It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and mixed families.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Found her for ya!

Love playing matchmaker.

You're good! I think you found your calling

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: skunkape23
Color does matter. I want me a green womern, dammit.

Found her for ya!

Love playing matchmaker.

Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I consider myself a half-breed.My mama is a yankee and my daddy was
a rebel.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My ex husband is half native, half German and Polish, while I'm Northern European mix, and my 2 oldest boys are 1/4 Native and Status. Race isn't the issue. There are ideologies, cultural things, that divide huge sections of the world and until recently, didn't realize how much it is. There are other differences too, but at the same time, have to take that on a more individual profile with violence and reactionary tendencies.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I never had sex with a woman with the thought I'm screwing over a race. I know it may sound juvenile but if I'm attracted to someone and she's attracted to me, we can do what we want. I used to be secretly in love with an Afghani girl that never worked cause of her family, apparently that's not racist, even though she liked me too.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

You do realize that the black/white issue is pushed to prevent people from forming a critical mass capable of stopping all the bull# that originates in DC, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skoalman88

Of course I do....I've known this for close to 2 decades now. I've also made many posts here at ATS saying pretty much the same thing.

Are you also from a bi-racial family? I started the thread to hear from other members that are from such families.

To get a take on their experiences of racism from within the family and from the outside world.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
this starts with America's biracial president. who basically never mentions the white side of his family.

Obama's biggest failure, is he could have been a great unifier, but he divided people at every turn.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No frickin mixed families as long as I'm alive. If you can't afford a whiskey that doesn't need mix you don't deserve to drink.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'll "Grant" you that....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
I've never come across another member who has ever spoken about being a part of a mixed (bi-racial) family.

Looks as though you can check this off your list.

For the record, Im white; my wife is black. We live in Austin, TX as does her immediate and a decent amount of her extended family. Our Thanksgiving tradition since marrying 3 years ago is having Lunch/dinner with her immediate family at their place. I always feel comfortable, and feel the love from them, especially her father.

They are Pentecostal and grew up in their family church; which is lead by her dads side and isnt as accepting, from what my wife tells me. Ive met them during last years Thanksgiving and all was well. Their church involves speaking in tongues, with a lot of music and dancing. Im not religious at all when it comes to praying to a personal god, attending church, etc. My wife and her younger sister have broken away from their family church due to their closed-off collective mindset. I consider myself Christian but I rarely go to church. My wife and her sister go to Austin Stone Community Church every Sunday and I attend about every three months, and its always very emotional for me so I dont like going a lot but its always a great experience. The Christian rock band is always great and the beat vibrates the body. That physical feeling (like a powerful heartbeat) of the vibrations from the drums combined with the lyrics displayed for singing along never fails to bring me to tears. Getting teary-eyed just writing about it/recalling it. Im sure theres more going on during those few minutes during the music, like love, guilt, wonderment, feeling insignificant, fear, sense of community. Yeah, theres a lot going on in that moment!

Anyway, I got off track.

My parents live in Omaha as well as my oldest sister, and my other sister (also older than me) lives in Philly but will be moving back to Austin next spring. My parents came down for the wedding in 2012 and they're easy going, Texas folk and get along with everyone/anyone, so when we had the two families together for the first (and only time) it was nice and quiet.

I guess what Im saying is that we have it good. My wife and I have experienced very little to no racism, and maybe the bit that we thought we experienced was just someone having a bad day, who knows. All in all, we are either blessed or lucky, or both. Admittedly we keep to ourselves because thats the why we like it. We are into each other; the world/people can be #ty so we tend to focus on each other (i.e. Love).

There you have it...a truly bi-racial family, that you can now say you've come across on ATS.

I hope I was able to contribute something of some sort of value.

P.S. The golf course is my "church"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join