It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless veteran beaten to death by teens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There is a lack of respect for life these days that is truly sickening. Stories of things like this happening over and over. A homeless man set on fire. Dogs being mutilated while still alive. Children not even in their teens being targeted and murdered by street gangs. The lack of respect for life is a moral failure of epic proportion.

There are children running wild, killing innocent people at will. Some come from impoverished neighborhoods where people blame the lack of jobs or opportunity. But there are also children of wealthy families who seem to think they can kill with impunity, as if they are above the laws of the common man. These two seem worlds apart, yet they are disgustingly similar in the one aspect that matters most - the respect for life.

The moral compass is spinning. There is no guilt or remorse. The only regret is in having been caught. This can not be sustained. The fabric of society is stretched too tight. It is tearing apart. We will soon find ourselves exposed and vulnerable. And there will be no where to hide.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I feel the same way about people who bash gays.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The man they murdered was as far away from a 'have' then you can possibly be while the slimy animals that murdered him certainly had more than he did.

I do not understand the attempt to rationalize this as being created by some sort of false socio-economic disparity. Sometimes people just behave in murderous ways because they are goddamn sociopaths.

You just can't get it can you. He was man with nothing who depended on handouts...a scrounger.....taking good taxpayers money to feed his drinking and drug habits. It must be true it's the narrative of todays' culture as expressed in some of our media. I bet you those kids came from families whose members swear and shout at the TV about the scroungers living of their taxes. There are people like this here on ATS you damn well know there are.

Got it now ?

Just in case you fail to get that last link between law abiding citizen from taxpayers family to kicking the proverbial out of somebody. It's called de-humanisation. Once you de-humanise you can treat the person as an animal to be despised, beaten at will.

They might have done it for kicks but the de-humanisation process still precedes the beating.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Contrary to the spin and manipulations applied to reality by fraudsters and the media, so do I.

It might be wise to keep things on topic though? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I don't know what's happening, i never get the urge to gang beat people. I also would render aid if i saw something like this, all i can say is integrity is going out the window. I'm just going to protect me and my own, as far as killing a veteran those "kids" need to pay dearly.

Not that it lessens this heinous act any, but the guy actually is not a veteran.

Either way, I was literally just about to post this topic, good on the OP.

This is just another example of Black Privilege. Wonder how the media would be reacting if the headline was instead '6 white people beat homeless black man to death" - THere would be riots. Black privilege is not having your race mentioned when committing a crime such as this and having very little chance, if any of being charged with a hate crime, even if the exact same situation was reversed when it came to the races of the perps/victims.

Black privilege is also being allowed to be a hypocrite. While out of one corner of your mouth you can cry and complain about Police brutality, and out of the other, you can gang up on a homeless old man and beat the # out of him with a hammer, table leg and stomp on his head while he's on the ground.

Black privilege: Allowed to be a hypocrite, protection against being charged with a hate crime.

This was a hate crime, plain and simple.
edit on 27-11-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

How does this in any way shape or form relate to a completely seperate issue? Let me correct what you said, only white lives matter.

These kniuckleheads should e presecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would love to get his side of the story, I wonder if he would join us on Ats?

Oh and anyone who screws with the homeless should be stabbed in the face!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

I would love to get his side of the story, I wonder if he would join us on Ats?

Oh and anyone who screws with the homeless should be stabbed in the face!

He'll never get a chance to. He's dead.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

You must not have seen the video,

or,

understand sarcasm.

ATS lives matter.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Some here have mentioned that the victim may not have been a veteran. I don't know either way, I only went by the original article. Some have speculated he had drug and alcohol problems. And so on. Homeless happens sometimes.

None of that matters.

A man was brutally beaten to death by a bunch of thugs of all ages. I am happy to hear that at least some of them have been arrested and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The children in that family should be taken away so they have a chance of learning something about humanity. Its obvious they aren't going to learn that where they are now.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20080482]Augustus...exactly what the previous poster meant...they are leisured out and mum and dad provide.....all the thugs have to do is find something to fill the idle time....devil works with idle hands

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

If they don't know his name how do they know he's a vet?
Not that it really matters, it's just so senseless and what strikes me is how women/girls would be the ones swinging a hammer at the poor man's head.
I vaguely remember this vid from a while back - there are so many videos of senseless attacks like these it's easy to lose track.
There is a plague of evil in this country.
Not economic disparity or any other reason politicians will give.
It's evil pure and simple.
Without God and a sense of morality this is what we get.
We begin to think of ourselves as Gods and do whatever we want.
This is the source of our downfall.

I might as well hide behind what you wrote here so I don't
get jumped just as bad in text. It"s what I would write as well.
The problem isn't just these individuals. The problem is
spiritual. It's in the heart of everyone of us. In a way
atheism is right i guess, not because there is no God.
But we are Godless unless we seek him.

a reply to: yorkshirelad

Where do you get the idea that animals are treated this way?
I understand the problem with animal abuse, but to say
dehumanizing a person makes it okay to treat them
like an animal? Anyone that would treat an animal like
this? Is even worse IMO.
edit on Rpm112715v19201500000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
sadly if homeless.. there is a decent chance he was a veteran...

The people that did it... should be thrown in a hole to never again walk free..

Disgusted with humanity at the moment.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Nah I was referring to Beardsley Mchippie uptop.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
What kind of savage do you have to be to do that? I have never seen a homeless man and thought, "I bet it would be fun if we all jumped that defenseless guy and beat him with whatever he can get our hands on until he dies...yeah, thats a good time."

Some people do, it's easy to dehumanize the homeless, which doesn't say much for us as a society but it's certainly true.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

One only needs to look back a decade and remember the horrors of BumFights to fully realize just how far down the toilet we are.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
You just can't get it can you. He was man with nothing who depended on handouts...a scrounger.....taking good taxpayers money to feed his drinking and drug habits.

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or you failed to read the subsequent links to the story.

He was not taking taxpayer money, he was a homeless man who panhandled for money and was falsely accused by the son of one of the vile scumbags in the video of physically assaulting him.

He was murdered because someone lied about him, not because he was homeless and destitute.

edit on 28-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20082681]
Augustus...exactly what the previous poster meant...they are leisured out and mum and dad provide.....all the thugs have to do is find something to fill the idle time....devil works with idle hands

It would appear you did not read the links as well.

The people who killed him did not do this because they came from a well off family and they wanted to beat a homeless person. They beat him to death because the son lied about what actually transpired at the gas station earlier in the day.

Stop falling into a false narrative and try actually reading the full account before you post your falsely-concocted paradigm.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Its sad he died but good charge the people with murder .
Its funny how some people can do a crime and its a crime but others do a crime and its social injustice.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join