It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You hear about that new show, Lucifer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
imdb

I think it's creepy. Not because of what the show's about or anything--it looks like it's probably a good show (--but I think the actor is not nearly pretty enough to play Lucifer...and I always imagine him as a blonde for some reason).

--You see, what I'm tweaking out about is the fact that the show's basically trying to make Lucifer out as being your friend. Which is twisted and utterly incorrect. Just wondering if anyone else agreed. But I, for one, will not be watching this show.

I just think it's really funny how out-and-in-the-open it is. Truly a sign of the times we live in, I suppose.

edit on 27-11-2015 by rukia because:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's actually pretty entertaining, & remember it's just a TV show.
Really if god actually existed wouldn't the most powerful be able to survive a sitcom.

I can provide a link if you would like to watch.

" oh come on, I know you want to"

K~

edit on 27-11-2015 by aethertek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Your offer tempts me greatly.

Has it been out long, then? I just saw a commercial for it the other day. xD whoops
edit on 27-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis) is the main character.

You know, that is what Lucifer actually means right?
The word is a reference to Venus, the Morning Star.
In the Bible one of Jesus many names is the Morning Star.
In fact, Lucifer was a common Christian name at one time.

The name only became associated with Satan (the devil)
because of Paradise Lost, the Epic poem by Milton.

There is no reason to fear a fiction.

edit on 27-11-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I think it is more about making healthy decisions about what to take into your consciousness. Do we want to add a show about a negative entity to our daily intake of information? I think consuming television (or any media) is a lot like choosing to eat a healthy diet except we are talking about nourishment for our mind instead of our bodies.

edit on 2015/11/27 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Doesn't officially air until January but the studios "leaked" a copy for public feed back.
www.watchfree.to...

As far as the prettiness goes, eh, the actor pulls off the attitude which is most important.

Lucifer calls God "Dear old Dad" & there is a subtle backstory between God & Lucifer that is interesting.
There are two other main protagonists, an angry angel & an oversexed demon.

K~

edit on 27-11-2015 by aethertek because: Link

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Lucifer has been a sympathetic character since Milton. Much earlier, probably.
Consider the tragedy of Hades and other dark gods as well.

Lucifer's story, that of pride and fall, guilt and spite, is very human and relatable to pretty much everybody on some level.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well isn't that the Devils MO though? Try to be your friend and deceive you? I'm sure that's where the shows creators are going while they also show you all the terrible things the Devil stands for.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This show actually reminds me of the "Lucifer" comic series (Which I enjoyed greatly), which is in the Sandman comic universe, I believe. I'd watch the show.

Edit: Turns out it's somewhat based on the comic.... this makes me want to watch it more now.
edit on V20150728November07Sat, 28 Nov 2015 00:07:39 -0600America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

edit on V20150928November09Sat, 28 Nov 2015 00:09:11 -0600America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Not enough fire and brimstone to be the devil you say? t.. wait thats god..

My bad.. Oo

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Your offer tempts me greatly.

That's what SHE said (eve)...

It's a TRAP rukia, RUN!

Seriously though, this whole "Lucifer is your friend" deal is a Gnostic lie being used very effectively by the MSM.

The blockbuster "Noah" film is a perfect example of this in action.

A few videos that discuss this:

Many movies in Hollywood have occult and gnostic themes What are they about and what is the spirit behind this eye popping video documentary. Mega Movies like The Matrix Trilogy, Pleasantville and The Truman Show have an underlying gnostic theme. Which is only an inversion of the truth.

Hollywood’s War on God is a mind-blowing, eye-popping documentary that reveals how satanic forces are using Hollywood’s most memorable movies and most popular actors to propagate an ancient lie in fulfillment of biblical prophecy. Learn how these movies are initiating the masses into a Gnostic worldview that will culminate in a “strong delusion” as the world joins Satan and the final Antichrist in their war on God.

In the same way that Satan came to Eve through a serpent and convinced her God was lying, Morpheus comes to Neo and tells him he is living a lie. “Remember,” Neo says, “All I am offering is the truth.”

Hollywood’s Gnostic Agenda

edit on 28-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The character in the show is based on the character 'Lucifer' from the Sandman series of graphic novels, published by DC comics. The character had its own graphic novel, spun off from the Sandman, and this TV show appears to be a spin off from that.

It's going to be a police procedural. I saw the pilot, and thought that for all that they have inserted some crappy police procedural nonsense into it, it's not actually a bad concept in the least. I would have preferred if they had done a more faithful job of bringing the character from the comic books and indeed the universe he existed in, to the screen, but it's an interesting concept none the less.

Personally speaking, I will treat this show the way I treat Black Metal. I will enjoy the soundscape, and deny the message. Denying the beauty and majesty of the riff is to give too much power to the darkness, so enjoy the riff, and forget the lyrics. Seems a simple enough thing to do the same with this show, as it was with the graphic novel.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

It is a really good show.
If you actually watched it you would know it is fantasy...in fact Lucy in the show just doesn't want to play bad boy anymore and is seeing the good in humanity.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I didn't know that but it fits completely.
I knew I sort of recognized Lucys character from somewhere.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
It's actually pretty entertaining, & remember it's just a TV show.

In my opinion TV show's are not just TV show's. They are a big part in social engineering, doesn't matter if it's The Simpsons, Big Bang Theory or this one.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

In my opinion TV show's are not just TV show's. They are a big part in social engineering, doesn't matter if it's The Simpsons, Big Bang Theory or this one.

Sigh,...If you can be mentally or spiritually affected or compelled by a cartoon or sitcom, your fate is all but sealed.

K~

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Well Lucifer came from a few thousand years ago...

We have make up these days

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: Danowski

Sigh,...If you can be mentally or spiritually affected or compelled by a cartoon or sitcom, your fate is all but sealed.

K~

Before you "sigh", maybe you should take the time to understand what social engineering is, and how it works. One of the reasons it works so well is, because it's in everyone's face, and they still deny its existence. Check out "Propaganda" by Edward Bernays for an introduction. You, along with everyone else IS affected.

On topic: I would like to check out the pilot, but I don't hold out much hope for a series. A mini-series would be better. Most TV series would be better off as mini-series. Few actually have what it takes to be long running. I'd rather see a series about the good guy, instead of that cranky old fart, Yahweh. He's had enough promotion anyway.
edit on 11/28/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's just a TV show, one whose pilot was actually really good and I cannot wait for the first season next year.

I don't even consider a religious perspective because I'm not religious and the bible has done more than enough to convince me God is more evil than Satan will ever be

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I put this show in my calendar to watch for. January 25 was the date I found for season 1. It sounds interesting.
We all have our demons, might as well embrace them

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join