It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Turned 40 today...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: the owlbear

I turned 41 last July and I still haven't mentally adjusted to 40. I think about it, I mean actually think about it if I have to state my age for any reason and I'm still wondering how the hell it happened. I still feel young! No different really than my 20's and 30's. I definitely have changed, my beliefs and values are the same as when I was young just more honed. I do have arthritis and don't have the same endurance that I did but I'm not jaded, I still like new things, I still go dancing just about every Friday.

I just can't digest that I'm 40, well 41.

I know how you feel, Happy Birthday all the same.

I'm still 33 in my mind. Up from 28 recently.
I thought I would feel some profound sense of something. But it is all relative. Thanks, Kali!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
40 is what the calendar calls you. What you call yourself is what really matters.

Happy Birthday.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thanks again all.
It's just a little lonely. I moved halfway across the country with my ex. I have one good friend 40 minutes away and my awesome girlfriend. She makes it all better.

I work as a baker. So I get up at 2:30 this morning and get in my car...she left me a tiny present on my rearview mirror. A custom Lego Dr. Strange, my favorite comic book character. Then she had other presents waiting for me. I'm blessed that I have the Love of my Life who cares so much about me. That makes my birthday a real holiday. And I have you all, my ats friends to share it with. Again, thanks all. I hope your day is as awesome as mine has been.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Happy Birthday OwlBear! When you hit mine at 53, you will like today. You know, being 40... LOL!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
40 is what the calendar calls you. What you call yourself is what really matters.

Happy Birthday.

Does entering your second childhood count?
edit on 28-11-2015 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Happy Birthday!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: ketsuko

Happy Birthday.

Does entering your second childhood count?

Hell, I'm 57 and I don't think I ever left my first childhood! LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
First of all welcome.

I am over 60 and if I was to say how old I actually "feel' it would be early 30's. I keep waiting to grow up, I just don't feel an adult yet... although I have 2 sons who are married.

Each decade goes faster, I recall my 40th and thinking I was getting old. How stupid was I, the next 10 years went in a heart beat and I had another party for my 50th. Turn around and another 10 years went by and I had my 60th birthday.

I started a new career and retrained when I was 61, I work hard and play hard. I aim to enjoy every bit of life I have left, and I am very aware that in minutes I will be 70 and in seconds 80, if I live that long.

We are only here a very short time and it is such a privilege to be alive - denied to many - so enjoy each day.
edit on 28-11-2015 by easystreet because: mis spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I told myself that I was going to be in the best shape of my life when I turned 40. At 39 1/2 I started running every day. Lifting weights. Really got into it. When I turned 40 I felt amazing... I just forgot to keep it up. The 40s can be a bit of a slow-down if you aren't careful. Keep yourself in check brother. Happy birthday.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

First up happy birthday , but you are only as old as you feel . A little story . A very good mate of mine told me a story , sadly he has passed but his words rung true . He was in a bar and a friend of his came up and said , my eldest lad is 28 years old and still acts like he is 18 , how old before they grow up . His reply was , i am 72 , you better ask someone a lot older than me . True words , i guess that i am still a teenager .

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I made the adjustment last year ....first I wanted to change my DOB so I could stay 39 I think now screw it I'm good I'm 42 next year and that according to hitch hikers guide that is a good year

edit on 29-11-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: I really hate this ipad

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear I remember when I was 40, I was still on active duty. Now 25 years later it seems like a life time ago. 40 is not old YET. Hell 65 is not old. I look at my 84 year old dad who still plays golf every week. I think damn I am still young enough to do what ever I desire, just have to be careful and not do anything foolish. Congrats on making it to 40 still in one piece.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: easystreet

I keep waiting to grow up, I just don't feel an adult yet... although I have 2 sons who are married.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join