It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramblings with Jackal: Singular world government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hello, I thought I'd try and start up a new series in which I post some random musings, ideas, and off the wall ramblings.
First up is the idea of a singular world government.

No a lot of people are opposed to the idea due to various reasons; The NWO, Nationalism, or because it is a change from the norm.

Now if it came to be a dictatorship I can see how it would be a bad thing obviously. But isn't it the goal of the species to unite under a single banner and expand outwards, or is that just some random fantasy that I seem to enjoy mulling over? I mean, wars over borders would be nullified, resources wouldn't be fought over by two countries, immigration woes would be a thing of the past. Think of it as a union much like the States in the US share, or the EU.

What say you? Am I insane or dreaming of the future?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkerJackal

I"m in the minority opinion but I am all for a world government and I think it's inevitable.

Countries war with each other all the time and re carve the world map as more territory is taken over by world powers.
With what's going on in the current Geo-politics, I don't see the current nation-states living together in harmony for the next thousand years.

The thing is it would be such a feat to undertake (whether by force or by choice) because there are a ton staunch nationalists and libertarians who oppose governments of the current breed. Fortunately it won't happen in my life time.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkerJackal

Well John Lennon was thinking this stuff probably before you were born:

The problem is that humans being human we will end up with the Beast of Revelation. Power goes to peoples heads and can make them do the most horrific things to secure that power. They can become like Hitler and Caesar, regarding themselves as divine, like a god.

"Caesar's victories in the Gallic Wars, completed by 51 BC, extended Rome's ...... in 42 BC, and Caesar Octavian henceforth became Divi filius ("Son of a god")."

Same with the Pharaohs. Can we really be sure that problem is no longer inherent in humanity?

I can not and that is why I get concerned. I prefer democracy because it guards against this happening. Unfortunately, the EU, and institutions like the World Banks and CFR are bypassing democracy. They have power over individual governments in some cases yet who has voted them in or agreed to let them have sway over our lives? Not me!

Remember what Lord Acton said "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton—was an English Catholic historian, politician, and writer)?

edit on 26-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join