It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paragliding jihadist leaves family in Israel fearing his fate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I guess this is one way to get to Syria without having to deal with border security.

Shortly before sunset, Nidal Salah stared across the fence towards his new life in Syria with the Islamic State movement -- paraglider at the ready.

Firing up the engine-powered glider, the 23-year-old Arab Israeli rose over the Israeli-Syrian demarcation line towards the town of Jamlah, controlled by an IS-affiliated group.

He became the first Israeli to take such a route to enter Syria's civil war, with his plans apparently unknown to his family and authorities, who minutes later scrambled military helicopters.

news.yahoo.com...

So what about ISIS is it that makes people risk their lives to join?

It amazes me what people will do to get to Syria to join the fighting and ISIS.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
I guess this is one way to get to Syria without having to deal with border security.

Shortly before sunset, Nidal Salah stared across the fence towards his new life in Syria with the Islamic State movement -- paraglider at the ready.

Firing up the engine-powered glider, the 23-year-old Arab Israeli rose over the Israeli-Syrian demarcation line towards the town of Jamlah, controlled by an IS-affiliated group.

He became the first Israeli to take such a route to enter Syria's civil war, with his plans apparently unknown to his family and authorities, who minutes later scrambled military helicopters.

news.yahoo.com...

So what about ISIS is it that makes people risk their lives to join?

It amazes me what people will do to get to Syria to join the fighting and ISIS.

LOL...so instead of taking care of his family, he blew the money on a glider and left.....nice. I am sure he will become a model citizen.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I heard its the free healthcare.
Seriously tho, gotta respect his resolve lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Did you miss the thread relating to the benefits ISIS fighters receive?

They are looked after financially, a wife is provided and apparently the health care is pretty good too, as long as you're not fatally wounded. They can't do much about that currently.

Sure it's a unique way of reaching the, ahem, promised land. Let's hope it all ends miserably for him.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Sure it's a unique way of reaching the, ahem, promised land. Let's hope it all ends miserably for him.

Well according to his family they think he wants to come back but won't admit it.

From the same article in the OP.

He said he believed his brother wants to return but will not admit it.

"I know my brother -- when he is sad I know he is sad, when he is happy, I know. He sounded so sad," he said.

"I think he wants to return but there are people talking with him telling him what to tell us."

I can bet he wishes he would have stayed home. Nothing like Jihad until you actually participate, then find out it's not what you envisioned.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Probably not too different from the way Uncle Sam recruits kids in the midwest USA. Find a demographic that is more concerned with their own lives and the people around them (communities). Utilize their sense of not knowing what is beyond their own world, and filling their mental voids with propaganda. The hearts of these folks are big, yet naive, and they are easily manipulated. A dash of racism, a pinch of stereotypes, a couple spoonfuls of "your country will be proud" (their country in their minds, is the close knit relationships they have with all in their area), and voi-las... an obedient soldier.

Edit: Ever wonder why digital TV was MANDATED by law? Because there was no other way to reach the TV sets of these people. In other words, their minds.
edit on 27-11-2015 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Its the same thing in Russia -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How about looking on the dark side. What if he became a suicide bomber. Strap a load of explosives to him and send him on his way on his paraglider. Nowhere would be safe within his range. At least a ground based bomber has to get near his victims. But him, he could dive bomb anywhere.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Probably why Israel launched helicopters.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Dunno why but the title made me chuckle. Had visions of him bright helmet and vest on a non engine paraglider jumping off a building shouting Allah akbar and setting sail to Islamic State. The reason as to why so many risk it is the benefits they receive. They get $50 a week for themselves another $50 if married and another $50 for each child. On top of that they offer the best fighters rent free accommodation and never have to pay a penny for anything. A lot of these men don't have jobs and the money is a lot to them but they obviously don't have any morals either to throw away their soul to be an animal terrorist.

So # this paragliding jihadist I hope he hit a mountain and went out in a ball of flames.
edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As above they get paid a lot,well a lot for the region they live in

Still does seem strange,money ain't everything

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
As above they get paid a lot,well a lot for the region they live in

Still does seem strange,money ain't everything

Disenfranchised youth I suspect has a lot to do with it too. People who have been treated like # tend to romanticize the likes of IS where they think they will get paid a lot of money and treated as equal... Until they get there and have to start beheading people and have cruise missiles lobbed at em. But if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. No-one is forcing them to join IS so I have no sympathy for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah mate,was was staggered listening to radio 4 the other day and this lady was talking about woman from this country wanting to go over and marry Isis members as they seemed to have a rock star lifestyle!

Just incredible that people can see anything positive about these creeps when all us on this board see them for what they are

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Some people are attracted to the danger like the women that used to throw themselves at Ted Bundy. Totally illogical behaviour but some people are just nuts....

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah kind of makes me think collateral damage isn't too bad when it comes to Isis and their families:-/

I know that's hard to say,but wow-their partners are just as evil

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Yeah kind of makes me think collateral damage isn't too bad when it comes to Isis and their families:-/

I know that's hard to say,but wow-their partners are just as evil

They are knowingly joining the most brutal terrorist faction on this earth, I have no sympathy for an adult joining them. The only ones I would have sympathy for is innocent children that some of these monsters will bring to IS to live amongst them. They have no choice in it and will probably grow up to be just as bad as their #ed up parents.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson[quote Ever wonder why digital TV was MANDATED by law?
I too hated that move and fought it tooth and nail.

Of course I was just the crazy old broad, and if I had nothing to hide, then I should just shut up, and not stand in the way of progress.

As we see, they have progressively crept into every nook and cranny of our lives.

Reminds me of. "Slowly I turned...step by step...inch by inch...,"

new topics

top topics

join