It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italians seize nearly 800 shotguns heading for Belgium from Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry of there is already a thread on this.

"The 781 weapons seized in Trieste on Tuesday were pump-action Winchester SXP shotguns, according to a police statement (in Italian)."

Black market for locals? Or what?

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dixiecracker

Now we are seeing Turkey's true colours, for all the world to see.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We should kick them out of NATO and give Putin a green light, but we won't because our corporate overlords have invested a sh!tload of money in Turkey.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In another era they were called "riot guns", for "crowd control".

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

What are you referring to? A van full of guns with improper paperwork is criminal activity to be sure, but it need not be terror related!

Jumping to conclusions pretty quickly around here these days... That is concerning. It is more concerning to me than a truck full of scatter guns.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They were only found because "Controls at Italian ports have been stepped up in the wake of the 13 November Paris terror attacks."

This has probably been going on for ages. Belgium and Amsterdam have a reputation for being the home of the international arm dealers because of their central location in Europe.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This isn't odd, considering that Winchester has a manufacturing plant in Turkey and ships globally.

I fail to see what is wrong here.

There is also a Winchester plant in Belgium.
edit on 27-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm thinking this is just click-bait fearmongering.

It's nothing new that Belgium is getting a shipment of weapons from turkey, all this is due to faulty paperwork...

Yet people are glad to cry wolf as usual. Posting and sharing without actually reading unbiased facts.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Turkey is also sending peeps across border as ISIS and allowing ISIS oil to come into Turkey. It is in there intrests to allow this as they are against the Kurds in Syria.

Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the US have a lot to answer for in regards to the problems in Syria.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yet people are glad to cry wolf as usual. Posting and sharing without actually reading unbiased facts.

I also wonder if this has something to do with the recent recall of these shotguns due to discharge issues.

These firearms could have been junk for all we know.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I also wonder if this has something to do with the recent recall of these shotguns due to discharge issues.

These firearms could have been junk for all we know.

Very true.

But even if they were fully functional, I would be less concerned about pump action shotguns with minimum range rather than ak-47s or other assault weapons of the sort.

If you're going to smuggle weapons to someone why go through all the risk to send them about the least effective weapons in the book. Even with a slug,bolo, or flachette rounds you're not going to hit anything past 30yards. If you do it's not going to kill someone without a miracle.
edit on 27-11-2015 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

edit on 27-11-2015 by TheLotLizard because: I hate Iphone6

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well, I would think that turkeys would want shotguns this time of the year with Christmas and thanksgiving and all.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with the Turkish government, it has to do with a weapons manufacturer in Turkey.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

This has nothing to do with the Turkish government, it has to do with a weapons manufacturer in Turkey.

Excatly! As they are so corrupted to let weapons manufacterers control Turkish borders

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Perhaps those shotguns were going to be re-routed to Austria, as the whole country is buying shotguns, although a report last week stated there were non in the dealerships now.
Seems woman are the biggest buyers, worried about the influx of 'foreigners' .

new topics

top topics

join