It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Calais Camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The French are trying to build a decent refugee camp but the spook led activists and the residents are resisting. They want it to be a squalid, dirty camp where men sit around all day talking instead of putting on wellingtons and clearing up after themselves.

A Humanitarian Eviction

This morning the belated, much delayed construction of the « New Camp » began. The work was supposed to begin on the 2nd of November 2015. The associations have stated that this date was missed due to « communication problems » with the people living in the area. Actually, the people have consistenly refused to leave.

calaismigrantsolidarity.wordpress.com...

Finally this morning the work began. The first bulldozer to arrive came at approximately 08:00am. It drove amongst people’s tents and homes and removed the red poles that indicated the planned construction site. It was soon followed by other heavy construction vehicles throughout the morning. For the moment they seem to have restricted themselves to flattening open and flooded areas and putting up fences that deliniate the new site area. However, it will be impossible to begin real construction whilst the people still live in the zone.

Following shortly behind the diggers came a wave of « humanitarian » volunteers from the Associations. Wearing a plathora of differently coloured fluorescent jackets, they around the explulsion zone telling people that they had to move thier houses and dwellings. They attempted to convince people that the New Camp would be far superior, and many stated that if people did not move soon, the police would come and evict them by force. Belonging to the Salaam and Vie Actif associations, there were around 50 volunteers present, including the President of the Salaam Association, who was seen louldy instructing a group of refugees who mostly didn’t speak English that they had to move. They carried orange wristbands, which they gave to people who wanted to take a space in the new camp.

The sudden appearence of heavy construction vehicles and flourescent clad volunteers did persuade some people to leave the area, picking up thier tents and houses and moving them elsewhere in the jungle. However the vast majority of the people chose to stay. They cited many reasons for doing so, namely the difficulties of living in a large tent with up to 50 people that they didn’t know with no privacy, the preference for homes that they had built themselves rather than something that they had no part in constructing, a preference for living in established communities of friendship groups and a complete lack of trust in the French state. Many of the people living in the jungle do not want the new camp.

It should not be suprising to see how far some of the associations collaborate with the state. They have a long history of doing this in Calais. However it is still shocking to watch people giving thier time to volunteer for aid organisations doing the work of the police for them. Many of the volunteers argued that the construction of the new camp was a necessary step to improve the conditions in the jungle and to « get people the help they need », however at the same time many acknowledged the coercive nature of what they were doing, with every request backed by the threat of state violence to move the people. There was great feeling of pessimism, that nothing could be done to stop the inevitable progess of the state. If the people had shown the same levels of defeatism and pessimism, they would have left the area on the 2nd of November and work would have already began!

By the end of the day the association volunteers left having convinced a proportion of the people living in the zone to leave and a small amount of construction work had taken place in the uninhabited areas.
calaismigrantsolidarity.wordpress.com...

It's a male dominated world where women hide for fear of rape.

Warehouses everywhere are overflowing with donations for the poor people who live in such terrible conditions.

The latest specified requirement I've heard of is olive oil.

I've never seen such an insane story. Bars open till 4, coc aine, forced prostitution, and lovey doveys everywhere, oblivious to the camp mafia henchmen watching their every move. Are there other refugee camps like this?

Perhaps an exclusively male religious ritual will sort it all out. Skip to 1:17.

Let us not forget these people are 'stuck' here, as it says under this video. We know they're free to leave at any time, human generosity generally is outstanding, the French government are bending over backwards to help.

To keep the donations flooding in.
To keep the camp mafia in power.
To keep the women hiding in fear.

Stick with the script.

They're 'stuck'.

edit on 26 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
These videos are numerous. Help is flooding in. Still wellington boots are banned by the fashion police. I saw a different video earlier showing 500 pairs of new wellingtons being packed for transport to the camp. 'Whoops!' I thought. 'Didn't get the memo.'

Check out the mud and water here. Yet still the fashion police, or fashion mafia, ban the wearing of wellingtons by camp residents, preferring instead for them to go through several pairs of donated trainers. I wish I'd never looked into the Calais camp situation. Maybe the coc aine being sold there has something to do with the crazyness.

Skip to 1:34

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
no one to blame except hollande he is in charge of the country and this place should be policed
hollande allows this to happen why is he not enforcing the law?
why does he allow this camp so close to the uk border?
this camp has been there for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Without googling it, do you have any idea the price of a gram of Co caine in Europe.? These people dont look like they could afford a asprin never mind the most expensive party drug on the planet.

i'm calling BS on the Co caine story. Dont know what other point you are trying to make.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Without googling it, do you have any idea the price of a gram of Co caine in Europe.? These people dont look like they could afford a asprin never mind the most expensive party drug on the planet.

i'm calling BS on the Co caine story. Dont know what other point you are trying to make.

Yes, Kester does exaggerate and not for emphasis. That happened in the thread the other day where the OP said that men were lining up with guns and knives at the tents of the women and raping them. I am sure sexual abuse does happen in these desperate situations, but these gross caricatures do no good. They just misinform us and distort reality.

OP, I wish you would learn a little academic discipline here. Let me explain:

Don't exaggerate. Don't fill in the blanks with stuff from your own imagination.

Stick to what your source is saying. If you are describing a situation that you have not seen with your own eyes you must go on what the sources are telling you because you do not know and they have witnessed it.

There will be much hate propaganda spread about these refugees, to make them out to be undeserving animals, etc. Try to fathom the BS. Gossip, Chinese whisper and hearsay will abound, but are not good enough. Witness journalism and people who are trustworthy like Sister Lynda who you quoted the other day are your best bet for accurate info.

Peace.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So they're not wearing Wellington boots?

Are they even going to try?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol seems the poster is more concerned with them wearing Wellington boots. 2 lots of threads on the benefit of the Wellington boot and keeping their feet dry. Their concern for the foot hygiene is touching

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Hey Kester, no offence intended but did we really need another Calais shanty camp thread?

I'll just repeat what I said in the other ones:

Let's not forget that ALL of these people would receive UN care standards for refugees if they register in France and seek asylum there. This would include housing, welfare, health care, and children's education.

They are all refusing to do so because they want to illegally enter the UK and leave France.
It is their choice to remain in the shanty camp, and it is the choice of the French authorities to turn a blind eye to it because the people are refusing to register and claim asylum there.

To clarify:
NOBODY IS BEING FORCED TO STAY IN THAT SHANTY CAMP, NOBODY.

...and I say thank # the UK has official control over the border on the French side of the tunnel because we would have had tens of thousands here now, as the French don't want them, and would have just let them on the trains.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Hey Kester, no offence intended but did we really need another Calais shanty camp thread?

I'll just repeat what I said in the other ones:

Let's not forget that ALL of these people would receive UN care standards for refugees if they register in France and seek asylum there. This would include housing, welfare, health care, and children's education.

They are all refusing to do so because they want to illegally enter the UK and leave France.
It is their choice to remain in the shanty camp, and it is the choice of the French authorities to turn a blind eye to it because the people are refusing to register and claim asylum there.

To clarify:
NOBODY IS BEING FORCED TO STAY IN THAT SHANTY CAMP, NOBODY.

...and I say thank # the UK has official control over the border on the French side of the tunnel because we would have had tens of thousands here now, as the French don't want them, and would have just let them on the trains.

Are they wearing WELLINGTONS or not?

your concerns are strange and confusing to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul
Are they wearing WELLINGTONS or not?
Haha I couldn't give a toss what those men choose to wear on their feet!
The point is that they are refusing to register and claim asylum in France so they are choosing to deny themselves the UN standard of care for refugees that the French government will provide after registration. You know, housing, welfare, healthcare, all the luxuries you don't find in an illegal shanty camp set up by unregistered migrants.

NONE OF THESE MEN ARE 'STUCK' IN THE CAMP, THEY ARE ALL CHOOSING TO STAY THERE INSTEAD OF SEEKING ASYLUM IN FRANCE - IT IS THEIR CHOICE ALONE.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Try 21:36 in this video. I trust these guys. They show the power of love in their actions. I strongly recommend watching all three of their relevant videos.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

The wellington thing is incredible. All the waste wellies from Glastonbury festival were donated. I bet that went down well. The aid workers giving advice say "They don't want wellingtons. Even though they are living in mud." Even Cambridge university specifically say no wellingtons wanted, as quoted in the earlier thread. How can it be such a general policy unless enforced by the fashion mafia?

Check this story.

"Rain is turning Calais refugee camp into 'a swamp'
'People were stood around in inadequate canvas shoes in mud up to their knees'

www.independent.co.uk...

Like as if this just happened somehow? The rain fell out of the sky?

The wellington issue shows this to be a tear jerking fraud with many truly needy and suffering people in between it all.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I have it direct from aid workers trench foot is a problem.

A previous generation saw men crippled by this in the trenches. From their experience came the advice, 'Keep your feet dry and you'll be alright'.

Suffering is deliberately being fostered through not wearing wellingtons. This suffering is then used to emotionally manipulate the general public.

Can we safely predict images such as this will soon be used as evidence of the cruel and inhuman treatment of migrants?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
The wellington issue shows this to be a tear jerking fraud with many truly needy and suffering people in between it all.
I agree with you there Kester, all of those men WILL receive housing, welfare, and health care if they register and claim asylum in France. They choose to live in squalor, and I notice that the bleeding hearts seem to have died down a bit about these 'poor men' now it is clear they are only interested in illegal entry to Britain, no longer fleeing oppression, and choosing to live in a self made slum.
No sympathy from me.
edit on 26.11.2015 by grainofsand because: fix quote tags

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You're right. I don't really know what I'm writing. I have a few ideas, change the heading several time, then post it and run. I haven't got a lot of time spare, but this Calais camp thing has been a fascinating investigation. Deliberately getting foot rot for sympathy? The ingenuity astounds me.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It is so obviously a case of argumentum ad passiones regarding the bleating about conditions in the Calais slum camp.
If those men get 'trench foot' then tough # I don't care, they are choosing to, when all they need to do is register and claim asylum in France to get housing, welfare, and health care.

Again, be glad that the UK still has official control over the border at the French side of the tunnel.
We would have had these thousands of men here months ago if the French controlled who gets on the trains.
Let them get trench foot and freeze this Winter, it is their choice to live in the illegal slum when all they need to do is register and claim asylum in France.
They are no longer fleeing oppression, none of them.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
Why?
All those men need to do to get housing, welfare, and health care from the French government is to register and claim asylum. They refuse, and choose to live in squalor as they try to enter the UK illegally.
Waste your money and time if you like, I won't, they are all choosing to live in that illegal camp created by undocumented migrants.
edit on Thu Nov 26 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I don't see why my post was deleted, it was on the topic of the Jungle camp and how someone was trying to do what he could to make it better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join