It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You hear about that new show, Lucifer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

He doesn't really know yet. He knows she shot him, where the show before, he was invulnerable to others.
So, he's kind of erring on the side of caution, but more because he's excited and fascinated by the prospect of being mortal. He just hasn't tested it with anyone outside of her since, so we don't know either.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Oh, I get you now, and I bet it is only her that affects him, because he couldn't fish her thoughts either like he can everyone else.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Exactly. Somehow, she's immune to him (which is why he is intrigued), so it makes sense he'd also be vulnerable to her.

He just hasn't made that guess yet, because he isn't anxious to test it with someone who isn't her...though he really should. Honestly though, the feeling of mortality is NEW to him, and can you imagine how rare it would be, to experience something NEW if you've lived for eternity? No wonder he's enjoying it.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Cool episode.

I still want to see him find out if he's actually mortal or if it was just her though. Did I miss something where he knows it is others?

Interesting idea...black market religious relics...but really, how on Earth would you ever even begin to validate any such artifact?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Two things that are puzzling me.

1. What is the deal with those red rimmed eyes of Chloe's?

2. It looks like Lucifer is becoming weaker or more human on one level, but underneath you can see his evil self festering.

Tom Ellis is doing an amazing job playing his part. At times the evil he is controlling oozes so strong you forget he is just acting. The evil comes through so strong and in quick bursts that are almost palpable.

I believe Malcolm died, went to hell and came back a demon.

I think Lucifer really screwec up by destroying his wings.

It is getting interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My money is still on Chloe being an Elohim or offspring of an Angel and a human.
It would explain his vulnerability to her.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I could see that working.

Well, it looks like I was wrong about Malcolm being a demon. He died and he was brought back, but it doesn't look like he is a demon.

Might be interesting to see if he gets a redemption on his second chance.

I am getting the feel they are trying to make Lucifer Christ like, by making him go through the human experience.

I am still trying to figure what is the real agenda behind this show.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I really think the "agenda" is just to make a crime serial with a supernatural edge to it.

I still think the Devil is just vulnerable to HER, not to other humans. Just wondering how long it will take him to figure it out. (or show us one way or the other)

No surprise what Malcolm's job is. Ever since the angel figured out the quick solution to the problem, all he needed was a trigger man. Though pretty sure contracting a kill is very un-angelic? I mean, c'mon....why was Lucifer tossed out again? I mean...if angels can do that......???

I totally called her ex being dirty (thought so ever since they first brought up how some cops didn't like her). My family kept thinking I was nuts until a couple of episodes back, when it came out.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah. I knew the ex was dirty from the beginning also. They didn't hide that one very well.

Angels don't have a particular history for necessarily being fond of humans. The fallen ones have always made it clear their goal was our demise. The good ones made it clear they were just following God's commands.

Amenadiel thinks that he is following orders. His job is to get Lucifer back into Hell where he belongs. I guess he feels that any means necessary to achieve that end is okay, when you are dealing with the devil.

When I question the agenda, it is because they seem to making Lucifer into the good guy and Amenadiel and God into the the bad guys.

I am interested in seeing where they are going with this.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I agree that he's still immortal, and only vulnerable to her. I also agree with her either being the descendant of a demon/ or angel.

This show started out very lighthearted, and we can now slowly see the story line becoming slightly darker, or rather slightly more serious, whilst the main character remains as charming as ever.

But I always thought Lucifer would be a charming, good looking, approachable guy. How else would he get to make all those deals with humans?
I think the actors are spot on too.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I don't know this program but I'd like to say that if it does show the 'devil' and shows him in a good light, hurrah!
The whole bible palaver reminds me of the American Presidential farce. One side slags the other off in order to get the votes [but silences the opposition].

If you think about it, apart from a book that was apparently written by people who believe in god, there is absolutely no evidence that Satan [or whatever they call him] is actually evil.
I read the new testament and revelations and found myself thinking that Satan is the only one who is on the side of human kind, whilst god is going 'round punishing and criticising and killing his [apparent] creations.

WHen god told us to stop dancing and producing art and stop trading, Satan wanted us to continue. When god set up a honey trap with the apple tree [knowing fully well the shortcomings of his own creations], Satan told us the truth as to why god didn't want us to eat the forbidden fruit. It was so that we'd stay thick as s4it and not gain knowledge. Hat off to Satan [as a serpent] who spilled the beans and gave humans a choice.

Satan killed about 10 people, compared to god's 2 million plus in the bible.

The only reason people think he is 'evil' is because it says so in the bible. But compared to god, he's a fluffy bunny really. One sided propaganda I call this; and a lot of people just accept it. Every coin has two sides but we are not allowed to hear the 'other' side.

I sincerely doubt that anything coming out of America would put Lucifer or Satan in a good light but if this program makes a start, then I am all for it.

Even now, wars are waged in the name of god and when god people do nasty things in the name of god, believers say they are of Satan. That doesn't even make sense, because they are clearly trying to spread a believe in a god often with violence.

Nobody can make an informed decision without hearing both sides.

Hail the freedom fighter, Satan!

And I might have a look at the show.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Lucifer is not being represented as a "good" guy ("good" meaning of Christ's Teachings).

He doesn't forgive his enemies or turn the other cheek.

So far he has been a "No Mercy!" type of guy, the opposite of Christ.

Hecate666 , Jesus says that he is the revelation of God the Father. He says that The Son (him) reveals the Father; and Jesus hasn't killed a single person but he taught people to love others and turn the other cheek (non-violence).

The God of Jesus is kind to all the good and the evil (Luke 6:35-36), many Christians believe in yahweh (sabaoth) the war god.

El du yahweh sabaoth = The God who makes the armies

The Book of Revelation was inspired by yahweh, too which is why that Jesus is unforgiving and why many verses of Revelation is copied from Daniel (A prophet of yahweh).

Jesus said that the devil was a liar and murderer since the beginning and his children (those who follow him) seek to do his will which is why they wanted to kill Jesus.

So no, the God of Jesus killed no one (sin/darkness/devil brings death, The Spirit give Life).

The show Lucifer does not show a nice Lucifer but one who lacks forgiveness and harms others.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I agree with him not being represented as a good guy.
He keeps saying how he must punish those who have done wrong. (He's very adamant about that.)

Also, I believe he is becoming more human, starting to feel emotions etc.
Will be excited to see what the next episode holds.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well it looks like you hit it right smack on the head.

He is only vulnerable to Chloe.

The next question to be answered is, why?

I still think those red rimmed eyes have something to do with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't know, didn't he get burned by fire in the one with the chef? (I'm a couple episodes behind)....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Missed the finale. I got called out for a dance with the real demons. I will check Hulu and see if it is there.

I wish the Satan and the demons I deal with in real life looked half-way like the versions on the show. There is no question about the evil in the real world version.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just saw the finale. I am not going to give any spoilers, but they just lost me.

If this show comes back for another season, well .................

Let's just say it should be very interesting.

edit on 26-4-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Replied to myself?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Got caught up, and yep, I had it right. She makes him vulnerable.

Just have to wonder though....who the heck is Mom? Can't think of any mythological reference here.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Lilith ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join