It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black lives matter movement = Domestic Terrorism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have been thinking about the BLM since the Dartmouth College incident. It is my opinion it will not be long before these people will make the mistake and injure some innocent person, who just happened to be in the wrong place. The actions of this group leads me to believe that the whole lot of them should be arrested on domestic terrorism charges. The way they have abused the people they have interactions with is exactly the definition of what terrorism is. I am actually surprised that arrests have not been made yet.

I haven't participated in this thread, because honestly, some things are just too ridiculous to post in, this being one of those. But , wth, I thought I'd add my two.

To call a group of college protesters "a domestic terrorist organization" is beyond the pale. College kids protest. When I was in college we protested too. It's quite common. They've made some mistakes, and I would love to see someone like Julian Bond sign up to be their advisor, as clearly they could use some guidance.

But to call them "terrorists" Is plain and out ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
To the OP...it is not terrorism. Sorry. What it is, is a bunch of people (black in this case) that think the deserve special treatment. They think they are special while they are just another one of all of us. They don't deserve anything but what everyone else has which is freedom to succeed or fail based upon your actions or inactions. They are a prime example of the Obama phone culture that elected a President based upon what they thought he would give them.

Groups like this especially amaze me. Usually black people involved in this amazes me even more. We keep hearing how slavery and racism has "kept them down" which implies they have tried but can't succeed due to slavery and racism. But they want "stuff" for free...handouts from the government.

Now...if they really got what they wanted, things, handouts etc. we know where that leads. Eventually the government becomes the ruler of the people because they control everything the people get. The people rely on the government to survive. And become...ready for it...slaves.

How does that mentality make sense?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think that BLM are more concerned about society ignoring the fact that a lot of African-Americans have been getting shot for no reason whatsoever by the police. And I also suspect that you have not the faintest idea about the truth behind the lie that people voted for Obama 'because free stuff'.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Julian Bond made this comment a few weeks before he died about three months ago.

Q: I’m sure you’ve heard of the argument of Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter, would you want to weigh in on that argument?

A: I think it’s a nonsensical argument. Nobody who says black lives matter is saying white lives don’t matter. That’s an opposition that doesn’t exist. So it’s really silly to talk about these things in this way.

www.kentwired.com...

When asked what has been the message of his life's work, he said "Equal rights for Everybody".

Rest in Peace, Senator Bond.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Maybe if they didn't parade around universities and project a sense of white-guilt people would support them more.

Poor black communities do need support from their city more often. However, poor black communities also need to work on changing their communities themselves.

For example, in the southside of chicago a lot of hospitals and even some schools were moved away from the black communities. That is really hurting the communities there. I believe job opportunities have been declining too.

However, being poor and having a lot of violence in these communities is also a large part of the problem. Nobody wants to invest businesses in an extremely violent community.

All I see from BLM is some general blame on society for black community problems. It seems more like a political correctness movement rather than something martin luther king would be apart of.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I think that BLM are more concerned about society ignoring the fact that a lot of African-Americans have been getting shot for no reason whatsoever by the police. And I also suspect that you have not the faintest idea about the truth behind the lie that people voted for Obama 'because free stuff'.

This all boils down to a lack of personal responsibility and a lack of respect for authority. If these guys that where killed simply stopped, laid down their weapons, and put their hands up and just did what hey where told they most likely would be alive today.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: AboveBoard

a reply to: Spiramirabilis I know exactly what rioting is. I have seen it up close. As far as black lives matter. I fall into the camp that all lives matter. My Christan faith tells me so. I defended this country for 22 years to make sure all lives matter. The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe. I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

You are over-reaching, sir. While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel it is a dangerous one.

But isn't it within their rights as U.S. Citizens, regardless if they are protesting for BLM or for those with stinky feet, to voice their concerns and protest?

No one is stopping any other races from doing the same thing on issues that are important to them, right?

sure but if white people do it we are racist, KKK, white supremacist, right wing radicals, and the list goes on!

Yet even though the KKK & other white supremacist groups have been killing other Americans since the 1860s, they still haven't been treated as domestic terrorists. It's not even illegal to be a member of the neo-Nazis, even though thousands of Americans were killed fighting the actual Nazis.

So even if your argument was correct, why should BLM be treated like domestic terrorists if those groups aren't?

I never said they should be treated as terrorist! I never said they shouldn't exist! My issue is they focus all their energy on the little things and totally ignore the biggest issue black people in todays America face. Black on black murder!

I havent seen one BLM protest have anything to do with violence created by another black! Ironically blacks killing blacks is the biggest cause of death!

Be honest. Have you actually looked into the protests and community initiatives against black on black crime? Because our communities have plenty of different organizations & initiatives that focus on them. Even the Nation of Islam works with the communities & churches to fight gang violence and with programs to prevent people from getting involved in gangs. It's not our fault the media you pay attention to doesn't mention these initiatives.

BLM is a movement that's focused on getting the criminal justice system to treat us fairly. That's it. It's not focused on the other things, just as it's not focused on fighting cancers & high blood pressure, which also kill our people. That's like expecting PETA to protest against fossil fuels & drunk driving.

So I don't understand your comments about them. Or are you angry because they don't focus on even more issues? As in, you want them to be a movement full of MLK's, Malcolm X's & W.E.B. Dubois's, that focus on the entire social, political, and economic situation?

Edit to add: To be fair, I mentioned the part about us being treated as domestic terrorists because that's what the OP & thread title are about. It seemed like your posts were agreeing with the OP, hence my response. So my bad if that's not what you meant. But remember, we can't read your mind; we can only read what you type. So if your posts read a certain way, that's what we'll respond to.

mY issue with BLM is they go around disturbing peoplenad things that have nothing to do with their issue. Do kids studying in a college library infringe on their rights? no! Do people shopping at a store infringe on their rights? no. Do some police officers overstep? hell yes. Who kills blacks in record numbers? Other blacks mostly in inner cites.

Can you not see the hypocrisy in that?

1. BLM is not a terrorist movement and IMO they have a right to protest!

2. BLM had 100% right to protest. They have a legitimate grievance.

The issue as stated is the direction and venues for their protest are miss guided. Protest those that you have issue with.

BLM kids is colleges are creating a issue when they need their safe spaces yet they go to other kids sanctuaries and force others to either give up their safe space or try to coerce others to buy into their cause or else!

IMO Obama the great community organizer has a hand in this. He says nothing about what is going on and he doesn't nothing and says nothing about the biggest foe facing black Americans, Other black Americans!
edit on 29-11-2015 by sirlancelot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Case in point. If these college kids dont get what they want they whine about it. They need to grow up!

So apparently services only count if it come from a black staff member!

College kids demand black staff

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't think racism is a real thing anyway. All racism is, is a way for historical ghosts, who took some things personal, to make white people today feel guilty, about a time in which they did not live, nor know anything about.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
I don't think racism is a real thing anyway. All racism is, is a way for historical ghosts, who took some things personal, to make white people today feel guilty, about a time in which they did not live, nor know anything about.

So you think America's "Indian Removal Act" ,"Black Codes", and nearly 100 years of "Jim Crow" laws which mandated racial segregation weren't "real"? The US literally just stopped being racially segregated in the 1960s. And bans on interracial marriages were only struck down in 1967 (and virtually every state in the Southeast had bans on interracial marriages). Tens of millions of people are still alive from the Segregation time period, and many want it to go back to those policies. Black people couldn't even testify in court against a white person or be on a jury against a white person back then. That's not real racism to you?

And what about South Africa's "Apartheid system", which controlled modern day Namibia until 1990 and South Africa until 1994? That's recent history and anyone over the age of 21 was alive when those policies were in place.

Besides, people need to learn about the historical racism of "Scientific Racism", "white supremacy", and the belief in the "Curse of Ham" because many groups and organizations still preach tenets from them right now. You know, that whole "learn from the past so you're not destined to repeat it" thing.
edit on 30-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

a reply to: Spiramirabilis I know exactly what rioting is. I have seen it up close. As far as black lives matter. I fall into the camp that all lives matter. My Christan faith tells me so. I defended this country for 22 years to make sure all lives matter. The problem is for some ideological reasoning some people think we should be sorted out into different colors.

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe. I don't have to feel comfortable with everything the protestors do or say, but this is America, and last I checked, our Constitution allows them to protest peacefully and speak their minds about their perceptions of injustice, in the hope of affecting change.

You are over-reaching, sir. While I respect your right to your opinion, I feel it is a dangerous one.

But isn't it within their rights as U.S. Citizens, regardless if they are protesting for BLM or for those with stinky feet, to voice their concerns and protest?

No one is stopping any other races from doing the same thing on issues that are important to them, right?

sure but if white people do it we are racist, KKK, white supremacist, right wing radicals, and the list goes on!

Yet even though the KKK & other white supremacist groups have been killing other Americans since the 1860s, they still haven't been treated as domestic terrorists. It's not even illegal to be a member of the neo-Nazis, even though thousands of Americans were killed fighting the actual Nazis.

So even if your argument was correct, why should BLM be treated like domestic terrorists if those groups aren't?

I never said they should be! I said they have a right to protest. I just think their objective, targets, and venues are mis guided.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They were just the blue collar workers of their day, that's all.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Excuse me? Do you know nothing about the Jim Crow era?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

This all boils down to a lack of personal responsibility and a lack of respect for authority. If these guys that where killed simply stopped, laid down their weapons, and put their hands up and just did what hey where told they most likely would be alive today.

(Facepalm)
All too often they had no weapons. But they were still gunned down.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Perhaps you should understand it better as "Black Lives Matter TOO." If some of them feel other races don't matter, well, that's their lack of maturity, but really, all I'm seeing is that they want their specific issues addressed, not washed away in some general phrase "all lives matter." Of course all lives matter - so why don't their lives matter as much?? That's the point, I believe.

really that's a lie and you know it because if that type of mentality was in the BLM movement it wouldn't be called BLM it would have been called All live matter. Funny that type of logic was addressed and found offensive to the BLM movement supporters.

I honestly think the biggest mistake they made was calling it "Black Lives Matter/BLM" instead of "Black Lives Matter too/BLM2". That simple difference would've cleared up so much confusion. They expected most people to understand the context for their grievances, but apparently they were too naive. No matter how many times people explain it, there will always be people who interpret "Black Lives Matter" to mean "Only Black Lives Matter".

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join