It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Mufti of Syria - Terrorism is a new ideological trend, has nothing to do with Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Before I start, yes the source is RT, but you are not likely to hear from a Syrian Mufti from MSM because they are not interested in the truth about Syria one bit.

I think it is important though that people read / listen to this article. It presents a lot of truth about terrorism and Islam. I have pasted part of the interview below. SS is the reporter and ABH is the grand mufti.

I would point out that I am as anti Islamic terrorist as the best of you. But I also like to get to the bottom of a story and find the whole truth out, so I know who the real bad guy is.

SS: How are ISIL leaders able to make so many young people follow them? They make them participate in violent acts, in combat – how do they do it?

ABH: What ISIL is doing is not new. This organization has existed before – under different names. They convince their followers that they are guided by religious convictions, spread their ideology, spending a lot of money on that work. We must remember it.

SS: Right! But they don’t buy these young people – they come from Europe, Russia, the U.S. young people from good families for some reason go to Syria and begin to fight for ISIL. How do Islamic State leaders achieve that? It does not matter how they name themselves. How do they do this? What goes on in people’s heads?

ABH: We met with some guys who came from the UK, France. Many of them were Syrians. They come here to build some sort of Islamic caliphate. They think that they will promote Islam and spread it to the whole world.

But we know that religion should not be preached with weapons – rather with love and solidarity. ISIL uses ideology to lead young people astray. But they do it for their own political purposes. Most of the people being killed in Syria today are Muslims. The majority of ISIL victims are Muslims!

SS: But why do these young men join ISIL? Why do young, healthy people that have good lives at home, go to fight for Islamic State?

ABH: Many young people go abroad, because they want to follow a new ideological trend – radical Islam. They are lost, and leading them back on the right path will take some serious effort. They end up with the wrong people, believing they can wage war in the name of religion.
Now, after Russia began to bomb ISIL targets in Syria, many young Islamic State fighters ran off. What happened to their convictions? They fled.

Full video interview and transcript available below (I can't find the video on YT yet sorry.)

www.rt.com...

It is important to know that even in the homeland of ISIS, Syria there are very reasonable Muslims (in Assad govt controlled territory) that dislike ISIS as much as we do. These people are not our enemies, they are our allies and so far, it seems like only Russia seems to be capable on understanding who is who.

Why?

Because they are the only power from outside of the middle east who is prepared to sit down and talk with the Assad govt. Pure and simple.

edit on 27-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
New trend?

Muhammed and the Muslims murdered and raped with allah's consent since always.

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Read and listen. Don't just hate for hate's sake.

Deny ignorance!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Read and listen. Don't just hate for hate's same.

Deny ignorance!

I did read it.

Straight from the horses mouth in the "infallible" quran.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

New trend?

And so did Joshua and the Israelites, slaughtering entire villages of every man, woman, child and animal. What is fueling ISIS is not Islam, but geopolitics over who will control the oil. ISIS is just masquerading behind religion.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

One will never get rid of Islam as a religion. I don't particularly like it either as in you'd never catch me converting to it.

But.

There ARE reasonable people within the faith. Let's listen to them and not alienate them.

Remember, the enemy of our enemy (Radical Islam like ISIS) is our friend. The long term solution to the problem lays not in bombs and warfare, but in promoting a reasonable version of Islam as the way to live.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
New trend?

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Hi Muslim here.

Would you like me to refute this and make you look like a total ass? Or would you prefer to do your own research and stop posting things from anti Islamic websites who twist and misquote scripture?

Here is the ayat you posted my dear ATS Islamic Scholar .

AN-NISA (THE WOMEN)

ﭑﭒﭓ

Load more

4:24

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

This is in reference to a time period in which Muslims were at war and slaves were taken but .. Not in the sens of "whips and chaines " do what i tell you" it was in the sens of men taking widowed women who's husbands had fallen in that wars. Because during that time woman were considered "weak" and the men "strong" so a woman was not to be alone . because of this Allah made it ok for men to take in widdowed woman. But he made it NOT ok to rape them as your source trys to claim.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

ETA: they would only take woman who were incapable of surviving on their own with children etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

New trend?

Hi Muslim here.

Would you like me to refute this and make you look like a total ass? Or would you prefer to do your own research and stop posting things from anti Islamic websites who twist and misquote scripture?

Judging from your personal attack, you are unable to debate using evidence and reason.

So go ahead and try to deny these are actuall passages from the quran.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

New trend?

Hi Muslim here.

Judging from your personal attack, you are unable to debate using evidence and reason.

So go ahead and try to deny these are actuall passages from the quran.

Don't be so quick to judge i just updated my post .

Stop posting crap from websites known for twisting scripture . that site has been refuted mant times fold.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

You are the one twisting scripture.

The quran needs no interpretation.

It is perfect and infallible after all.

The quran is the wod of allah and the word of allah is the only law, right?

edit on 27-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are the one twisting scripture.

The quran needs no interpretation.

It is perfect and infallible after all.

The quran is the wod of allah and the word of allah is the only law, right?

I provided you with evedience and refuted the twisted ayat you tried to pass off.

I have no reason to "twist anything" i am firm in my faith.

If you choose to bask in ignorance that's your prerogative.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Media fuels people with hatred so MIC is empowered to kill women and children without a public outcry. Personally I wouldn't waste my breath arguing with their type, they side with Satan.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Help me understand this a bit more because I think you two are talking about two different things.

And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess.

So he is talking about the women that are owned by the companions. It reads they are permitted to have sex with the women they own, even if they have husbands.

Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers.

So the rest of the verse

This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation.
- only speaks to women that are being propositioned for marriage. It does not include the slave women.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Of course. Anyone can twist and turn holy scripture to suit their own purposes.

I've mentioned this a couple of times on ATS recently, but it seems like a lot of people are unaware of this. A lot of people, possibly even the majority, who are in Syria and Iraq join the Islamic State for reasons beyond fundamentalism. Although it probably won't last, the Islamic State is currently very well funded, thanks to all the looting of banks and antiquities and trading in oil. An unfortunate result of Assad's regime is the significant increase in the gap between the rich and the poor, so you've got a lot of people in Syria struggling to make a living. A man can earn a great deal more money by working for the Islamic State than he would by doing the same job on the other side. They're not taking these jobs out of greed, but rather to better provide for their families. There's also the threat of death for everyone considered to be an apostate, which is actually everyone outside of the Islamic State. For many people, they basically have a choice - be killed by IS, or work for IS. Not much of a choice, is it.

Of course there are people who do join the Islamic State for religious and ideological reasons, but it's important to remember that a lot of people who get tangled up with the caliphate don't have much of a choice in the matter. Wahhabism, a very strict interpretation of Islam, has reigned in Syria for a while now, so there's an existing basis for fundamentalism.

I encourage everyone to check out the Islamic State's successful magazine called Dabiq - available in several major languages. Young men who are killed in the line of duty are considered martyrs rather than tragedies. IS is extremely good with media, particularly social media. Dabiq is well written, well designed, and has proven itself to be effective in influencing its target audience, primarily young men in their late teens and early 20's.

There's not really much point in debating scripture when it comes to the Islamic State. Even Al Qaeda has condemned their barbaric interpretation of the Quran, along with the bloody Taliban. IS wants a war, and they're doing everything they can to get Western boots on their soil. Most of their victims are Muslims - they've basically declared war on literally everyone. It's not difficult to see that these people aren't true Muslims, but a corrupt and hateful organisation existing solely for conflict.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

You are right, there is no point debating the scriptures that make up the Quran. For most of us, it's not our faith anyway.

My point is that very reasonable Muslims do exist, even in Syria. Therefore all the Muslim bashing on here is misguided. We need to help promote and encourage reasonable Islam to

A) Stop any more Muslims going rogue on us

And

B) To help the reasonable Muslims find their voice.

There are a few here on ATS for instance, like Kapusta who has spoken in this very thread that have won my respect.

They need us to listen and help them find safe ground. Because at the moment they get attacked by many of us just because they are Muslim. Yet Isis would kill them just as happily as they would kill any non Muslim for not hating US enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

nice op is nice to see threads that look for solutions .. I am 'western' but have so many sweet friends Muslim and Islamic . before all this started I talked to so many asked how was living at home many answered pointing out the flows and extreme views ., and there are so many other things that we people share outside of religion ..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Hi Muslim here.

Would you like me to refute this and make you look like a total ass?

That's the islam we know and love.

"Listen to me because you are a fool"

you believe in fantasy, made up stuff. All religions do. All religious people do. Time to stop believing in make believe and become a citizen of this century.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Stop posting crap from websites known for twisting scripture . that site has been refuted mant times fold.

We need a fan fiction allowance now?

man wrote your - and indeed all - holy books. Man. you worship controllers.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

can you respect a thought .. No? .. Yes? .. I respect yours ... so shhh you sound out of control

top topics

join