It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday I had to call the police on my employer just to get my last check.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka I liked your rant Wasaka, and I like the sound of your scary wife!

A woman not to be messed with always adds to the story.
I remember receiving a check from a hot dog joint I worked at and after walking thirty minutes to the bank, the bank couldn't cash it because it wasn't signed. Other times, I went to the bank and the funds weren't even there for the bank to cash it. When you work the hours, you should get paid! The hot dog place didn't last long and has been an empty building for years now, little surprise.
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
First world problems is all, you got paid so I'm surprised you came on ATS to whine about it.

Says the guy whining about the length of a rant.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

First world problems is all, you got paid so I'm surprised you came on ATS to whine about it.

Says the guy whining about the length of a rant.
Oh behave yourself, I'm ridiculing it and finding some amusement. Try again fella, reply fail lol

(post by wasaka removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm ridiculing it and finding some amusement.
Says a lot about you.

Try again fella, reply fail lol

That's just some words you typed, seemingly to reassure yourself that you've won some imaginary argument. You're a tad weird/insecure.

I don't think I need to try again, you made a 'first world problem' quip whilst complaining about something infinitely more trivial. I was just pointing out the irony.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Hahaha! "FAT HEAD" "POND SCUM SUCKING WHITE AMERICAN" I'm loving your poor debating skills rant even more now you've got yourself warmed up!
[grabs popcorn]

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You called 911 because you didn't get an instant payoff check?

Good Lord.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Nope, you accused me of whining and you were wrong. Unlucky fella, ridicule and amusement is not whining, so if you wish to label me anything you need to find another descriptive term because whiner only refers to the OP, not me lol.

I repeat, no complaining from me, you invented that and fail miserably, I'm ridiculing, that is different to whining, you can google the two words if you struggle to accept or understand that.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Glad you got your check but the ending of your doesn't make any sense..

Did you not know what you were getting paid when you started the job?

Like I said though glad you got your check ...

Thanks.

I was told I would be paid $10 plus commission the first day on the job.
Nothing was written down, then after a week of training they tell us
that the pay is $8.50 per hour for the training period... and it is now
going to be commission vs hours moving forward.

This is not what they told me on day one.

At this point I should have just walked out. But the guy I work with
told me about the fat commission check I get working in the same
industry when I was in San Fran. He told me "I was making bank.
It was like a thousand buck in my wallet every Friday."

That sounded good to me. It could really be heaven sent.
I mean, I'm in a BIG financial hole and $8.50 is going to
help get me out, but FAT STACKS like that would help.

Also, the ad they run on CraigsList entices people with
the promise of BASE PLUS COMMISSION, but when you
get through the interview you find out differently.

This is dishonest.

Listen...people should see that and walk away.
Why did I stay? Because I trusted the promises
these guy made... and I was desperate to get
some money coming in... and thought I could
over look that one little thing.... stupid me

I should have listened to the voice of wisdom
and not to my own ego-driven greed. I just
wanted to good better for my family.

Now I'm a lot worse off than before.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Nope, you accused me of whining and you were wrong. Unlucky fella, ridicule and amusement is not whining, so if you wish to label me anything you need to find another descriptive term because whiner only refers to the OP, not me lol.

I repeat, no complaining from me, you invented that and fail miserably, I'm ridiculing, that is different to whining, you can google the two words if you struggle to accept or understand that.

But that's only if I accept that you're ridiculing based on what you say, seems like whining to me though. If you really want to be anal about semantics then why are you accusing the OPs RANT of being WHINING when it is a RANT?

Surely if OP's RANT can be described as WHINING then your pointless, inane RIDICULING can be described as WHINING?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

sorry but this is super lame.
not uncommon at all for people to have to wait for their last check to be mailed.

bitching about the 8 bucks an hour.
why did you agree to take the job if you did not agree with the pay?

also, calling 911 and telling the operator it IS an emergency cause you could not get your $80check is major overkill.

just my opinion. nice rant and all but i dont get it.

you got pissed and called the cops cause you could not get your last crappy check even though having it mailed is not totally out of the norm.

i am more interested in the way your wife dogged you out and dogged out your job.
if you want to talk about that i will be back

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I truly hope you receive a better job, you deserve it

hell yeah.
i would be all about hiring people that leave a job with no notice then demand their check cause their wife decided they suck.
employee of the year

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh call me whatever, just adds more amusement.
The OP's rant was lame, he got his money, and I am sat here chuckling that he used so many words to describe such a short story.
You can want me to be whining as much as you like but I'm finding total amusement here with a smile on my face so carry on bleating that I'm not gushing with love for the OP, lol.

...and either way, this is the rant forum and I can respond however I like within T's&C's so please do carry on bleating that I'm not singing kum-by-ya and massaging the OP's feelings. I'm here for the amusement, not to make friends or get stars.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

hell yeah.
i would be all about hiring people that leave a job with no notice then demand their check cause their wife decided they suck.
employee of the year
Haha true! ...but of course you really should be gushing with love for the OP, you know, that's the nice thing to do.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The OP's rant was lame, he got his money, and I am sat here chuckling that he used so many words to describe such a short story.
You can want me to be whining as much as you like but I'm finding total amusement here with a smile on my face so carry on bleating that I'm not gushing with love for the OP, lol.

...and either way, this is the rant forum and I can respond however I like within T's&C's so please do carry on bleating that I'm not singing kum-by-ya and massaging the OP's feelings. I'm here for the amusement, not to make friends or get stars.

im laughing too.
you big ole fat poop head...hahahahahaha

this dude willingly accepts a minimum wage job in some call center doing 'marketing'(translation...selling field and stream magazines or something) and actually thought he was going to make 'fat stacks'

hahahahahahah

sounds like jesse pinkman from breaking bad....

whoever made the glengerry reference is dead on.
the leads the leads....

funny rant.

gonna call 911 cause i did not get my last pittance on a holiday when i left with no notice.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You sure like to read a lot that isn't there.

You gave an opinion, I gave an opinion. You don't need to go all super-victim on me and act like I'm threatening you with T&C and telling you how to act.

(post by wasaka removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

hell yeah.
employee of the year
Haha true! ...but of course you really should be gushing with love for the OP, you know, that's the nice thing to do.

thats true.
should read between the lines
should give props to his willingness to work any job
his tenacity for standing his ground to get his last check
his standing up to the poop heads by calling the law

what could possibly go wrong when applying for a kick ass fat stack base pay plus commish marketing job found on craigslist?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You used 911 and sucked up emergency services for this? In Canada, you would be in the tank. You're exactlythekind of American you're ranting about.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: wasaka I liked your rant Wasaka, and I like the sound of your scary wife!

A woman not to be messed with always adds to the story.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks. Back @ya.

Yes, the wife. She is not to be messed with.
Serously, the main reason I called the cops
was so she wouldn't go up there and do her
BAT-#-CRAZY thing she does. Not that I
want to protect those A-HOLES...
NO, NO, NO, that is NOT it....

I just don't want my wife in jail.

So I had to man up.

My wife makes me more of man, I like that.

edit on 26-11-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join