It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tank Raid On Gaza Kills 7....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
PALESTINIAN presidential candidate Mahmoud Abbas yesterday branded Israel the "Zionist enemy" after a tank raid in Gaza.Seven Palestinian youths, aged 11 to 17, were reportedly killed by a shell in a strawberry field. Fifteen other people were hurt, several critically.

Israeli army chiefs claimed it had targeted militants who had fired mortar bombs into a nearby Jewish settlement, wounding two people.They added it was regrettable "if civilians were indeed hurt".But the outburst from Mr Abbas, 69, who as a moderate is widely tipped to succeed Yasser Arafat, angered Israel.Israel's deputy prime-minister Ehud Olmert said: "What he said was unacceptable and no basis for future co-operation."
Mirror U.K.
So these young teens must be terrorists,cause they Live in Gaza..,Right..??...
I don't understand these Zionists,what else do they want.They have their promised land but that's not enough they have go and build settelments on the palestineans terrean too..Can someone explain this to me;cause I'm pretty stupid..excuse me while I touch the sky..

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Horus_Re]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
PALESTINIAN presidential candidate Mahmoud Abbas yesterday branded Israel the "Zionist enemy" after a tank raid in Gaza.Seven Palestinian youths, aged 11 to 17, were reportedly killed by a shell in a strawberry field. Fifteen other people were hurt, several critically.

Israeli army chiefs claimed it had targeted militants who had fired mortar bombs into a nearby Jewish settlement, wounding two people.They added it was regrettable "if civilians were indeed hurt".But the outburst from Mr Abbas, 69, who as a moderate is widely tipped to succeed Yasser Arafat, angered Israel.Israel's deputy prime-minister Ehud Olmert said: "What he said was unacceptable and no basis for future co-operation."
Mirror U.K.
So these young teens must be terrorists,cause they Live in Gaza..,Right..??...
I don't understand these Zionists,what else do they want.They have their promised land but that's not enough they have go and build settelments on the palestineans terrean too..Can someone explain this to me;cause I'm pretty stupid..excuse me while I touch the sky..

well i am not even going to dabate about israeli-palestine situation, because it makes me more sick than the iraqi situation.
for more than fifty years palestinian people are fighting for, again, their homeland and their lives. there is a war going on in israeli so called "wild settlements" where first come the armored vehicles to clean-up the people and their homes, and then immidiatly after come the bulldozers already building new homes for jewish population.
there are tanks and soliders on the streets all the times, to make the country "safe and secure". choppers (american built apache) attack cars and buildings in middle of urban areas, always killing innocent people, just to "get rid of one target" with their excellent accurancy.
you are asking what do these "zionists" want?
more land! more money! money power! more! more! more!!!
and ofcourse
get rid of those pesky palestinian terrorists that attacks for no reason!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You know they have aleady said that they will not deal with Abbas,because he called them Zionists...for this last attack..
It sickenns me to see such attroasciose attiudes towards a people who just want to live in their OWN land..I don't get it..
I had started on a file accumulating all the history from both sides and see what I can make out of it...I must say I sort of put it aside the task is huge;unless you get The Israelis to relent on their paranoia & eccessive force..but as they say 'stick & stones woun't brake my bones'!! that's the spirit the Arabs hold as motto...atmleast speaking for myself...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The 'Greater Middle East� in the 21st Century
Can the world�s leading conflict zone clear a path towards peace, prosperity and freedom? The last article of Reinhard Hesse � openDemocracy contributor and adviser to the German Chancellor, Gerhard Schr�der � looks forward to analyse the forces that might transform a troubled region.

In the first years of the 21st century democratic forces in the Arab and Muslim worlds are trapped in a cruel dilemma. They know that that Islam is compatible with democracy, freedom and prosperity - but realise that when the west (rather than these forces themselves) takes the lead in enforcing this understanding, progress towards these goals is often delayed not advanced.

The result is an agonised political paralysis. A series of hammer-blows - United States-led intervention in Iraq, continuing violence and desperation in Israeli-occupied Palestine, and �borderless� (morally as well as geographically) Islamist terrorism - inhibits people in the region from taking risks for political reform. Even well-meaning strategies to support progressive changes are seen, by significant elements of the population as well as the ruling elites, as an external intervention and potential threat.
www.turkishweekly.net...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The poor oppressed "pali-terrorist" were give a homeland in 1948. It is called Jordan today. The Israelis should have everything from well heres a map for you children;

Any questions?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've got Only answers,will that do Doc...
I am really very honored to have you on board Doc...you point is taken !!

Now research THIS !!
Cultural Imperialism..
Thanks for your reply. But really, Zionism has been a tremendous failure in the human rights area, and the history of the modern Israeli state is less than noble- a Jewish state at the expense of Palestinian Arabs for disenfranchised European Jews, whose suffering has lost all moral relevance becasue of the suffering they themselves inflicted on those they choose to displace.. They have fought so hard in this country to ensure that religious groups cannot force their beliefs on to other people, that they should not support the seizure of Arab lands and "settlements" for Zionist ideology. Nope- modern Israel is a step backward into a time long vanished whose only relevance today is as an example of religious extremism and militancy gone astray for religious ends that only G-d can himself can ordain- not Theordore Herzel. Zionist militancy and Islamic militancy are the same evil cloaked in different cloth. Have a nice day protecting "your" relatives, but do not do unto others as you would have them not do unto you.
my 'solution' is the same as I set out above - and that is for America and Israel to pursue a genuine and meaningful dialogue with the Palestinians - something that I - and a great many others in this world do not believe has so far ever really happend. For this to work, America would have to weild the considerable influence she has over the Israeli government - by threatening to withold some of the many billions of dollars in military and ecconomic aid Israel recieves from the US each year. Only when Israel is faced with the prospect of genuine economic sanctions will she ever be really serious about negotiation. But of course the historical republican lack of interest in the USA (and to a slightly lesser extent among the Democrats too) in pursuing a genuine settlement between Israel and the Palestinians (due in no small part to the extremely large Jewish lobby within America and the very real impact they can have on elections) has always and may always continue to get in the way of any such agreement ever becomming viable. You ask me for an answer, but my question is why are you asking me for an answer when the answer is in your/your government's hands and the hands of the Israeli leadership?

And your argument can just as easily be turned against you. Why don't we then just tell the Palistinians to get the hell out? Why don't we round them all up and force them to walk into the sea? Or does that really seem like a viable solution to you? You say that it is not acceptable to criticise the Israelis - but it is perfectly acceptable to continue to criticise, persecute and kill vast numbers of the Palestinian people? Well that is to say the least, one hell of a double standard. So I have a question for you - and that is how exactly do you square that? What for a change is YOUR answer? I can tell you what I think is wrong, I can tell you how I THINK it should be fixed, but really I'm not the one who's going to change it. For that to happen it would require people like you to genuinely want a solution too and for you to encourage your leaders and those who are in a postion to influence the outcome to work towards a real and sustanable compromise too.

This isn't all one sided - and history isn't as convienient as many Israelis have painted it. The only possible way forward is through real dialogue and meaningful compromise.
Without this there will be no solution. Period.

Oh Yeh the land you mentioned is known as Canaan was is situated in the territory of the southern Levant, which today encompasses Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, Jordan, and the southern portions of Syria and Lebanon. Throughout time, many names have been given to this area including Palestine, Eretz-Israel, Bilad es-Shem, the Holy Land and Djahy. The earliest known name for this area was "Canaan."

The inhabitants of Canaan were never ethnically or politically unified as a single nation. They did, however, share sufficient similarities in language and culture to be described together as "Canaanites."

Israel refers to both a people within Canaan and later to the political entity formed by those people. To the authors of the Bible, Canaan is the land which the tribes of Israel conquered after an Exodus from Egypt and the Canaanites are the people they disposed from this land. The Old Testament of the Bible (also known as Tanak) is principally concerned with the religious history of Israel in Canaan.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
And if Maps is what you want to make you'r point then maps is what you get..buddy..

Take a close look at this PRESENT DAY MAP of the Middle East in which you can see that 22 Arab and/or Muslim [Iran is not considered Arab] nations completely engulf Israel. If someone can explain to me how "expansionist Israel" has "taken over" the Middle East, please email me! The Arab countries occupy 640 times the land mass as does Israel and outnumber the Jews of Israel by nearly fifty to one. So much for Arab propaganda!

Now notice the TOTAL area of Israel and Jordan. This was referred to as "Palestine" and mandated under British administration following World War I (see next map below). How convenient that today's Arab propagandists forget that land east of the Jordan River was also part of "Palestine" and is, in fact, the Arab-Palestinian State!

This is the evolution and History of your Map Doc....

What I don't understand is that the US has a strong religious belief in Christ,right !!
So what the Big Brother connection to the very people who crucified Christ for...explain that to me Doc..as I'm not quite sure I dare look it up...

top topics

join