It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn Out The LIghts!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I see lights turn off but I also see them turn on sometimes. I'm still thinking it's random or just strange luck when they turn off while I'm around or possibly somehow my headlights are reflecting some light up and causing the light to turn off.

I've seen lights turn on while I was driving by so I don't always see them turn off.

Several others have talked about this. Back a few years ago I helped tag these type of threads on here with a term called sliders. If you search this site using the term, you can find at least 2 or 3 of the older threads.

Here is one I found using the search term.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe this was already suggested, but you could stop your car well ahead of the light and try walking up under it. If it turns off only when you are around and does not turn back on if you stay there for 5 or 10 minutes, then something strange is going on. If it cycles on and off while you are standing underneath it, maybe not. I read those old lights have defects which causes them to heat up, shut down, cool down, then turn back on. The rate at which this happens may depend upon the temperature and other factors. However there could be something strange going on to.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm starting to be convinced that, in my case at least, this is random. I've noticed this sort of thing 3 times in the past few days since I looked at this thread and started paying attention again, and it's just got to be some sort of probability issue. For example the road I mentioned in my last post is about a mile long give or take and lined on both sides with lights. Tonight I noted that 3-4 of the lights were already out, one turned off as I got near it, and another came on as I got near it. It must be that I'm catching the more finicky lights at just the right time... right?

It's not a particular vehicle as I've noticed it in several different ones, and it has never seemed tied to my emotional state or any intentional thought. Irritating really, and I'd look pretty suspicious if I just stopped in the middle of the night under one of the offending lights to see what it does next. It's always on roads with many lights, increasing the probability that ONE of them will malfunction at any given time, I suppose. Hmm.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join