It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Encounters Of PC Alan Godfry.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

My peridolia Is working over time when I look at this picture.

All I can see is an alien taking a nice walk on the Moore.

Hey that's cool. All I see are some gnarly trails and its going to be unseasonably warm tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull

All I can see is an alien taking a nice walk on the Moore.

That's "Moop".

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull Alan self published (I think) a book on his experience in 2017, titled "Who or What Were They?" There is lots interesting new info in it, and it clears up much of incorrect stuff. I found it a good read.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

The roads around the area all being monitored and bored Military Police in black Jeeps let you know they are around if you get too nosey ...

Indeed. One does NOT nosey around there.

Lovely spot though.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

See 15:50

More info on separately located UFO sightings on the same night in the same area.

See :4:00

• "There was no definite shape to it other than a pulsating, steel blue ball and wherever it went it was very, very fast."

Police Officer John Porter - 12 miles from Todmorden, November 28th, 1980 (same night as Alan Godfrey).

And

• "When I came round the corner to check the grounds I looked up in the sky and this UFO was up in the sky - approximately where I later learnt the area where Alan Godfrey had his experience, I didn't know at the time. The object shot across the valley four times backwards and forwards and it vanished over the hills."

School Caretaker Leonard Smith, Todmorden, November 28th, 1980 (same night as Alan Godfrey).

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

There was no definite shape to it other than a pulsating, steel blue ball and wherever it went it was very, very fast." Police Officer John Porter - 12 miles from Todmorden, November 28th, 1980 (same night as Alan Godfrey).

From Alan's book, it turns out that when the file of this sighting was eventually released by the MoD, it had actually taken place a few days before, and not on the same night as Alan's experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxMaxB

Good to know mate, will take a look at that.

From every source I can find the multiple officer sighting took place on November 28th.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Sorry, I have very restricted access as to post anything, as I'm new... but if you search Google for

MOD UFO archive Baxter Turnpenny Porter

You should see a link to pdf documents on theblackvault

on around page 6 of the pdf, you should see the response from the MoD to a FOI request response confirming that the Porter Turnpenny Baxter sighting occurred at 0449h on 21 November 1980.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Jenny Randles reported that Yorkshire Bus Driver Bob Coates came forward in 2014 with new testimony. He apparently was on Burnley Road at ~4:55am that same morning as Alan Godfrey, but it is thought Bob was at exactly the same spot around 10-15minutes before Alan drove up Burnley Road to see his Diamond shaped UFO.

Bob did not see any object, but he did witness "All the litter and twigs on the road ahead of me were blowing like a whirlwind. The swirling was very unusual. Higher up the trees nothing was moving. But lower down on the trees and bushes and the road all this stuff was."

"... I stopped the bus right in the middle of it..."

He was on his way to pickup the driver of the 5:10am bus from Todmorden to Halifax, who was waiting for him at Portsmouth, a small village on the outskirts of Todmorden. So could only stop for a few seconds, to open his window, and put his arm outside the bus.

"The updraft was amazing. It was not a wind blowing at me like a stormy day. The draft was going upwards from off the road into the sky. But it only went upto about 4 feet. I moved my arm above shoulderheight and there was nothing at all... [ ] ... I moved my arm back down and the strong updraft was still there hitting me."

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Alan was driving his police car North West along Burnley Road, Todmorden, and intended to turn right into Ferney Lee Road. Approaching his right turn off Burnley Road into Ferny Lee Road, (as shown in the google street view link below)...

goo.gl...

...he spotted up ahead on Burnley Road, something that he thought looked a bit like a bus slewed sideways across the road. As he closed in on the object, it became clear it was nothing like a bus. So instead of turning into Ferney Lee Road, he continued North West along Burnley Road towards this large object that was completely blocking the road ahead.

As he approached the object, he slowed right down to a crawl in utter disbelief of what he was seeing, and then brought his car to a halt around 20 yards away from it. The object at this point filled his entire windscreen area, and was completely incomprehensible to him.

From the newspaper photos of the time, Alan stopped his car somewhere around the Google Street View location below. We can just see the green copper dome of Mons Mill office on the right hand side of the road ahead through the trees (which is similar to the newspaper photos). Mons Mill itself has since been demolished.

goo.gl...

(Note: Bizarrely, there is a ~100 meter gap on google street view at this point of Burnley Road - so we can't quite inspect the general location of the object in front of him)

The object was hanging in the air around 5 feet off the road surface. A diamond shaped object he estimates as 14 feet high, and 20 feet wide. With a dark paneling across the upper third, that he thought could be darkened windows. His car headlights were shining off, and illuminating the side of the object which was slowing turning in an anticlockwise direction. It seemed that a florescent glow was coming from its dome-like top. Its colour he described as unpolished gunmetal.

Note: I appear to be unable to upload images from my ipad. But here is the URL of Alan's drawing of the object.

thinkingdeeper.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 3112023 by MaxMaxB because: uploading jpg doesn't work, inserting URL instead.

edit on 3112023 by MaxMaxB because: link url to streetview not showing

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

"... I stopped the bus right in the middle of it..."

Perhaps that was what Godfrey saw whilst being affected by some unusual atmospheric phenomenon. I'm sure he said he at first thought it looked like a bus slewed across the road. I've always thought too that there was something a little loopy about him.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Yes, I agree, Alan's description of the object, at least its horizontal strata, seems to have some relationship with Bob stopping his bus in the middle of the same swirling leaves and twigs that Alan also saw later underneath his object. By horizontal strata I mean very generally that The side of a bus has a top, windows, a bottom. The proportions of these seem right too, and whenever I've observed out-of-service buses traveling at night, they run with internal lights off, so the windows would appear dark.

That leaves the question of what could cause such a strange phenomenon... it seems to have a temporal element, as Bobs bus had left the scene 10-15 minutes before Alan arrived. It has a strange faceted diamond shape that gives the appearance of solidity, both lights up and reflects Alan's car headlights. It has wind blowing around and strongly upwards at ground level, but that updraft apparently disappeared sharply above Bob's shoulder height (this description sounds a bit like bath water going down the plughole - but upside down).

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the temporal element as the words 'it is thought' are not great in that regard. I also think those mini upsurging whirlwinds might be rare but do happen. The fact that the bus driver sat in the middle of it and Godfrey describes something he at first thought looked like a bus rotating sort of seals it for me. Regarding the diamond shape, the bus was perhaps at an angle. I'm not saying I can answer anything it's just those elements that might suggest something other than a UFO.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I haven't had much interest in UFO's myself, and have been fairly skeptical, probably as I've never seen a UFO. But I've remained open minded on the subject. I'm more interested in experience (consciousness), but eventually I felt I couldn't just ignore such stories, and that I should look at some of the stronger early cases with the vague idea I had, that the rise in UAP seemed to coincide with the rise of powerful particle accelerators.

Personally I don't see any way of squaring both the Bus driver's recollection of the Todmorden incident, or Alans recollection of the incident, with ones normal perception of a bus, even were the bus in the middle of some type of weather phenomenon. Like you, I think the bus is tied to the phenomena, but I think we need a better candidate to explain the phenomena itself.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I think the Rendlesham Forest incident had some of those elements to it. That is something atmospheric/electromagnetic affecting perception. In fact in my own homespun opinion I can make a connection between altered states where we meet the 'machine elves' and similar types of experiences in the UFO field.

edit on 1-2-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I did find a speculative candidate for the phenomena Alan described. This was the Cern Anti-Proton Accumulator (AA), which was built and tested during 1980 (to prepare for experiments in April 1981).

Plan of AA shown inside the ring of the new AC

The AA had a similar top-down beamline shape, due to the position and number of its bending magnets. The first protons were already circulating in it during June 1980. The construction team began running-in the AA with Antiprotons at latest on 19th November 1980 (~10 days prior to Alans experience). Antimatter particles have an opposite charge to regular matter, and according to the Feynman-Stueckelberg Interpretation are reversed in time. Cern reports both during and after construction of the AA, explain that installation and testing could only be carried out by working during the night, so as to avoid any impact to scientists running experiments on the main rings during the day. These reports also mention almost intolerable working conditions during the night, and a number of incidents where large stacks of Anti-protons that had been accumulated were lost. (Alans roughly 8 sided object shape - as seen side on - does correlate with the pairs of quadrupoles needed to focus the beam vertically and horizontally - but I'm less certain about this aspect, as I'd need to do more research on the stochastic stacking and cooling needed to produce such an intense beam).

If it was just Cern's AA, I wouldn't feel confident with this speculation. But the flying silver discs seen in the USA during June and July 1947, also have a relationship to the disc-like vacuum chamber of the powerful cyclotrons the Americans were building over the same period. In these vacuum chambers, the particles are accelerated to relativistic speeds in a spiral pattern, creating a disc-like particle path. We also have a report in the Los Angeles Evening Herald and Express where a Caltec scientist in Nuclear Physics (who asked to remain anonymous) suggested the flying discs might be the results of experiments in "transmutation of atomic energy". Government scientists rebutted this suggestion the very next day in newspapers across the USA, and it was never mentioned again.

Note that in both 1947 and 1980, the phenomenon declined once construction and setup was completed, and the devices were shielded with large amounts of concrete. Suggesting a relationship to the shielding.

It seems reasonable to speculate that there may be a relationship between the particles path within these powerful particle accelerators, and the flying disc's seen within the USA and Canada in June and July 1947, and the Diamond shape object seen in Todmorden in November 1980.
edit on 122023 by MaxMaxB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The Cern Anti-Proton Accumulator (AA) was built and tested during 1980 (to prepare for experiments in April 1981).

At Fig 1. you can see a plan of the original Antiproton Accumulator (AA), inside the ring of a new design plan for the AntiProton Collector (AC). Interestingly, I note the AA has 4 bending magnets on each side, excluding the outer magnets, as you view it face on, producing 5 faceted faces, as shown in Alan Godfrey's drawing of the object he saw on Burnley Road, Todmorden in Fig 2.

Fig 1. Cern Anti-Proton Accumulator (AA)

Fig 2. Drawing made by Alan Godfrey of the object he saw on Burnley Road

As mentioned in an earlier post (above), a new witness came forward in 2014. Yorkshire Bus Driver Bob Coates states that he was on Burnley Road 10-15 minutes before Alan's sighting. He saw the same swirling sticks and leaves on the road, and thought it was so unusual, that "... I stopped the bus right in the middle of it..." . At Fig 3. is a photograph of a Tordmorden bus from the period of 1980.

Fig 3. 1980 Photograph of a Todmorden bus.

For a bit of fun, I've taken a small vertical cross-section of the Leyland 1980 bus and stretched it horizontally. I've scaled the side of it, so that it's darkened windows are the same height as Alan's drawing. Then used the Cern AA diagram bending magnet positions to demarcate the horizontal spacing of the facet faces, whilst keeping Alan's 45 degree top and bottom sections... and you get this object at Fig 4....

Fig 4. Alan's object, combined with the AA bending magnet positions and a sliver of a Todmorden bus from 1980

I'm speculating that when Alan drives up Burnley Road, he sees a side section of Bob's bus as it was just 5-10 minutes earlier, but distorted within the particle-path shape of Cerns Anti-proton Accumulator. This photo of a cat looking through a goldfish bowl, might give an inaccurate, but possibly useful idea of what I mean by distorted...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join