It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile's Pinochet cleared for trial on rights charges..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
SANTIAGO, Chile -- Chile's Supreme Court on Tuesday cleared the way for former dictator Gen. Augusto Pinochet to stand trial for nine kidnappings and one homicide allegedly committed when he was in power from 1973 to 1990.
''We are happy, the entire world is happy,'' said Lorena Pizarro, president of an association of relatives of dissidents slain during the dictatorship. ''Pinochet cannot continue to live in impunity.''
There was no immediate reaction from Pinochet's lawyers or associates, who now prepare to try again to have the charges dropped. AP

Hope not this man has to face the law...No more jojoing Pino...It's Your turn sir....
Just check out what he's all indited for..One Bad ......;......
One long file.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I bet he's hoping he gets to 'enjoy' a better level of justice than anything he ever afforded his captives.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm wondering if his lawyers are planning to dragthis long enough till he rotts on that chair of his...
It's a pure scandal whole some people with even old rotten power still get away with murder...
I feel very sorry for the people who's hope is been dragged along like some toy...

join