It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Russias 2 wars in Chechnya dont completely support the embracing their religion and culture comment. As for the rest some valid points.

no im not part of the problem in that regard.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: sosobad

So its easier to let them leave and kill them than deal with the problem at home?

Do you want Isis in your country? As I've said the may have had ties to IS/radicals but without having done anything couldn't be arrested. Did they end up join IS? Yes so they obviously had connections all along to IS ,send them 2 their deaths... whats the problem here, you sympathizing with animal radicals now? If so all I can say is wow!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

1)that was not a personal attack in any way but take another 1000 points from me i care not.

2)the way we in the west are dealing with it is not working at all ,pussyfooting around these people is not working.

3)it is creating a nice list of radicals for putin and they are creating the list themselves a very effective measure.

4)these people have lost the plot and belong in the land of the insane and not with peaceful cultures

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Of course not. At the same time I dont want to dump my problem on someone else. If they can be stopped then stop them.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
1)that was not a personal attack in any way but take another 1000 points from me i care not.

It is as it has nothing to do with the thread.

2)the way we in the west are dealing with it is not working at all ,pussyfooting around these people is not working.
and exporting the problem also does not work.

3)it is creating a nice list of radicals for putin and they are creating the list themselves a very effective measure.

What good is a list if they use it to document isis membership while doing nothing to stop it?

4)these people have lost the plot and belong in the land of the insane and not with peaceful cultures

Sure but if you can stop them before they kill people on their way to that land then why not stop them?

Or is the mindset as long as they arent killing Russians is what we are talking about?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

If course not. At the same time I dont want to dump my problem on someone else. If they can be stopped them stop them.

What better way of ensuring your countries safety than to send them somewhere that they'll get a cruise missile to the face or a nice shower from an AC130. I can imagine the life expectancies of these people will be too long living over there now.
edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

So its easier to let them leave and kill them than deal with the problem at home?

The answer to that in Russia is a resounding and obvious, YES. Putin and the Russian government have stated many times that they will not abide terrorist action in Russia and currently they are at war with terrorist actions in Syria. This news article is very much like what the U.S. did during World War II with the Japanese internment camps.

The answer to that in U.S. is much more complicated. It's a No with a but, maybe the U.S. unlike Russia does care about its international image, and will talk about helping all day long and "doing good", but when it comes down to doing the RIGHT thing then well... who knows?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

When you read through the article you read that these people are on the 'Wahhabi list' e.g. they attend a radical mosque and every country now tracks these mosques, because they are the seat of muslim extremism and terrorism. What are countries supposed to do because this is spreading from these Saudi influenced and financed mosques?

This is a twofold problem firstly for Muslims themselves if they don't like Wahabism its time they spoke out and acted to stop its spread. We should be done with the wide-eyed pathetic hand wringing muslims fall back on because its ineffective and keeps this situation going. Its the Muslim community itself through which this is spreading that has to be dealt with.

The other problem is that no non-muslim or secular state can ignore fundamental terrorist attacks they have to protect their publics from, so they have to act.

Its all well and good for the excessive little woo-woos who don't think they and theirs will ever be threatened in this way to complain about their perceived wrongdoings on this, but a chat to someone who has been a victim of these religious fanatics and whom also never thought it would happen to them or theirs would sober many of these people up into reality. The apologists and wide-eyed Ooh I don't want to deal with this problem are a major part of the cause of all of this and its continued terrorist recruitment and also Saudi Arabia which needs to face sanctions and pay reparation for the terrorism they are deliberately exporting.

I don't see Russia doing anything its citizens would't expect it to do. We arrest and interrogate wannabe jihadists here so why not there, unless people don't want to keep others safe in case it upsets people who choose to follow a religion that teaches violence against non believers?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

but they arent doing it in Russia. They are letting them leave the country for ISIS.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Xcath-Russia can potentially have a big problem with the Muslim population it has if Saudi Arabia has it ways

They know prince bandar and his evil little crew are planning attacks in Russia perhaps in reflection Syria will work out for them in the way that the radical Muslims in their country will travel there to kill Russians?

It certainly keeps them out the country

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'm with you, it's just that argument opens the door up for self condemnation and I think it's more complicated than that, I don't trust Russia

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So Russia is exporting their problem in hopes someone else with deal with it? Is that your position?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So Russia is exporting their problem in hopes someone else with deal with it? Is that your position?

If I recall Russia is in Syria are they not, they are dealing with them one way or another
After all its where these animals want to be. Do you want IS extremists living in your neighbourhood?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

pointing out ones political alliance is not a personal attack in anyway shape or form

now if i had called you names that would be a personal attack .
of course exporting the problem works these people can not be changed it is their beliefs and they will taint the minds of others within also creating a even bigger problem.
a list is good because most likely other members in the same family and friends are more likely be of the same belief .(birds of a feather stick together) no matter how good they are at hiding it.

why would you stop them they are a risk a very high risk .
cameron should use putin's method to but he has no clue how to run a country and it will end up costing lives.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I knew what you meant, but I am telling you, they do not care what their actions look like. They do not care what the west think, what our media says about them, how the Russian government appears to our press, or our people, or anyone else for that matter. They have propaganda for that. Their actual activities and how they look, do not, never have and never will concern the Russian government one bit. In this they are identical in methodology to the USA, the UK, and others, in that they are more than aware that they only have to apply the thinnest veneer or pretence of righteousness, in order to fool more than seventy percent of people into accepting their nonsense, in order to have relatively smooth sailing.

The USA and UK governments do not care that I know that they were complicit in the creation of ISIS, and the organisations which gave birth to it on the ground. The US government does not care that I know that its aircraft were responsible for assaulting a Medicins Sans Frontiers hospital, and using their heavy rapid fire weapons to gun down people fleeing the building, not to mention gutting the building and the doctors, nurses, and patients inside the hospital without mercy. The UK government does not care that I know that former PM Tony Blair is a war criminal, or that our government is hell bent on destroying our rights, allegedly to protect us, albeit from a threat they helped create in the first place.

None of what I know matters, because it changes nothing. Russia, of all the world powers, plasters the thinnest of veneers about its business, because they know that the governments of the rest of the world are actually no better or worse than they are, no more honest, or more prone to obfuscation, but where as our governments care how they look, the Russian government only cares about what they can get away with. They require no perceived moral high ground, they desire no plausible deniability, because they do not require the consent of their people, or to be favourably looked upon by the UN, NATO, or any of the other bodies involved in geopolitical matters.

The government of Russia has one key difference which separates it from the governments of the West, and that is that they do not value the appearance of legitimacy, of public consent or approval in their own nation, or anywhere else. They do not rely on favourable relations with other nations because they operate by way of pure power playing, where as their counterparts in other nations have to appear as if they are answerable to their populations. That is not the case in Russia. All a Russian government has to do to win approval at home, is be bloody terrifying as all hell, both overtly, and covertly, to swing its weight around without care for what is crushed beneath its vast bulk, and that is all they have to do to keep their power.

Not so in the West. In the west, the pretence of democracy is an important lie to those living here, many of whom cling to it as if it were driftwood in a flood, despite the fact that it has no substance to it, that it is notional, not a real thing manifest in a real world, but a subterfuge created to allow for our peaceful consent to be controlled. Russian government needs no significant obfuscation of its aims, no significant veneer in order to keep itself safe from the consequence of its operations. It has manpower and military might which are MORE than capable of deterring anyone from ACTUALLY taking them to task for whatever they might do which displeases others in the international community, and so I say again, whether it is at home, or abroad, its government simply do not care what their operations look like, what they are found to be involved in, or how things appear to outsiders or citizens of their own nation alike.

It is of zero concern to them.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yeah just not fighting ISIS.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yeah just not fighting ISIS.

Good one

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So is Russia also to blame for supporting ISIS by intentionally trying to drive Muslims out of Russia?

Yeah, Russia is to blame for supporting ISIS with fighters. France is to blame, Belgium, Sweden..the whole world is to blame. Only ISIS can't be blame. Or god forbid someone blames the religion they abide...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

And you would be wrong. If you dropped the sarcasm you might have noticed the bulk of those countries try to stop their population from joining ISIS. The question is why doesnt russia?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Telos

And you would be wrong. If you dropped the sarcasm you might have noticed the bulk of those countries try to stop their population from joining ISIS. The question is why doesnt russia?

Worked out well for France, all eu nationals that attacked paris in the name of IS...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join