesting you are not correct but like i have said previously in the thread my main interest was with the Homeless Mans reaction and wish to share his windfall. Personalty that's what i take from the video, right or wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not to belittle his action too much but it's a clear sign (to me) of how we are so eager to throw money at something and pretend that it makes things better.

What would really make a difference would be to guide this man in the right direction, or invest that money into a place that can do that for homeless people so they are not so vulnerable out on the street 24/7.

Just my cynical opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Could not agree more. People need proper help, not just handouts. The saying "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" would seem to apply.

Still think it was a kind gesture and the Mans reaction and response was heartwarming/heart breaking, depending on how you look at it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

What would really make a difference would be to guide this man in the right direction, or invest that money into a place that can do that for homeless people so they are not so vulnerable out on the street 24/7.

Really make a difference? How do you know it didn't? You're just assuming. The guy gave a homeless man a thousand dollars out of the goodness of his heart and you believe the best approach would be for the donor to also guide this man through the rest of his life? Wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join