It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Plane Shot Victims Fleeing Doctors Without Borders Hospital.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
U.S. Plane Shot Victims Fleeing Doctors Without Borders Hospital: Charity

KABUL, Afghanistan — A U.S. warplane shot people trying to flee a burning hospital destroyed in airstrikes last month, according to the charity that ran the facility.

"Thirty of our patients and medical staff died [in the bombing]," Doctors Without Borders General Director Christopher Stokes said during a speech in Kabul unveiling a report on the incident.

"Some of them lost their limbs and were decapitated in the explosions. Others were shot by the circling gunship while fleeing the burning building."

There was a lot of outrage over the Paris shootings which claimed the lives of 130 people, and rightfully so.

But for some reason, I dont see the same type of outrage when governments commit war crimes via "military operations".

The non-stop attacks on these nations from Iraq to Libya to the drone bombings in Pakistan and Yemen. Supporting and creation of groups like Al-CIAeda and ISUS...

With the possible exception of the Vietnam era when people could be seen wearing shirts like "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out", I dont think our nation has been at such a morale low.

Our government has plunged this country into a state of constant war. We have become a nation which embraces violence as a solution whether its overseas or domestically via the Bundy ranch or the general treatment of police towards the common slave.

If in-fact "God" is mad at us, I doubt its over gay "marriage". Theres a lot of blood on our hands and it cant be good for our collective karma.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Sick.

Just sick, disgusting and inhumane.

That is all I'm going to say about it.

Well, this too...

The investigations will most certainly lean towards the US not doing anything unjustified for some reason or another.

Does anyone really think the US will actually be held accountable for this atrocity?
edit on 26-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Terrorism.

Undoubtably, this... is Terrorism.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This was a case of a series of screw ups. The gunship was targeting an intelligence headquarters that had fallen, only couldn't find it using their sensors, so relied on a Special Forces team on the ground to identify the building, which wasn't far from the hospital.

The SF team failed to stop the attack whenthe shells started to land on the hospital, which led the crew of the gunship to believe they were hitting the right building, and anyone leaving it was an insurgent.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
U.S. Plane Shot Victims Fleeing Doctors Without Borders Hospital: Charity

KABUL, Afghanistan — A U.S. warplane shot people trying to flee a burning hospital destroyed in airstrikes last month, according to the charity that ran the facility.

"Thirty of our patients and medical staff died [in the bombing]," Doctors Without Borders General Director Christopher Stokes said during a speech in Kabul unveiling a report on the incident.

"Some of them lost their limbs and were decapitated in the explosions. Others were shot by the circling gunship while fleeing the burning building."

There was a lot of outrage over the Paris shootings which claimed the lives of 130 people, and rightfully so.

But for some reason, I dont see the same type of outrage when governments commit war crimes via "military operations".

Its not a question of outrage over government vs non government atrocities, its a matter a what 'they' want the general population to focus on in order to keep the wheel in motion. ( 'They', can be whom ever you want).

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Could you link me to a source for that? I only ask because I have read different things from what you posted.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Terrorism.

Undoubtably, this… is Terrorism.

Sorry Charlie, when the US does it, they call it war. When the "enemy" does it, they're labeled terrorists.

If it hadn't been for those pesky survivors, we'd never have heard about it.

Just like the video, Collateral Murder.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

The report mostly blames the gunship crew, who were flying the mission with an aircraft that had various problems that didn't prevent it from flying the mission, but made it much more difficult, as well as failure by their chain of command to brief them about the location of the hospital, and relay to them they were firing on a hospital for 17 minutes.

www.npr.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Government seems to believe and have convinced enough of the population that if it wasn't your intent to do something despicable then the despicable act is acceptable. I don't believe for one second that they purposely targeted this hospital but it happened and people should be held responsible for their actions.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks

I'll be back once I read it.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

It is absolutely reprehensible that this has occurred.

Not only did they bomb the hospital they had the gunship sit outside of it and continue the assualt.

There is no excuse for this, those giving commands/pulling the triggers should be charged accordingly
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

The report mostly blames the gunship crew, who were flying the mission with an aircraft that had various problems that didn't prevent it from flying the mission, but made it much more difficult, as well as failure by their chain of command to brief them about the location of the hospital, and relay to them they were firing on a hospital for 17 minutes.

www.npr.org...

Thanks for the article on NPR . A breakdown from the higher-ups in the CoC . Who would have thunk it possible?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
This was a case of a series of screw ups. The gunship was targeting an intelligence headquarters that had fallen, only couldn't find it using their sensors, so relied on a Special Forces team on the ground to identify the building, which wasn't far from the hospital.

The SF team failed to stop the attack whenthe shells started to land on the hospital, which led the crew of the gunship to believe they were hitting the right building, and anyone leaving it was an insurgent.

This is clearly a human error that resulted in tragic loss of lives. Nevertheless, Justice must prevail in this case, and so this should be referred to the International Criminal Court for investigations.

Someone should be held accountable for this mass killing of civilians, regardless of human error.
edit on 26-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The reason for the lack of outrage is simply because anyone that willingly enters a war zone is putting their life at risk. The fact that someone is killed when taking that risk...be it from 'friendly fire' or enemy fighter is not a surprise.

Now, people in Paris had a reasonable expectation of safety and security. Anyone could identify with the people of Paris who were gunned down while living their normal everyday lives.

Personally, I would not place myself in a war zone so I don't identify easily with those killed in this instance. That isn't to say I don't think it is tragic, but they assumed the risk.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Nevertheless, Justice must prevail in this case, and so this should be referred to the International Criminal Court for investigations.

Just because someone wants to create an 'International Criminal Court' doesn't mean everyone recognizes it's authority or jurisdiction.

Personally I think it is a joke.
edit on 2015/11/26 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Nevertheless, Justice must prevail in this case, and so this should be referred to the International Criminal Court for investigations.

Just because someone wants to create an 'International Criminal Court' doesn't mean everyone recognizes it's authority or jurisdiction.

Personally I think it is a joke.

It is a joke.
The U.S. for instance is not a participant in the I.C.C. and they even stated, that if ever an American is put on trial in the Hague, they would use force in order to free them. (in effect threatening another NATO country by this)

In addition, ASPA contained provisions prohibiting U.S. co-operation with the Court, and permitting the President to authorize military force to free any U.S. military personnel held by the court, leading opponents to dub it "The Hague Invasion Act." The act was later modified to permit U.S. cooperation with the ICC when dealing with U.S. enemies. It has been argued that the act was a measure created to protect Americans from ICC jurisdiction or prosecution.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes, a hospital that treats murderers who worship black stones encased in silver at Mecca is nothing short of terrorism.

Doctors without borders should treat only non-combatants, not religious fundamentalists. Maybe then they wouldn't get shot fleeing from the hospital. The unfortunate part is that it took an atrocity like this to get Doctors Without Borders to rethink their ethics. I would like to congratulate whoever gave the order to those pilots to kill those who were aiding terrorists in the name of medical philanthropy.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Miracula2 because: Added more information

edit on 26-11-2015 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't think this will go unpunished by the US itself. I know the US has a history of holding its own accountable for accidents. Maybe Zaphod can give us his thoughts on what will come of this.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Art. 15. Any Party to the conflict may, either direct or through a neutral State or some humanitarian organization, propose to the adverse Party to establish, in the regions where fighting is taking place, neutralized zones intended to shelter from the effects of war the following persons, without
distinction:

(a) wounded and sick combatants or non-combatants;
(b) civilian persons who take no part in hostilities, and who, while they reside in the zones, perform no work of a military character.

Source:
Convention (IV) relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

FYI, was also signed by the U.S.A.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Rules in war only apply to those that are winning.

Much like principles only apply to those who are well fed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join