It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday I had to call the police on my employer just to get my last check.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Hey Bro!

You might be having the last laugh here. Kicking up a fuss sure gets things done. Sounds like they treated you bad and paying you bottom line. If you had been all nice about it and allowed yourself to be messed around you would still be waiting for the cheque.

Your Lady sounds very assertive (that is putting it mildly). These kind of employers don't give a hoot about you or your well being. She is right to tell you to get a better job.

One thing. Don't you and your Lady put your lives in any trouble getting wound up. It is easy to lose tempers when life is stressful.

Relax, Bro. You won this time. I like your battle rant and story. Nice snap shot of U.S life. Thanks.

Take real good care. God bless you and your wife and I hope you have happier times.

Happy thanksgiving Wasaka.

edit on 26-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yesterday I had to call the police on my employer just to get my last check. - In recent days I have been reading about liens and it seems there is such a think as a workmans Lien in the US.

Perhaps you might like to look it up for potential future use.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Dude, seriously ..you called 911 over a check? Haven't read all the replies but you're lucky charges weren't filed on you for using 911 for a non-life threatening situation.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
After reading your rant with responses to this point, I sense most are responding to your sense of outrage. Could it be a case of transference-your rage against your domestic abuse being used against your employer (rude and deceitful as he is)? Lots going in the wrong direction in your life and I get it. We have all felt the same powerlessness in our lives at some point. I experienced similar behavior during the 2008-11 period during my time in Clearwater, Fl. I never never knew such low-lifes, bounced paychecks-had us lying to customers. I left several "jobs" after discovering the truth. I never flew a fit just ran away-these are civil problems and these small startups would disappear before the courts could set the court date. It was a frustrating time and a steep fall for me having had 30 plus years as an honest, caring real estate broker. But I knew many were hurting so I continued to seek out opportunities to survive the times and I did. So will you, but perhaps you need a support system-firstly running from your abusive spouse-either from a church or a governmental group that could help nourish your need for maybe continued education, food, etc. You don't need this scary woman making threats and pulling you down. I say-run away and find some positives to hold you up during this time- and maybe you can the next person offering another a helping hand. Best wishes- I do feel for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

i did it for 15 yrs so i feel ya bro i got a great wife that has let me get much needed time off.
sales man it is good for us poor ect...but man what a headache quota quota quota lol
and all the drugs in the places ggod lord and good luck

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Yesterday I had to call the police on my employer just to get my last check. - In recent days I have been reading about liens and it seems there is such a think as a workmans Lien in the US.

Perhaps you might like to look it up for potential future use.

Interesting. I have heard of this before.

In Amerika we call it a Mechanic Lien, and as I understand it is something mostly men who have their own (expensive) tools would use to protect their property. Now that you have raise the question, the veritas and virtue of such an application. First, in terms of applying the "Mechanic's Lein" to my situation, I need to sort out what I believe. In short, I must work with the idea to find THE TRUTH for myself.

Second, I need to sit with the TRUTH until I can clearly see the best way foreword. In my experience, that is often the path that requires I grow and stretch as a person. I also know it will require great courage for me to move forward, to do what that is asked of me, to do that which I must do.

Ask yourself: "What do I do, when all the other options to stoppiing my property from being stolen are exhausted or unavailable? At that point, what is the best course of action, what do you do then?

The VIRTUE side of this question is asking:
What is the utility of the Mechanic Lien?

The VERITAS side of this question is asking:
Does the Mechanic Lien apply to said case.

: VERITAS (the Truth)

She was the Goddess of Truth, a daughter of Saturn and the mother of Virtue. It was believed that she hid in the bottom of a holy well because she was so elusive.

: VIRTUE (moral excellence)

In traditional Christian angelology the seventh highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy is Virtue.

In the West it is often reference with the same two words: moral excellence. A virtue is a positive trait or quality deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as a foundation of principle (law) and good moral being. We often explain virtue by the opposite force we call vice. This is a poor way to define VIRTUE. A thing can not be defined by pointing to what that thing is not. To say "Virtue is not Vice" tells us nothing of import about what Virtue actually looks like. feels like, or taste like. What is VIRTUE it terms of applying this legal precedent.

How old is the legal tradition?

How long has the idea of justice by means of a "Mechanic's Lein" (or other similar ideas) been around? What did it start? If it goes by 400 years or more, then I say it has sound precedent in common law. The fact that usage has fallen out of fashion in the modern age is complete irrelevant to the court (or ought to be). It might viewed as ridiculous to some (like my boss), but as long as you make a good show that your actions (blocking the man's car from moving) are legal... then you make space for your case in court and in the sight of a police officer to whom you explain the legal course of action. In the end, it may be a issue for the court to decide.

What purpose does it serve? For me, or other poor cats like me??? What is the thing's practical utility? What good is it? And as I think about that, I wonder how far a person could go? What far might one take this. What would be too far?

What is the common law application, and could current precedent be expanded outward and used by the common man in other everyday situations? For example, if a man was trying to get his paycheck from a crooked employer?

In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a legal case establishing a principle or rule that a court or other judicial body adopts when deciding later cases with similar issues or facts based upon earlier trial results. If the meaning and spirit of this very old legal precedent we know as "A Workmans Lien" were to be explained to a child, what simple terms and examples from everyday life would you use?

The thought never occurred to me to use the same legal president to out maneuver my AIR SUCKING BOSS by blocking his car in it parying space until I go my check. If I did that, he would likely have called the cops on me, and that is why I didn't do that. However, armed with this brilliant idea, I how have a legal strategy to address that outcome to my advantage.

I can see why some people love the legal profession,
it can be reinvented all the time. This happens in two
fundamental ways:

1) BY THE JUDGE or by UPSTREAM COURT JUDGES until reach the High Court. The might be a court ruling on a new technology like MP3 downloading, or buy medical grade MARYJANE on a Bitcoin Free Market, privacy from intrusive WiFi fields come from you upstairs neighbors, to some other modern wizardry that disrupts peoples lives.

2) BY JURY TRIAL and by the court of public opinion. The JURY can find a person not guilty because they don't like a law or thing it is unfair, even if they know the defendant committed the Offense. Judges will lie and tell the JURY his is not true. The do it every day. But in the end, even the High Court is influence by the court of public opinion.

It is a very interesting idea, and what I could have done is blocked the bosses car in his parking spot so that he could not move it. Then I wait and see if he would call the cops on me, knowing I have the "Mechanic Lein" argument ready to lay on him. He might get angry (that much is certain) but what could he do?

F#CK YOU PAY ME

He could get physical or call the cops himself.

YEAH? SO WHAT. F#CK YOU PAY ME

This might be tempting fate (these two guys were "Heavy Actors" and MEAT HEADS).

I like the idea. But I would still be the one to call the cops.

Perhaps in the future, if I am tempted to violence, and could use this strategy. The idea is to avoid violence by using the legal system. What the court say about the events is not secondary to the reason for my actions in the first place. If I believe I am preventing a crime of thief, know that my hard earn money is being withheld without good reason, that is enough for me to act with VIRTUE and VERITAS.

edit on 27-11-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

when someone quits in any shop I've ever run, we issue their paycheck on schedule (on the next pay day). If we fire them, we typically try to have their check ready upon termination. If that isn't possible, we will issue it via direct deposit (assuming we already secured all company property) on the next pay run.

No way would someone quit, then get a check that day. Especially if they quit without a 2 week notice.

ETA: depending on the state you live in, it can vary. But in Texas, we are ruled by Texas Payday Law. Texas Payday Law is pretty clear: if you quit, you get paid on the normal pay schedule. If you are termed, we have until your next paycheck to make all remunerations.
edit on 11/27/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

when someone quits in any shop I've ever run, we issue their paycheck on schedule (on the next pay day). If we fire them, we typically try to have their check ready upon termination. If that isn't possible, we will issue it via direct deposit (assuming we already secured all company property) on the next pay run.

No way would someone quit, then get a check that day. Especially if they quit without a 2 week notice.

ETA: depending on the state you live in, it can vary. But in Texas, we are ruled by Texas Payday Law. Texas Payday Law is pretty clear: if you quit, you get paid on the normal pay schedule. If you are termed, we have until your next paycheck to make all remunerations.

Yes, yes. SIOUX HEAD DRESS

First, this was my regular pay day.

If I had showed up a 10:00 then the check would have been
in my hands at 1:30 for certain. Then I could have given my
two week notice, as you as I ought to have done, or I could
have walked out and pulled a "no call, no show" on Friday.

In that case, I would have my money without incident.

This was my original course of action, I want to take the
path of least resistance. Why because I knew this POOP
POOP HEADS were Big A HOLES... I didn't want to get
in to a BEEF if it could be avoided. Sadly, I found my
self in the situation I had hoped to avoid through
no flaw of my own.

Second, I was told to came get my check after I quit.

Then, they lied to me and said the check was in the mail.
And that they could not write check in that office.
Lies, Lies, Lies.

YOU # WITH MY MONEY AND I WILL # WITH YOU.

Yes, yes we can go though life following the rules,
but ask yourself "Who's rules are they...?"

Are these my rules?

No they are not.

Are the your rules?

Do I feel the need to follow White Man's Rules?

No I do not.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

Do I feel the need to follow White Man's Rules?

No I do not.

I was with you up till this point.

Im going to assume your former employer was named Whiteman, and just leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
All this coming from a man who is months behind on his rent. I think justice for you would be if your landlord demanded his money RIGHT NOW! or evicted you that second.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I understood why you had to stand your ground to get your pay cheque and I'm glad you got it.

Well done and I wish you the best for the future. I hope things improve for you - and the wife.

Having said that...

One of the best ATS threads EVER !!!

Gosh, this had just about everything. A brilliant rant and an audience that actually took sides. To some you were the hero and to others, the villain. We even got a good ole ATS peeing contest thrown in.

In one of your posts you said you like to go for the win-win. Well, you achieved that Big Time. You got your cheque and created a classic thread

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

I left several "jobs" after discovering the truth. I never flew a fit just ran away-these are civil problems and these small startups would disappear before the courts could set the court date. It was a frustrating time and a steep fall for me having had 30 plus years as an honest, caring real estate broker. But I knew many were hurting so I continued to seek out opportunities to survive the times and I did. So will you...

A fall from the high place can really mess a person up--BIG TIME. This (my story) was not a fall from a high place, I had that happen ten year ago, so I know how it feels. But this... this is just typical crap that goes on everyday in the country... and more and more people are "blessed" to experience it. Most nations will define the laws to punish crime, but in the capitalism system the criminal corporations can use the law to protect themselves as they operate on the edge of what is legal and continue to treat people badly as a matter of routine.

, but perhaps you need a support system... firstly running from your abusive spouse... -either from a church or a governmental group that could help nourish your need for maybe continued education, food, etc. You don't need this scary woman making threats and pulling you down. I say-run away and find some positives to hold you up during this time- and maybe you can the next person offering another a helping hand. Best wishes- I do feel for you.

This "scary woman" isn't scary to me, I married her. I'm not a victim, I am a participant. I am part of the problem. She needs healing, I need healing, the whole world needs it. When we run away, our problems follow us. Yes, one has the right to stand up and say, "I will be abused no longer." I have that right, so does she. We stay together for the same reasons we got together in the first place. Not for great sex (even if that can be an element), the reason is because God brought this Teacher into my life. When I no longer NEED this Teacher, the Universe will give me a new Teacher. I trust she will depart in the same way she first appeared--as a total surprise and shock to me.

Church isn't a bad thing. It is good to get encouragement where we can. But I don't join churches. The only cult that I will ever join, is the one I started. For now, it is a cult of two people, my wife and I. If we can find healing for ourselves and forgiveness for ourselves and each other, then MAYBE, just MAYBE, we can encourage others and help heal the world... but it has to start inside of ourselves. IN ME, and IN HER.... knowing this I try not to become a unhealed healer who thinks they have the answer or fix for other people... right now, I focus my attention on one thing: healing my wife. She has both a physical illness that is killing her, and the stress she brings on herself with negative self-talk isn't helping.

My wife lives in a world of FEAR and ATTACK
most of us do.... her case may be more extreme then most
but it only reveal what we all keep hidden from plain view.

I know there is healing for her physical pain
I know there is healing for her psychic pain
I know there is healing for her spiritual pain

She ignores all three, and so do I. But sometimes things get too CRAZY and I have to address psychic pain... I do this by addressing the bad attitude and bad behavior that is being manifest. In the year we've been together, I only remember peace in our household for ONE long stretch of time. It was a four or five week period when we were both sick. Other then that, our fights break out on a bi-weekly basis, and every other one get ugly (she break something).

We yell, she break things... and so it goes... but I'm careful not to constrain her free will, I simply put up a stop sign when her ranting become too abusive, when the BS is too much a call it for what it is. I might say, "That's FEAR." She denies it. "Yes, it is a FEAR that you dreamed up in your pretty little head, it isn't REAL" Then I repeat: "Don't bring that FEAR and ATTACK SH#T into our marriage."

Then I address TOXIC EMOTION and PSYCHIC PAIN and pray that she does what is best for her well being. I might suggest food to eat for more protein etc, to suggest a self help book or a "spiritual boo" to read... but she is very strong willed and bull head (Torus) so it is all about the right timing. She will not do ANYTHING that isn't her own idea. My ex-wife was the same way, I know how Torus woman can be.

Bottom-line: This is woman God gave.

I know this because she is exactly what I asked for.

I am a loyal person. I might quite my job, but I am not leaving my wife.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

agreed on that.

a good woman will make a man better than he was when she found him. I liken it to man being kinetic energy waiting for a woman to utilize.

without my wife I am merely a shadow of the man I am today.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
All this coming from a man who is months behind on his rent. I think justice for you would be if your landlord demanded his money RIGHT NOW! or evicted you that second.

Exactly what are you trying to say?

That for JUSTICE to happen, I ought to be evicted
from my apartment host haste?

Perhaps, but why do you say this? What is you motive?

Why did you CLING to a WORLD-VIEW and says on wrong
and be fixed with a second wrong? That punishment is due,
and that the timing of that punishment ought to be swift?

What does this FUBR WORLD VIEW come from?

This is your idea of what JUSTICE is or should be?
You think a landlord demanding money RIGHT NOW
is justice for me?

Perhaps it is, but why do you care?

That I ought be slapped hard for the CRIME that I
got away with??? ...for demanding my employer
pay be on time as he promised?

How does that engender your rage, your anger,
and your DEMAND for "justice" as you call it,
which is really just you finding JOY in the Pain
and Suffering of a fellow human being.

YOU ARE A STUPID SHARK FACE FOOL.

Listen up, SCRIBEL FACE SHARK BOY

I am not hear to argue what is justice with you
or anyone, nor am I here claiming to be a victim
of any sort... I am merely returning on the events
of my life no in progress.

Go eat some sea urchins eggs.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

agreed on that.

a good woman will make a man better than he was when she found him. I liken it to man being kinetic energy waiting for a woman to utilize. without my wife I am merely a shadow of the man I am today.

Yes, behind every great man is a great woman.
The TOXIC EMOTIONS can get in the way.
THE PYSCIC PAIN can get in the way.

But if you work at it, you get pass those illusionary obstructions.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

One of the best ATS threads EVER !!!

Gosh, this had just about everything. A brilliant rant and an audience that actually took sides. To some you were the hero and to others, the villain. We even got a good ole ATS peeing contest thrown in. In one of your posts you said you like to go for the win-win. Well, you achieved that Big Time. You got your cheque and created a classic thread

It is fun to share the drama with others.
even the POOP POOP HEADS are entertaining
even with STUPID WHITE PEOPLE MEMES.

This thread reveal much about the attitudes
people have who defend the system and
who place value in the valueless.

DON'T WASTE THE TIME OF 911/POLICE

That is such a BS thing to say!

I'm not wasting the Cops time, and I reporting
an EMERGENCY -- where I want to tell the boss
"F#CK YOU PAY ME" and I know it can get ugly.

That is an EMERGENCY -- someone could be
in serious threat of bodily harm!

Do I can about wasting the time of a 911
operator or the time of a police officer?

No, I do not. Not even a little bit.

"Get down here RIGHT NOW
or there will be a bloody emergency."

....that is what I said, and I say what I mean.
....I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.

DEAL WITH IT SALLY

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Modern capitalism has been a major source of negative appraisals of human life, but dogmatic communism, Calvinistic and Lutheran Protestantism, Roman Catholicism and many other European or Euro-Mediterranean systems of thought have also viewed humans in a negative way, to one degree or another. Another powerful source of such thinking is (or has been) authoritarian political agencies and hierarchical social systems (ranging from Fascism and Nazism to the ancient cult of empire to the militaristic-right wing police officer syndrome).

And, of course, if one only looks at European history or the history of Europeans in Africa, Asia and the Americas one might indeed ' become persuaded that the Machiavellians and wetikos are correct in their judgments, European history is replete with almost continuous examples of human depravity - epoch after epoch of imperialistic wars, frequent examples of the systematic murdering of followers of different religions or members of different ethnic groups, almost continuous campaigns to liquidate or forcibly assimilate this or that nationality, rigid systems of class exploitation, the brutal subjection of peasants, slaves and workers and, finally, literally thousands of examples of lying, deceit, poisoning, duplicity, torture and sadism, ranging from the murders by Byzantine monarchs to the atrocities of the Catholic inquisition to the Italian Renaissance assassinators to the ruthless Bismarks to the individually depraved Marquis de Sade types.

Christianity has a bad history if you really look at it.

The CON-JOB's and JACK-OFF's of this world continue
to rise to the top by stepping on the backs of labor
and so they stand firmly opposed to organized labor.
There is little reason to wonder why. WETIKO

Many people have labeled Hitler a madman. But what they fail to see is that Hitler's behavior was not really different from that of numerous Popes who authorized crusades against heretics, or of Ferdinand of Spain, who tortured and murdered thousands of ex-Jews and caused the murder of millions of Americans, or of Charlemagne, who systematically slaughtered the Saxons, or of many English kings who caused the death and exploitation of thousands of Irishmen, Scots, Americans and others. What makes Mussolini different from Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great? Only that he was not so successful and that he is closer to us in time.

Winston Churchill, the supposed antithesis of Hitler, was really a product of the same kind of thinking. Churchill was an avowed imperialist, a man very unwilling to end British rule over India, the African colonies and so on. True, Churchill did not kill as many people as Hitler, but then again, he was defending an already estab­lished empire, not trying to carve out a new one. The latter process is apt to be much more openly violent and repulsive to those who view such things from a distance.

It is very sad, but the "heroes" of European historiography, the heroes of the history textbooks, are usually imperialists, butchers, founders of authoritarian regimes, exploiters of the poor, liars, cheats and torturers. What that means is that the wetiko disease has so cor­rupted European thinking (at least of the ruling groups) that wetiko behavior and wetiko goals are regarded as the very fabric of European evolution. Thus, those who resist wetiko values and imperialism and exploitation specifically, such as the Leveler rebels in England, St. Francis of Assisi, Swiss mountaineers, or Scottish clansmen, are regarded as "quirks," "freaks," or rude democrats ("peasants") who could never exploit enough people to build a St. Peter's Cathedral or a Versailles palace.' (p. 37-38)

WETIKO = GREEDY

I grew up the res, among the Sioux. And I know a chief once said, "The white man is infected with a disease, and that disease is greed. To the Cree, and most Native North Americans, greed was a serious psychological malfunction.

The Cree called it Wétiko.

Native American philosopher Jack Forbes explains that the overriding characteristic of a wétiko, a Cree word literally meaning “cannibal,” is “that he consumes other human beings for profit, that is, he is a cannibal” ... (from Columbus and other Cannibals, a book, in addition to American Holocaust by David Stannard, A Little Matter of Genocide by Ward Churchill and Native American History by Judith Nies, all ought to be required reading by every high school student).

Native American historian Jack D Forbes in his book Columbus and other Cannibals: The Wétiko Disease of Exploitation, Imperialism, and Terrorism states that the overriding characteristic of a wétiko, a Cree word literally meaning “cannibal,” is “that he ‘consumes’ other human beings for profit, that is, he is a cannibal”. By cannibalism Forbes does not necessarily mean eating the flesh of another human, but defines the concept in an extended metaphor as a form of spiritual dysfunction and psychopathic behavior, even insanity, in which in all its multifarious ways greedy predatory men have exploited and murdered and destroyed the cultures (most often indigenous peoples) of other humans deemed “savages” via war, colonialism and imperialism. In his own words Forbes informs us that “wétiko is a Cree term (windigo in Ojibway, wintiko in Powhatan) which refers to a cannibal or, more specifically, an evil person or spirit who terrorizes other creatures by means of terrible acts…the consuming the life of another for private purpose or profit.” He tells us that for the wétiko, “Brutality knows no boundaries. Greed knows no limits. Perversion knows no borders. . . . These characteristics all push towards an extreme, always moving forward once the initial infection sets in. . . . This is the disease of the consuming of other creatures’ lives and possessions.”

www.skeptic.ca...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Jack D Forbes tells us that throughout history wétikos have been primarily conservative elites, members of the educated and so-called civilized classes such as popes, monarchs, land barons and other rulers of totalitarian and hierarchical social orders. They are also the same powerful elites who have provided us with their own distorted propagandized version of history, as history as always been told by those who wield power and control, and like credulous children, we have believed it. Power, like property, the land, water (and not inconceivably, eventually the air we breathe) has become privatized and concentrated. They are the same people who today might listen to Mozart while reading Aristotle’s Ethics in the comfort of their grandiose mansions as they contemplate the bombing of primarily non-Christian brown people in Third World countries, especially those with huge oil reserves. Today they are by and large highly educated, the graduates of ivy-league universities, theological seminaries and military schools and other elite Western universities. They claim to have refinement, enlightenment and wisdom despite the fact they have provided us with arguably the most power hungry, exploitive and brutal era in human history where there is little chance for the survival of any charitable non-aggressive person other than as a lackey or wage slave

CON-JOB and JACK-OFF are everyday examples of wétikos .
They, like so many others, are infected with the disease of GREED.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

A good friend of mine is currently homeless and living in his car because of this con-artist. My plight is only slightly better. Yesterday, this buddy of mine told me that our former employer who I called "JACK-OFF" is actually a man named "JOHN COMMON from Scottsdale AZ" (just google it and you find a ton of info).

Turns out this John "Twinkle Toes" Common has a habit of starting business that rip people off. It is believed he has swindled $300 million dollars from people in the past few years. He is the target of an FBI investigation and six attorney generals have open cases on him.

Here is one video news report:
archive.azcentral.com...

If you see John Common notify the Police so he can be arrested. He is currently in Las Vegas and using the aliases John Cavelli; Jac Khavari; or John Cavelli.

A Scottsdale businessman who has been accused by attorneys general in Arizona and seven other states of defrauding customers and illegal operations has not faced criminal charges and continues opening businesses that victims say cost them tens of thousands of dollars.

John Common, whose loan-modification company was shut down and sued by the Arizona attorney general four years ago, is being dogged by new allegations of fraud by customers, business associates and relatives. They have filed reports with police, complained to state and federal authorities and posted warnings on consumer websites.

“We are aware of John Common, and we continue to look into his business dealings,” said the spokeswoman for the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, Stephanie Grisham.

Call 12 for Action first wrote about Common in February 2012. A new investigation found Common has since opened call centers marketing fuel additives, health-care financing and credit financing in addition to an auto repair shop and other businesses in Arizona and New York. All but one has closed amid complaints.

Common, 57, did not respond to interview requests left via phone and e-mail at the financing business he operates in New York City.

Because of legal actions, Common has told associates he cannot put his name on corporate documents as a company owner. Former business partners say he persuades them to act as proxy owners for companies he controls.

archive.azcentral.com...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join