It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Warns Russia Not To 'Play With Fire'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It looks like is going to be hard to keep up with news poring in from all the sides in the regard to Russian-Turkish "brawl " . Being one of the members who has started few threads on the matter, I can tell is getting a bit harder to include all the information within one thread. Trying not to spread panic or playing into the fear mongering hype, however news coming from the region is not good and escalation is happening as we speak. After Russia's claim that was back stabbed by Turkey in the downing of the russian aircraft and the taking down of the turkish convoy with weapon addressed to ISIS, turkish president Erdogan says in a tv appearance in northern part of his country that Russia shouldn't play with fire. The nerve on the dude.

A war of words between Turkey and Russia escalates as Putin accuses the US of knowing the flight path of the downed Russian jet. Turkey's president has warned Vladimir Putin not to "play with fire" as their war of words continues over the downing of a jet.

President Recep Erdogan says he does not want to harm relations with Russia and hopes to meet Mr Putin "face to face" in Paris next week.

But the Russian President is refusing to contact Mr Erdogan directly because Ankara does not want to apologise, a Putin aide said.

In another development, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Moscow would suspend the visa-free scheme with Turkey from the New Year.

news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Another news source has the the same subject with more at length. Looks like the escalation is following all the known steps of a conflict, going back to the diplomatic one and to obviously leave space to a direct military confrontation.

Turkish president Erdogan warns Russia not to 'play with fire'; Russian visas for Turkish nationals suspended
Turkish president Tayyip Erdogan has warned Russia not to "play with fire", but says he does not want to harm relations with Moscow, comments that look more likely to inflame rather than quell the dispute over a downed Russian bomber.

Relations between the former Cold War antagonists are at their worst in recent memory after Turkey shot down the jet near the Syrian border on Monday.

Russia has threatened economic retaliation against Ankara, which Turkey has dismissed as "emotional" and "unfitting".

"We very sincerely recommend to Russia not to play with fire," Mr Erdogan told supporters during a speech in Bayburt, in northeast Turkey.

www.abc.net.au...

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Turkey shouldnt have downed the jet simple as that.

Juggling hot potatoes saying catch to Russia and then saying not to play with fire...

Bloody ottomans.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord

Bloody ottomans.

Yep, and the mentality remains the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Read this the other day and thought I would put it in this thread . "

“Turkey Go Home!” - a Strong Message From Crimea

Russia is determined to end the decades old Ottoman influence on the peninsula "

"It’s no secret that Turkey has always been a source of problems in the Crimea, whether it was part of the Ukraine or Russia. Turkey has always considered the Crimea as their territory, only temporarily lost by the Ottoman Empire. Because of that, they have constantly created problems, which strengthened rapidly after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

The Mejlis of the Crimean-Tatar people and its head Dzhemilev, are Turkish political projects that use parts of the Crimean-Tatar population to cause problems to whoever owns Crimea in the hope of eventually getting it back.

In fact, the Ukraine didn’t officially recognize the situation until the referendum of March 16th, 2014, followed by Kiev’s recognition of the Majlis on March 20th, which was four days after the formal loss of the Crimea.

The events of recent months and especially the last few days are an opportunity for the Russian leadership and the people of Crimea to change everything. What could not be done before the energy blockade of the Crimea, and especially, before the downing of the Russian bomber by Turkey, is likely to now become feasible. " russia-insider.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

"It’s no secret that Turkey has always been a source of problems in the Crimea, whether it was part of the Ukraine or Russia. Turkey has always considered the Crimea as their territory, only temporarily lost by the Ottoman Empire. Because of that, they have constantly created problems, which strengthened rapidly after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

I have to agree with you. I do have an interests in global politics and I do follow a lot ex superpowers and their behavior. Turkey has been doing the same in the Balcans too. They have the nerve to consider that part of Europe as theirs and have been messing around a lot with bosnian people, albanians and macedonians. Their secret service is heavily on the ground in those countries and more than once have been caught inciting religious conflicts, protests against the governments and so forth. For 500 years ottomans plagued those areas, killed and murdered thousands and hundred of thousands of people, destroyed their culture, banned those people from learning their own language and persecuted them when they did so, wiped out traces of their origin and authenticity, forcefully converted them to islam from christianity... and now have the nerve to sell morals and dogma to the world?

Talk about irony...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord
Turkey shouldnt have downed the jet simple as that.

Juggling hot potatoes saying catch to Russia and then saying not to play with fire...

Bloody ottomans.

Agreed, there was also something else that Erdogan said in that same TV Statement which I thought was odd, some kind of reference as to who the Russians were engaging in Syria, I can't remember the exact wording, but the implication seemed to make any idea that Turkey attacked the Russian aircraft because it was in Turkish airspace pretty much moot!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Sorry to interrupt your doom, but here bbc Erdogan is saddened about the Russian jet and says "it shouldn't have happened."

Add: same story different colour, i guess, because he also accuses russia to play with fire, but the context is different.
Quite interesting to compare...
edit on 28-11-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Turkey claimed that Russia had bombed a aid convoy ,but the aid was not humanitarian but was actually weapons .Turkey is claiming the Terkmen tribes are the good guys who just happen to have TOW missiles ..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Sorry to interrupt your doom...

Interesting choice of words. I hope my doom is not disrupting your sheep wearing a helmet or the helmet covering a sheep.

On the subject, the bbc article says that too:

Recep Tayyip Erdogan's expression of "sadness" is an olive branch.

But I take you forgot to add the quotations.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ey! No need to be so rude. I just thought it was interesting how the BBC was slightly downplaying the danger in the situation...
Is this personal to you, or why get so insulting? All pumped up finally a war, yeah! Or what is your deal?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Ey! No need to be so rude. I just thought it was interesting how the BBC was slightly downplaying the danger in the situation...
Is this personal to you, or why get so insulting? All pumped up finally a war, yeah! Or what is your deal?

No deal and absolutely not rude. Just your post seamed that of a troll and we're seeing way to many recently. But if my reply offended you, I do apologize. Wasn't my intention.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This happened too. www.rt.com...

"Almost 1.7mn Crimeans on emergency electricity supplies, no power coming from Ukraine:
An emergency situation in Crimea caused by a cut in electricity from Ukraine is ongoing, and might be of a “longstanding effect,” Russia’s Emergency Ministry said on Sunday. Electricity in the region is being provided via alternative power sources.

Some 1.67 million people in the area, including almost 1.39 million in Russia’s Republic of Crimea and around 280,000 in the city of Sevastopol have been cut off from power supplies since Sunday evening, along with some 300 public infrastructure buildings, including schools and kindergartens, Russia’s Energy Ministry said."

Someone blew up the transmission lines, apparently.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Kind of caught in the (middle)east there, "Turkman". On the one hand Russia offered you to be an energy hub for Europe with pipe lines and a nuclear power plant.

On the other you're a tool of NATO, having to prove loyalty to the occupying warmongers from the west.

You're the one playing with fire dragon, from both directions. What ever are you going to do?
edit on 28-11-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I hear that a lot, maybe i should work on me always trying to put some humor into the wordsoup.

Back on topic, there are others news google list writing from a different angle. I find the RT one interesting "did Washington just tell Erdogan to man-up"...
Pretty telling. All propaganda machines tell a slightly different story!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I would turn it around and say "Turkey, don't play with fire".

Do they honestly think that NATO will come for their aid if Russia should attack them?
(Yea, i know the musketeer thing in the NATO rules, but really ?)

Imho, Russia will not do anything serious to Turkey.
The new visa-rules, and the petty sanctions, are a clear message enough.

Why can't Erdogan not just say "damn! we are sorry, our bad" - which it clearly is?
Eventhou if it meant for Erdogan to be lying, the bomber-shoot-down-story would almost have been forgotten now.

Why oh why? This reckless behaviour is just plain stupid!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

There is a good chance that after the completion of this bridge that power lines will be follow or may be happening right now .
ETA things may be getting a bit hot inside Turkey as well ...nothing new but kind ofmakes you think

edit on 28-11-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
they should just match Erdogan's payout

Potentially, a large popular opposition coalition could potentially remove the "parliamentary immunity", paving the way for ousting him out of office. Although this still looks unlikely, it is not entirely impossible.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You know this reminds me of a game image. Red Alert 2, the cover looks somewhat like Putin when he was younger. And he has an eye patch covering his right. Which means that he is forced to view the world through his LEFT eye.

Goats on the left. Sheep on the right.

How did they deduce that the US knew the flight path? How about less accusations from Putin and more hard evidence instead of just stirring the pot? That seems to be Putin's strong point. Accusations without providing evidence. It's unprofessional for a Russian president.
edit on 28-11-2015 by Miracula2 because: added more info

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Erdogan warning Putin...that's cute.

After it was ERDOGAN that pulled a move that basically NO other nation would have pulled on a freaking PARTNER. They were partners, Putin literally has no policy against Turkey, no bad blood of any kind....he bombs the oil refineries...and voila Erdogan coincidentally shoots a plane of his down 2 days later.

WTF????

And Erdogan 'warning' Russia? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Putin could vaporize Turkey in a split second. Even with conventional warfare, Turkey would be done in 3 weeks maximum.

Erdogan has lost his Mother F****ING mind
edit on 28-11-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join