It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Search Suspended. I may be a bot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Was looking for a post I made in another forum, and Google didnt like me looking for it. Has anyone else had this problem. A bot test was required to continue, which i neglected to complete. Dunno if it will come back on its own. Has anyone had a similiar experience? Here is what the page said:

To continue, please type the characters below:

About this page

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have had it happen to me. I think it happened after some search page refreshes. That may have just been coincidence.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There is no such thing as coincidence.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Stop using Google and use Startpage instead:

startpage.com...

It uses Google's search engine without all the tracking and hassles.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Ooh, nice!

Thanks for the suggestion

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
Stop using Google and use Startpage instead:

startpage.com...

It uses Google's search engine without all the tracking and hassles.

Agreed

Several times I've considered starting a thread about StartPage, just might do so. Will they listen?

edit on 27-11-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
Has anyone had a similiar experience? Here is what the page said:

This typically means that either your computer, or a computer on your network has been compromised and is running some scripts that are hitting Google too often. Another scenario is that someone is connected to your WiFi network, running similar scripts.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
Has anyone had a similiar experience? Here is what the page said:

This typically means that either your computer, or a computer on your network has been compromised and is running some scripts that are hitting Google too often. Another scenario is that someone is connected to your WiFi network, running similar scripts.
Possibly, Sometimes I type in a line of code if I'm stuck on something, and a page pops up telling me my activity is suspicious.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

It was happening to me and I use Maxthon. I googled the problem and the advice was to turn off 'autocomplete' and 'predictive search' . It seems Maxthon was directing google to search every single letter I typed as I typed it. That will trip off a google bot test.
Once I turned these things off, the 'bot' test on google stopped. I had to do this on both my PC and laptop.

This was the key thing to uncheck "PreSearch results while typing in the address bar"

edit on 27-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Its good to have a browser like this but on the other hand, I don't think it should be available to certain people such as 'Paedo's'.

How does the browser handle those who are upto no good?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's really no different than (for instance) guns being freely available in the U.S. Those who are up to no good will still find ways to obtain them, going around the laws and regulations in place.

It doesn't really matter how free or restrictive something is. Criminals will always find a way. And since Google blocks 99% of what you're asking, criminals are likely using other avenues for searching.

top topics

join