It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump mocks reporter's disability

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Obama was being self deprecating and came off wrong. Trying to make a joke about himself. Trump was being cruel. BIG difference.

Obama's narcissism is cruel. He has a real problem with it. He thought his comment would make him endearing and never considered how cruel it came-off to those with disabilities.

On the other hand...

Trump's fragile ego is cruel. He has a real problem with it. He thought his comment would make him endearing and never considered how cruel it came-off to those with disabilities.

There is only a difference to people who want to score political points.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Swills

There are crazies in politics period. Both parties have some wackodoodles

I try to look at both sides objectively but the Republicans have three crazies leading the pack who are far worse than any Democrat who has been taken seriously in the primaries in my memory.

Who is the Democratic equivalent of Trump? Or Carson?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

a reply to: Swills

I don't expect any apologies from Trump, but if his handlers can persuade him to apologize then all is forgiven.

That's how it works. Eh?

Not for me. Making fun of disabled is evidence of CHARACTER. You can't apologize CHARACTER away.

Well, not for me either, but I'm sure we all remember Obama comparing his crappy bowling game to the Special Olympics, on Leno, and then apologizing after his handlers had a word with him. It took some serious PR damage control and he wound up getting a bowling lesson from a Special Olympian.

All was forgiven, but I personally would never stoop to make fun of the athletes that participate in the Special Olympics, in the first place. For me, it just exposed Obama's serious character flaws but he was elected a second term anyway.

It was a dumb thing for Obama to say, but he wasn't purposefully mean. An apology can fix that one. Not this one.

That may be true for an Obama supporter. It's not true to me as a nonpartisan. Obama wanted a laugh at the expense of Special Olympic athletes, on Leno. Trump wanted a laugh at the journalist's expense, during a speech.

There's no difference to people who have no partisan filter.

It was wrong. But there is a difference between a foot-in-mouth gaffe that stereotyped Special Olympics participants while making fun of one's own bowling score- and what Trump did. Obama apologized even before there was a backlash. Trump simply does not care.

Obama apologized after the taping and speaking with his PR handlers who issued the initial apology. I don't consider that to be genuine self-reflection and regret.

If Trump's handlers don't convince him to do the same, it just confirms what I already believe -- Trump is a provocateur. I already know he is an ass...and so is Obama.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: hammanderr

Your entire post is ridiculous. Trump is not best friends with this reporter.

You think its because of political correctness we shouldn't make fun of the disabled?

Do you make fun of the disabled openly in public? If so, you're disgusting.

As a disabled person I can't star this enough.

I'm self deprecating and enjoy my friends taking the mick out of my disability as it makes me feel more human/'normal' and it's my personal way of dealing with my disablity- however these are friends I've chosen and based on my personal outlook.

If a stranger mocked my disability or another persons in public, especially on national TV, I would be outraged and devastated and would do all I can to make sure the person is never, ever capable of making the same mistake again. Freedom of speech isn't much use if you no longer have a tongue (not proud to say that or trying to be hard, just pointing out the effect these things have and what I'd do to stop them).

link   

I'm not even American dude. I saw both. One was a joke that flopped. One was a cruel jibe. No points for this guy. Just being objective. Sure you are?

link   

The difference is, Obama is willing to put himself down. When has Trump EVER put himself down? Has he ever made fun of his own hair? Has he ever made fun of his accent? Has he ever made fun of his stupid lips? Has he ever made fun of the fact he has a trophy wife?

Obama makes fun of how he sings, how he walks, how he plays golf/basketball/bowling, etc.

link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
Real men, who work, do tough stuff, kill animals and eat them. Do you know these type of men?

I know a lot of men like that who wouldn't make fun of someone who is disabled.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That disabled reporter is fair game.... If you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The difference is, Obama is willing to put himself down. When has Trump EVER put himself down? Has he ever made fun of his own hair? Has he ever made fun of his accent? Has he ever made fun of his stupid lips? Has he ever made fun of the fact he has a trophy wife?

Obama makes fun of how he sings, how he walks, how he plays golf/basketball/bowling, etc.

Yes. Did you watch SNL? Did you see the opening monologue? Did you see the skit with 'Melania?'

LINK to Slate

Donald Trump last hosted SNL in the April of 2004. In the 11 years since, he’s had a few Apprentice seasons and one presidential campaign to hone his natural gift for monologue, and the results were on full display Saturday when he returned for his second go-round at 30 Rock.

The presidential frontrunner opened the show with his usual blend of bombast and self-deprecation, until he was joined by a few surprise guests—namely, two other Donald Trumps. Things get confusing from there.

Again, I really think partisans have a filter.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
He has poor taste, zero empathy and is a bully. But shame on you for being self-righteous.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I'm not even American dude. I saw both. One was a joke that flopped. One was a cruel jibe. No points for this guy. Just being objective. Sure you are?

Trump was purposefully mean to the journalist, inadvertently mean to other disabled people.
Obama was purposefully enamored with himself, inadvertently mean to disabled people.

The difference is so insignificant, it's ridiculous to defend one over the other.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
a reply to: reldra
Real men, who work, do tough stuff, kill animals and eat them. Do you know these type of men?

I do all these and between mates we tare each other to shreds for fun and friendship. I train alongside ex-SAS despite being made disabled three years ago, have passed mock selection and cycled Europe sleeping rough and foraging despite having a terminator arm, wrist and brain injury with epilepsy - I know a lot of hard bastards, but not a single one of them would ever mock or pick on someone less fortunate or weaker than themselves as they're real men and a real man looks after those less fortunate.

If they hear another man doing the same, they'll take them outside to give them the good news.

You sound like you're talking about a bunch of teenagers/maybe early 20s wet behind the ears kid who think they're men but are just playground bullies.

Toughness is getting the job done and using your mental and physical toughness to help everyone behind you cross the line. That's what separates men from boys.
edit on 26-11-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think he has maybe crossed a line here. This is not about a 'group' or a 'race'. This is personal. This isn't going to go over well for a lot of people. It's despicable.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Should I vote for the woman who let our guys die in Benghazi ?

That is shame.

Trump is just an idiot.

You do there this more candidates than just Trump and the Hilderbest right?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I admit my mistake earlier for saying good things about Donald Trump, for this is the straw that breaks the camels back for me…mocking a disabled person

Trump is a pig and I withdraw any support for him at this time

First of all, in politics, I am an issues person. I decide based on what a candidate says on issues…

I at first liked Trumps ideas of bringing jobs back and his attacking these trade deals and his foreign policy was not as of yet neocon infested…

But then again I didn’t like Trumps immigration policy but at first could accept it save for the part about throwing children out of the country.

Then comes the Muslim database, then the WTC outright lie and slander and worst Trump’s ability to distort, lie and never drawback from when he’s caught in a distortion, or lie, something that is the most dangerous aspect to his personality and bodes ill for him being a president.

As well his inciting racist dog whistle politics and jingoistic sectarian dogma

If Trump could have avoided these pernicious actions and ideas I could have supported him

But as of now he is despicable and to mock a disabled person is the last draw.

He has proven to be a bottom dwelling scoundrel

edit on 26-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I admit my mistake earlier for saying good things about Donald Trump, for this is the straw that breaks the camels back for me…mocking a disabled person

Trump is a pig and I withdraw any support for him at this time

You are at least the second person on this thread to do so.

It also further illustrates his internal emotional status, it's like a five year old child's; one who is unable to express his frustrations in an adult way, so he lashes out like this.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Really????? Well Ted Cruz's father wanted to bring a theocracy into the US. If Ted Cruz come to power he will bring his father's twisted dream to life.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think it's great you have the standards to reject Trump for his many character flaws. I wish more people held their favored candidates' feet to the flames. At some point, it becomes grossly unfair to the minority when the majority decides that loyalty to a party/candidate is more important than electing someone with the character to lead.

So, good on you.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Not excusing it. Just trying to understand why he would do such a thing.

Because he has shown time and time again that if he is confronted he will turn and attack the person calling him out.
It is just Trump being Trump.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: whyamIhere

Not excusing it. Just trying to understand why he would do such a thing.

Because he has shown time and time again that if he is confronted he will turn and attack the person calling him out.
It is just Trump being Trump.

Trump vs Putin. Recipe for annihilation?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join