It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Women And Children, What Is Their Status?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

. . . the low status of women and young girls in Syrian society still continues to follow them all into their temporary accommodation away from the war. The case of low status of women in, not only Syria, but in other Arab nations as well as the cultural practices performed by many agencies and law enforcement units has resulted in further abuse and violence.

There is no doubt that the masses of volunteers and aid workers are committing everything in their power to ensure their is a service to provide life saving support for the displaced Syrians. Yet the violence (sexual or not) is so commonplace in the lives of Syrian women that it has become viewed as a part of ‘culture’ rather than a criminal act.
cameronkilmister.com...

Syrian women who come here and integrate into society will be treated as equals. The men who treat them as inferior will not be welcome here.

Activities conducted by the International Refugee Committee found that female Syrian refugees are not safe from the threat of sexual violence in Zaatari and other refugee camps. The work undertaking my members of the organisation stress that the number of cases involving sexual assault on women in the camps are increasing and see no sign in stopping.

Prior to the outbreak of the war in Syria there was increased speculation and reports that prostitution and trafficking women across the neighboring borders of Jordan and Lebanon was continuously going on without intervention. To date there has been no reported investigation undertaken by a higher authority on such actions.

Many Aid workers situated within the camps have stated in various articles and publications that it is not surprising to hear such actions taking place. Yet the have further stressed the shock and surprise as to how these forms of assault have not been subjected to a criminal investigation by the authorities.

Does anyone here have experience of Syrian society? Is this true?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
next they force their believes on western women.
that's why i say they don't belong here.
women and animals have an other status in muslim countries. and to think they will change their views as soon as they cross the border is simply wrong.
from my own experience.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Status?

In need of immediate exfiltration to a place of safety, peace, calm and tranquility, a place where they can heal and rest, a place where there are people who give love freely to any who require it, a place where good, nutritious meals can be acquired without the necessity to stand in line for four or five hours, and most importantly a place where there are no dangerous persons of any sort.

It is INTOLERABLE that these individuals have been forced to flee their homes by the fire of war, but to have them packed into camps in close proximity to abusive and dangerous predatory persons, is an absolute disgrace. What use is it for these women and children to be out of the warzone, if all they can boast once free of their crater marked homeland, is that they are now free to be targeted, abused, mistreated and passed around like party favours? What life is that for anyone?

No... Something must be done. It is unacceptable that the best solution we have to these crises is to pack people cheek by jowl into mixed camps, where the women and children have no protection from the risks associated with proximity to strangers. Bloody appalling mess.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
next they force their believes on western women.
that's why i say they don't belong here.
women and animals have an other status in muslim countries. and to think they will change their views as soon as they cross the border is simply wrong.
from my own experience.

They can try all they want, but they will never ever force their beliefs on Western Women, unless there is something wrong with that woman!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester
What ever happened to save the WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST????

Send in the troops and get them out of there!

Sort out the young men after, they can handle it.

Everything is so PC now the authorities are paralyzed to do anything.

I have seen the YOUNG men prevent food and clothing from getting to the women and children. And the police just walk away.
FFS, do the right thing and get them out of there.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Are we talking about actual syrian refugees?

Or the economic refugees from the general region claiming to be syrian so they can get elsewhere?

People actually trying to flee that war zone, should be helped once properly vetted..

I dont feel we should take every tom dick and harry that claims it at their word... camps should be set up for processing (believe they already have) and they should be told in no uncertain terms you will obey law while in here... rape someone punishment will be appropriate... kid gloves will not work in such an extreme situation.

Added benefit of no kid gloves, people might actually come to the authorities when something happens...

least thats my nickles worth.

new topics

top topics

join