It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury Over TV Exorcism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Some folks want to televise an excorsism.
They are looking at it from a physical/spiritual/psychological
point of view. Sort of a science experiment. Some folks
are unhappy about it. They think it should be a private
spiritual thing.

If I were being excorsised I wouldn't want the world
watching. But if the people involved don't mind ....
then I don't have a problem with it. It could be
very interesting to follow them through this and see
the before/after effects physically, spiritually, and
pscyhologically.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...=15037735&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=fury-over-live-telly-exorcism-name_page.html

Excerpt -

FURY OVER LIVE TELLY EXORCISM
Jan 4 2005
Church leaders blast Channel 4 'experiment'
By Nicola Methven

CHURCH leaders angrily condemned Channel 4 last night over plans to broadcast a live exorcism.

TV morality campaigners also slammed the idea, branding it harmful and dangerous.

The programme, called Exorcism, will be shown next month.

An insider said: 'The aim is to test the science involved.

'It would involve officials from the church and leading scientists and we would monitor precisely what happens during the process.'

Taste Sky TV are planning a separate show called When Exorcisms Go Wrong, featuring amateur videos of rites from around the world.

Broadcasting watchdogs Ofcom say demonstrations of exorcisms and other 'occult practices' should not be shown on factual TV 'except in the context of a legitimate investigation'.

But a source said: 'The producers will insist they should be allowed to broadcast the exorcism on the grounds that it's a form of scientific experimentation and a legitimate part of church practice.

MORE ARTICLE AT THE SITE -

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...=15037735&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=fury-over-live-telly-exorcism-name_page.html

[edit on 1/5/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why not? They televise these phony "healers" all the time...I'm not so sure there's a difference. And just how does one tell the difference between one who is possessed and one who is simply nuts? I'd think that such a priest would have to be highly trained in both the occult and psychology to make that call. To my knowledge, I can barely recall any cases that sounded genuine, and even those are from highly biased sources...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I know that Rome approves VERY few priests to perform
excorsisms. VERY few. Rome does the psychological testing
and the physical testing before it admits that there could be
a spiritual problem. The standards to be a qualified Roman
Catholic Excorsist are very tough. Very few priests are
accepted. AND here's the kicker ... If a priest is an excorsist,
he can't tell anyone. There are a handful of excorsist
Catholic priests in America and from what I understand, they
are not allowed to 'advertise' their services.

I can't tell if the televised excorsism is supposed to be by
a Catholic or not. I don't think so. Either way ... if the
people involved don't mind, I think it would be very interesting
to follow this through. Sort of a before, during, and after
investigation to see what is going on.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I would love to see an exercisim, and as long as the person who is being exercised is cool with it, then I see no problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
An exorcism is pretty tame compared to a lot of the crap on TV.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I want to see it!! I want to see if the person's head does a 360. I want to see some pea soup. I want to see somebody crawl down the stairs upside down. I want to see furniture levitating.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have to agree with most others here. I don't have any problems at all with it as long as all parties involved are in agreement with the television cameras being present.

I would be a very interesting thing to see. Could be very educational. Of course we shouldn't assume that it's genuine either...it may be a bunch of bunk staged to draw ratings from the controversy they knew it would create.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If they want to...there's no way I would consider if real though. Those that do this type of thing are more serious about it than to have it televised........it would be a phony bunch of crap for ratings and money.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually i dont really know the real reasons behind why the church condemn the live telecast of an exorcisms.But my question is "Will the attention of thousands of viewers affect the exorcism"?Normally a tv programme like this will attract a lot of viewers and the viewers will tune in to this event with intense concentration.It may or may not have any implication.Can anyone vertify?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronn
Actually i dont really know the real reasons behind why the church
condemn the live telecast of an exorcisms. "Will the attention of
thousands of viewers affect the exorcism"?

It's my understanding that the church condemns the telecast because
and exorcism is spiritual, not theatrical. They feel it will be a circus and
just for ratings, and not a spiritual event for the person effected. Also,
you know how TV slants things .... could it be really impartial and just
show the facts, or would it pass judgement on what it see's without
knowing all the 'whys' behind what is happening?

Will the viewers effect the exorcism. I doubt it would effect the
exorcism, but it COULD effect the viewers. I have read that
inviting in evil or prolonging your thoughts on evil will attract evil.
I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is ... then having
all those thousands watching COULD have them turn their thoughts
toward the negative, thus attracting negative spooks.

I dunno'. That's just a guess.

I still hold that if it's okay with the person(s) being exorcised, and
IF the TV show does a good documentary and not a cheesy piece
of get-ratings work ... then this could be educational and very interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The thing is, exorcism is an extremely serious and grave matter and should never be televised. I have actually seen an exorcism on TV, although it was footage for a documentary. It wasn't that awful, but it was still difficult to watch.

I say no. An exorcism is something nobody should ever experience. There is nothing "cool" about an exorcism.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i want to know why a "demon" would want to borrow a human body anyway ?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Try and find John Saffran VS God.
It was a program about John going around the world expermenting with the dirrefent types of religons that our on this world. This guy is nuts! 100% Aussie.
Heres a link and you can watch him release his Demon. The series was funny as hell!.(hell is not funny kids)

John Safran Vs God

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
THat could be a very interesting show if it ever happen to come true. I have never seen someone who needed to be exorcised and I wonder how it looks like.

The only way I imagine it is from the movie

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If they want money for it they most likely arnt real and will be proved fake just like all the rest 'Phycics,' and 'mediums.' Not saying mediums dont exist just, not on TV

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidOBE
THat could be a very interesting show if it ever happen to come true. I have never seen someone who needed to be exorcised and I wonder how it looks like.

The only way I imagine it is from the movie

The crazy part was that its all real, he really did travel around the world and join everything he could. HE joined hundreds of religions and performed THOUSANDS of rituals from satanists, voodooist, buddists, christians, masons, indians...and heaps more...ive met the man and let me tell you lol, he is a pretty crazy guy. he now does a talk show with a catholic preist called father Bob, even after all this time and what he went through..he hasnt changed a bit.

new topics

top topics

join