It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downed Russian pilot vows revenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well, the Turks have been asking for it! Shooting down a Russian SU-24 was perhaps a faux pas of epic proportions by the trigger happy Turks. Killing the commander of the plane by members of the Turkman Brigade and the anti Assad FSA while he was parachuting after the plane was hit was a bad idea. They will now face the wrath of the Russians.

For starters, the Bab Hawa border crossing was bombed a few hours ago.

How it looked then.....

And what happened later...

London - A navigator from the Russian jet downed by Turkey pledged on Wednesday night to keep flying missions over Syria ‘to pay back’ those who killed his commander.

Captain Konstantin Murakhtin spoke for the first time after he was rescued by special forces in a daring 12-hour mission behind enemy lines.

Captain Konstantin
Pic: Daily Mail

Pic: Disclose TV

His Su-24 jet was blitzed out of the sky by two Turkish warplanes on Tuesday, before he was shot at by Turkmen rebels as he parachuted to the ground. His comrade Lieutenant Colonel Oleg Peshkov was killed by machine-gun fire after ejecting from the plane.

His dead body was surrounded by rebels chanting ‘Allahu Akhbar’ - Arabic for ‘God is great’. Captain Murakhtin managed to avoid the shots and upon landing fled from the rebels. He spent the rest of the day changing position and hiding in a forest by the Turkey-Syria border. When night fell, he used his emergency radio beacon to let the Russians military know he was alive and give them his location.

An 18-man Syrian special forces team, with six members of an elite Hezbollah unit, ‘penetrated terrorist-held areas’ and worked throughout the night to find him, it was said.

Russian special forces were also said to have been involved in the operation, which returned Captain Murakhtin ‘alive and well’ to the Russian Hemeimeem air base in Syria, where he received medical attention.
iol news pic Russain jet shot down

Speaking from the base, 30 miles from the border, he said: ‘There was no warning by radio exchange nor visually. There was no contact at all. The Turks did not get in touch with us.’

The Turkish government said they sent ten warnings in five minutes.

Captain Murakhtin added: ‘We were flying at about 6,000-metre [19,700ft] altitude. The weather was sunny … All the flight before the moment when the missile exploded was completely under my control. I could clearly see with the map and visually where the borders were and where we were.’ He claimed there ‘wasn’t even a threat of entering Turkish airspace’ because the crew knew the region ‘like the back of their hand’.

‘If they wanted to warn us, they could have showed themselves by flying at a parallel course,’ he added.

‘But there was nothing - and the missile hit the tail of our plane all of a sudden. We didn’t see it visually to have enough time to do an anti- missile manoeuvre.’

Captain Murakhtin is appealing to his commanders to allow him to remain in Syria. He said: ‘I can’t to return [to flying] … I have a debt to repay to the commander.’ The airman told Russian TV that he wanted to keep flying missions from the base to ‘pay them back for my commander’.

More here: www.iol.co.za...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
WTF were the Turks thinking? Heck, the SU-24 wasn't even armed with air to air missiles for self defense. And then what was the need to shoot it down? After all, Turkey has a fairly good economic relationship with Russia with billions of dollars worth of trade and tourism.

But then the Turks are pissed off at the Russians who are screwing the ISIS!!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Its great to see this man alive and well, and ready to kick some jihadi ass.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How is he going to get revenge from Siberia?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
S & F - very interesting development! I just read an article that Erdogan was trying to talk to Putin, Putin abdicates. Let's see

Link / German Newspaper

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for this guy.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wonder which side is telling the truth about the warnings. Most military aircraft monitor 121.5 or 243.0 which are guard channels which means they are universally used for distress or warnings. The Turkish warnings could have been over any frequency instead of the 121.5 or 243.0 frecs and thus the recordings.. The Russians would have never of heard a thing... On the other hand the Russians could just be lying..

Either way Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft and I doubt they will stop payback after just bombing the Bab Hawa border crossing check point.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Good Thread, worst shoot down since Francis Gary Powers.
And even the latter had it coming for hang time in that U2.

Consider Konstantin-- standing at the General Assembly
podium to appeal the removal of Turkey from the UN, for its
support of terrorism. While you're at it, keep the finger
pointed. I've got a list for you to read off to them.

Good chance the people that own the UN won't listen to you.
Neither will the hypocrites who actually want a big shooting
war to cover their psycho rears. PS glad you made it back.

edit on 27-11-2015 by derfreebie because: What IF...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How is he going to get revenge from Siberia?
Well he is a pilot so suppose he could fly........

Ooooor he could technically sit down at a missle launch control system and and simply launch from there.

Good question tho.....not really

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Very interesting and glad the pilot is safe.

Will be keeping an eye on this.... sf

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Erdogan's Twisted Logic: S-400 Must Not Shoot Down Turkish Jets Over Syria

The deadly S-400

Is this guy for real?

In what is a prime example of twisted logic, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned Russia against using its ultra-modern S-400 air defense system to shoot down Turkish fighter jets if they violate Syrian airspace just days after Ankara brought down a Russian Su-24 bomber.

Really?

Read more: sputniknews.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

I think he should keep away from the Turkish delight for awhile...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
And here's more. Things are getting pretty messy.....

Nuclear War Over Turkey Shooting Down Russian Jet ‘Likely’ – Russia’s Top Defense Analyst

www.valuewalk.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX
And here's more. Things are getting pretty messy.....

Nuclear War Over Turkey Shooting Down Russian Jet ‘Likely’ – Russia’s Top Defense Analyst

www.valuewalk.com...

Wonder how many bottles of vodka this guy had before making this statment. Seriously ? Nuclear war over ONE downed jet ?! Never gonna happen as that would be the end of the world as we know it

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

My thoughts exactly, the amount of people who think Nuclear missiles will be launched on a whim is too damn high.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Cannot blame them. Most who spout this line get their only information about rules of engagement and procedures of war from Tom Clancy, Call of Duty/Battlefield, and whatever is on TV's latest B war movies. Nuclear war threats are solely to ratchet up fear in each population to rally them behind their governments. Whatever though. This is the kind of retaliation I was expecting.

Wonder if Russia will just say # it "you did not want to join us, so your against us. All Aircraft not invited by the official government will be shot down for violation of sovereignty." Its not as the S-400 just showed up to look pretty.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Yeah I mean a plane? C'mon. Obviously it needs to be ONE boat in order for nukes to be dropped!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
All Aircraft not invited by the official government will be shot down for violation of sovereignty." Its not as the S-400 just showed up to look pretty.

Indeed, a conveniently truth left behind by the NATO. It always amazes me that France/England etc are talking about stepping up their air support when in fact they have no legitimate basis to fly there.

But aye, I wonder what nation will be the first to suffer from the S-400 system. And as previously noted, Syria is notorious for its air defense missile system.

edit on 27-11-2015 by Belgianbloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
so, no advanced avionics interfaced with a FAC on roosky fighters....that doesn't sound right....

no rearward facing ir....no awacs......no keeping the scan up......in the air force , some instructor pilots would tie strings to your helmet to make you scan....if you didn't keep it up.

edit on 27-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Seems like someone told the Turkmen to eliminate anyone who could refute their story about the SU-24 breaching their boarders. Their whole story kinda collapses when a live witness from the plane in question is there to give testimony. Man I feel bad for Turkey cause you know Russia isn't going to let this go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join