It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force drone pilots expose U.S. government of murder.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Edward Snowden...times four! Just read a bunch of other articles about this. And I want to hear Obama deny this.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Don't answer him, its against site TnC to solicit personal information from other members, and he knows it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Don't answer him, its against site TnC to solicit personal information from other members, and he knows it.

Except for the fact its in his user name, as was pointed out.

You are just bound and determined to troll arent you. Controlling thread topics by derailing is also a T and C violation.

How about you tell us your thoughts on drone uses and collateral damage. Is it acceptable being part of a war zone? How about the use of barrel bombs on civilians?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: stuthealien

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: stuthealien

again if you join the military expect to have to kill or get a job at mc donalds flipping burgers or maybe flower arranging

Killing someone or flipping burgers?

I'll flip burgers.......

see i'm fine with your choice but those who join the military and then complain about killing are wrong .
but you have not joined and are serving food which is good as i expect us real men could do with a burger when on leave

Can you kill a human simply because your government tells you to?

yes that is the job requirement i would not hesitate

You sound like the perfect pawn.

*shakes head*

Your kind is the reason we continue perpetual war.

This is not a valid comeback. You can't "defeat" a logical, reasoned argument solely with your private, personal finger wagging and head shaking and snarky dismissiveness.

Well, not in the real world that most adults inhabit. Maybe wherever you're posting from.

Well that is just like your opinion, man.

not sure if sarcasm... or?

lol, my post was 100 % serious.

Your reply is right out of Bill & Ted. Thus, I started to think that your whole series of posts was spoofing the liberal mindset.

Sorry bro, I don't war hawk like a boss.

First of all, I'm not a liberal, and second of all mindless wars are pretty stupid. Problem?

is your name stevieray because you are blind to logic?

You certainly are a liberal if you can't even admit that some wars are necessary to avoid a greater tragedy, or claim that anybody who knows this is "hawking war".

That's supremely illogical.

I agree, mindless wars are definitely stupid. And bad. Hitler, Hussein, Milosevic, Mussolini, Hirohito, ISIS, AQ, Taliban, Boko Haram come to mind. Not so much American attempts to stop them.

Yeah man, we sure are stopping all the terrorists at the source.

Like I said, your username fits you well.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Obama caught again lying and distorting..

He’s fighting terrorism with cowardly murder that makes it worst

And now, so he could fight a fake war against ISIS, he comes up with the lie that he doesn’t want to kill civilians, that’s why his bombing effort is so puny.

edit on 28-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

As opposed to russia attacking anything but isis?

The goal is to limit civilian casualties.. Why attack that yet remain silent on the indiscriminate killing of civilians.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
LOL a few posts ago a member asked a question ?! Can you stevie , xcthadra or someone answer it please. Under hitler all the soldiers committing millions of murders weren't really doing anything wrong , ryt ? oh so no nazi ! yay! Hey they joined the military ! next thing you know, your superior tells you shoot at your house , its an order ! push the button !
lol you can fool yourself , you can't fool the rest of the world . Really its a murder when its convenient to you ?!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NewGuySoTrollMe

It was answered.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Under hitler all the soldiers committing millions of murders weren't really doing anything wrong , ryt

There is a difference between herding millions of innocent people into gas chambers just because they are Jewish, and killing those who have vowed to eliminate the US from the face of this planet.

But please show where one a viable military target is the same as innocent civilians killed because of their race?

Can you do that?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hey they joined the military ! next thing you know, your superior tells you shoot at your house , its an order ! push the button !

Funny thing is the drone strikes weren't just used to kill innocent civilians whereas that is what the Nazi's turned into their main thought when it comes to the Jewish.

Guess you seem to forget that little sticking point.

Drones target terrorists.

Nazi's targeted innocent civilians.

Your right there is no difference...what were we thinking.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I've read an article a while back, about a day in a life of a RPA pilot, that I think is fitting to share on this thread.

She Kills People From 7,850 Miles Away

“I remember thinking, I’m about to drop this weapon on this dude,” Sparkle said. “After you do five, six, 10, it is another day at work. You put your hard hat on.”
Next to her, Spade kept the Reaper level and headed for the target. The man started the motorbike and rode out of the compound and onto the dirt road. Sparkle’s crosshairs never wavered.
While Sparkle tracked the man, Spade checked his flight path and started to do the math in his head. At his current speed, he was going to miss him. The other crew was going to get the shot. It was the luck of the draw, and he’d lost. 
“Outbound,” Spade said, letting the other crew set up the shot, and letting Sparkle know.
Sparkle and Spade didn’t have time to worry about not getting the shot. They had to be ready to follow up if the first shot failed. Sparkle kept her track on the motorcycle.
“You’re almost hoping the other guy screws up his timing so we can shoot,” she said.
Spade finished the outbound leg and started to turn back to the target as the other crew fired. A pair of Hellfire missiles raced from the rails of the Reaper and landed just in front of the motorbike, spraying the target with shrapnel. As the other Reaper peeled off, Spade came in right behind. Sparkle kept the crosshairs locked on the cloud of smoke and debris from the strike. It was up to them to do the battle damage assessment—and handle the feelings that come with taking a life from thousands of miles away.
“When you hit a truck full of people, there are limbs and legs everywhere,” Sparkle said. “I watched a guy crawl away from the wreckage after one shot with no lower body. He slowly died. You have to watch that. You don’t get to turn away. You can’t be that soft girly traditional feminine and do the job. Those are the people who are going to have the nightmares.”
It isn’t the shooting that haunts RPA operators. It is what happens afterward. Unlike their fighter brethren, RPA pilots and sensors often loiter nearby after a strike to make sure it was successful and to gather more intelligence. To do that, the sensor pod keeps the crater and the blasted body in the center of the frame.
Sparkle could see a bunch of hot spots all over the ground, which were likely body parts. The target was dead, but that isn’t always the case. The Hellfire missile only has 12 pounds of explosives, so making sure the target is in the “frag pattern,” hit by shrapnel, is key.
As the other Reaper flew home to refuel and rearm, Spade stayed above the target, watching as villagers ran to the smoldering motorbike. Soon a truck arrived. Spade and Sparkle watched as they picked up the target’s blasted body.
“It’s just a dead body,” Sparkle said. “I grew up elbows deep in dead deer. We do what we needed to do. He’s dead. Now we’re going to watch him get buried.”

I think the most shocking part is, how desensitized and detached from the battlefield these pilots are, while carrying out their jobs.
Terrorists are considered cowards, however drone warfare like this can hardly be called heroic in my opinion.
I'm not saying that there aren't legit missions being carried out, that ultimately safe innocent lives.
However, too often there have been cases, where alot of civilian casualties were made by drones and I think the use of them, especially now when it's starting to be privately contracted to third parties operating them, should be carefully examined.
Just saying that, in the wrong hands, drones are the ultimate weapons for hitmen.
How are we able to check if a target was a legitimate target to begin with?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not the administration led by the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner.... Really?!

Not the administration led by the president who wants to "increase protections for whistleblowers"... That administration?!

Surprise, surprise; lies upon lies.

Nobel Peace Prize .... LMFAO!
edit on 0409x6704America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
These four young men are involved with a documentary:

Drone: A documentary about the CIA drone war.

dronethedocumentary.com...

If you think that any 'Administration' has control over the CIA you are sorely mistaken.

A link to a real interview with the four Air Force Vets mentioned in the OPs Washington Sentinel (ah-hem) piece:

Exclusive: Air Force Whistleblowers Risk Prosecution to Warn Drone War Kills Civilians, Fuels Terror

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Clearly these pilots already presented the evidence with their first hand testimonies. Look where it got them.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I wouldn't play down the states role in ww2.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
they joined up and are required to kill sometimes that's the job do not sign up unless you are prepared to kill.
we are at war, did the russian pilot get a fair trial orders are orders do the job or get out
a target is a target and must be taken out.age is irrelevant we know some kids kill and most be treated as combatants

court marshall these soldiers and put them in a military prison .
the court of law is pointless on a battlefield wake the hell up you soft fools or you will get us all killed.

again if you join the military expect to have to kill or get a job at mc donalds flipping burgers or maybe flower arranging

no stars or flag for your soft post

Will you be whistling the same tune when, in the name of the "War on Terror" of "Drugs", they start drone strikes on American soil, cuz it's a-coming. And, in regards to drone strikes...how can they know for sure who they are killing...and, you talk so tough, but a drone strike to kill has to be the most cowardly way to kill, IMO anyways.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

NOT unless the technicality exists where you swear an oath to uphold and protect the constitution. That includes we the people. By killing civilians, they are technically breaking that oath. Therefore it is within their rights to say NO, to orders that will take them into breaking the oath. It is also within their rights to report ILLEGAL incidents such as the killing of civilians.

This technicality exists, a small loophole, but a loophole nonetheless.

edit on th2015000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:58:09 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Nov 2015 18:58:09 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
they start drone strikes on American soil, cuz it's a-coming.

No its not.

As for cowardly the killing of civilians in the name of God is taking the top spot. Why do you appear to approve of terrorist cowardliness?
edit on 28-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Ya, they actually believe the stupid tripe they regurgitate about what is "lawful" and what is not.

And that can change with any prevailing wind too!!

And it changes because of who, where, what , and how, even when it was done.

Sounds like convenient garbage that can never be done away with.

These people are incapable of thinking any other way, lol , that is why they think all of this is "natural" and reasonable too!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why does the name of God killing offend you ??

Is it something you learned as a child ??

Why is it so easy to control the way you think, act, in every way, and yet make you think you are free to decide what is right and wrong.

What you support is in NO WAY better, than what you say is the problem....NONE of it is ever going to fix or better a dam thing.

Time to end this charade on this planet,

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join